“value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Nadler Kensington

You added The Nadler Kensington to your Saves list
The Nadler Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Courtfield Gardens, Kensington | Kensington, London SW5 0PG, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% discount
Ranked #55 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Halifax, West Yorkshire
“value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

Location?-good class of area,Earls Court Tube 2 mins walk, supermarkets 5 mins walk, museums 15 mins walk, Kensington Palace end of Hyde Park/Kensington High Street 25 mins walk
Room ?- spotless, bright, modern, comfy bed, good tv, very handy kitchenette (microwave/fridge/all utensils/crockery etc). Standard double is quite small/cosy, but more than adequate.
Staff/check in process? - no probs at all, quick ,efficient/friendly
Value for money?-spot on, better than expected
Recommend?- Definately, It's exactly what it says on the tin - a base2stay (but with a cherry on top). Give it a whirl.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — size of room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

This hotel is a great find. Having stayed in many a grubby sub-standard hotel in London I cant praise Base2stay enough.

Firstly, it's easy to get to on foot from Earl's Court tube station and on a nice leafy quiet street. Smart on the outside and on the inside, the hotel feels new - everything is immaculate.

Check-in was efficient - the desk staff welcoming and friendly. I even had my room upgraded. I was a little surprised though to have to swipe my credit details on arrival even tho i had paid in full in advance but was told this was company policy in advance of any services i might use and would be voided at the end of my stay if no services were charged.
The communal spaces of the hotel are uncluttered and clean. Stylish and modern with attention to detail.
The room was great. Clean and spacious. Everything in calming colours (mushroom, cream, white). The kitchenette was very useful fully equipped with microwave, kettle, cutlery, plates, glasses etc. plenty of wardrobe space and a safe.
The bathroom was spotless and very modern with a large powerful shower.
A large plasma screen was linked to a range of digital facilities.
The bed was very comfortable.

With no restaurant or bar, the hotel equips each room with an extensive directory of local bars and eateries - addresses and phone numbers supplied. This was useful but, with the fantastic Wagamamas nearby, in my case it was largely redundant.

On the whole i'd definitely recommend this hotel to friends. Stylish, handy and great value for money.

• Liked — Stylish and clean
  • Disliked — upfront deposit on services i may use
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

This hotel is modern, affordable, clean, features an elevator and a very easy walk from the Earls Court tube (the station also features an elevator so you don't have to lug your baggage up the stairs, big +). You will have to walk a bit to area restaurants and shops but it may be worth it for the price.

Now the only negative: the front desk staff is the most unfriendly (albeit not unhelpful) group of people I encountered in London! If your expectation is for Londoners to be cold than this group will not disappoint.

I arrived at the hotel 20 minutes before standard check-in tired and in need of a shower. I was delighted to be given a key right away but when I saw the room on the 1st floor I knew my travel parner (who'd not yet arrived) would take issue as it was dark and small. I retuned to the desk where I was told I could pay for an upgrade or wait for one of the rooms on a higher floor to be cleaned. I said I would wait.

I waited in the lobby for about 30-40 minutes (not sure, very tired) where I was made to feel like I'd committed a cardinal sin for not accepting the first key. The woman look very uncomfotable in their business attire and their faces might break if they were to crack a smile. ( I did come across one gentleman during our stay who was more pleasant.) For the most part I stayed as far from that desk as I could during our 3 night stay. I stayed at 2 other hotels during my 3 week trip to the UK. Both more expensive and less convenient and will gladly return to either of them unless Base2Stay makes some adjustments to their front desk. I honestly couldn't tell if they hated me or their jobs. It was an experience.

• Liked — Location & price
  • Disliked — Front desk staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nassar-London, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, July 2, 2007
Thank you for taking the time to express your views on tripadvisor and I am sorry that you were unfortunately dissatisfied this time with the service you received from my front desk staff.

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify the matter raised. It is most unusual for us to get feedback such as this. As you can see from our reviews, this is an area that has always been positively reviewed and we very much pride ourselves on our dedicated staff and the service they effortlessly provide to all our guests

My team are generally very quick to smile, eager to please and above all are welcoming to all our guests. I note that although you arrived much earlier than our normal check-in time, we were able to check you in without delay and your request for a room move was immediately organised. This type of request does not constitute an inconvenience at all for my staff as we aim, where this is possible, to please our guests with their preferences 24hrs a day.

I am sorry that you feel the team that dealt with your request were unfriendly and had you expressed your view to me or my duty manager whilst in house, I am sure this misunderstanding could have been easily rectified.

As ever, we welcome comments which help us to improve our performance and we are always pleased to receive feedback. We thank you for taking the time to review base2stay. Should you want to discuss the matter further please do feel free to contact me on 0207 244 2255 or email me on manager@base2stay.com

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel and really enjoyed it. While the single room was a bit small, the modern bathroom and free internet access more than made up for the small size. The air conditioning was a pleasant surprise and the kitchenette was great for keeping water and other food items cool. Close to Earls Court tube station and grocery stores. The staff was extremely friendly and my room was ready for me even though I arrived two hours before check-in. Would stay again.

• Liked — Clean and modern facilities
  • Disliked — Small size of room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2007

I stayed in base2stay with my boyfriend who was on a business trip. Booked this hotel at short notice, was really pleased with our stay there.
The place is great, and would recommend to anyone looking for a 4* property in London. I find the staff helpful, eager to help and very friendly, starting from check in (we arrived late at night and received suprisingly efficient and proffesional service, the night manager made us feel very welcome and important). Our room was lovely - it was crisp and clean, and I cannot think of one thing that I can call a negative. The bedding was beautiful, the bathroom was spotlessly clean and extremely well appointed, there was a LCD TV with movies, and even free internet access! The toiletries in the bathroom were pleasant.
It was also a great location. There is a shopping area just along the road, with Mark and Spencer Food, and several other shops to buy something to eat, as well as plenty of eateries and bars - The receptionist gave a list of those they recommended, a very impressive service for a London hotel!
Well managed and in touch, we will definitely be going back!!!" 5* all round!

• Liked — Facilities, location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

Wanted to book a nice hotel in London but not to expensive.Found this little Gem.It was by far the cleanest hotel we stayed at on our 2 week honeymoon through France and Italy and the UK.We arrived at the hotel at 11:30am after our overnight flight from LA and they gave us our room early which was awesome.Loved to BIG flat screen tv with Internet on it.The front desk people were awesome the really want to make your stay at this hotel enjoyable.The hotel is right near the Earls court station which seems to be one of the main stations for the metro.London is a very easy city to get around in with the metro.

• Liked — Room was Super clean
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

This is a small sleek hotel in an older building that has been remodeled in a sophisticated fashion. Elevators, flat screen tv's, air conditioning, wireless internet available for a charge, very helpful at the desk. No dining but easy access to coffee shops, grocery store, and tube station (about 2 blocks). Our double room was small with tiny kitchenette, spacious bathroom. Next time, we will pay more and get a larger room. Everything's expensive in England for Americans, but this hotel was a good value. We will stay here again.

Stayed April 2007

Been to The Nadler Kensington? Share your experiences!