First of all: I was rather surprised by getting an e-mail from the hotel a few hours after checking out asking me to review the hotel on this website. I am more than happy to oblige, as I always review hotels here :)
The hotel is ranked very high on the long list of London Hotels and indeed it is a pretty good place to stay. Conveniently located near the Earl's Court tube station, near pubs, shops and everything you could possible need. Kensington is also a very nice part of London, so a stroll in the neighbourhood is something to enjoy if you don't feel like going downtown.
The hotel does not serve breakfast but the rooms have a small kitchenette including a microwave. Combined with all the shops at Earl's Court Road (M&S Food is particularly good), the lack of breakfast is not an issue at all.
The free WiFi works well in general, although during the 10 days I stayed it was slow or even not working a couple of times. But these were the exceptions and it always worked fine again after a 15 minute wait. The hotel also offers ethernet-based internet which is supposed to be a lot faster, but they charge for this. Almost 8 pounds a day, no less, which is overpriced frankly.
Staff was friendly and efficient the few times I had to interact with them and the rooms were clean and well kept. Even the one time I slept very late and was only outside my room for some 2 hours the whole day, it was all done when I came back. The shower is rather nice actually. They have an electronic system to control the flow of water I have never seen before, but which worked very well.
The only complaint I could possibly have was the size of the room (room 302). It may well have been the smallest room I ever stayed in, except for one hell hole in New York I had the misfortune to stay in in 2008 :) I usually don't complain to management about such matters, but I came close this time. But other than that, it was a great place to stay and I would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original base2stay hotel, now called The Nadler Kensington is an exciting hotel concept in London, located in a fabulous location next to a quiet Kensington Garden Square. This original townhouse and mews has been interior designed to provide all guest rooms with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, HDTVs with 6,000 track music library, internet and games, mini-kitchen, 24-hr Reception & Concierge Service, daily maid service and oversized power showers or baths. The Nadler Kensington has excellent transport connections and is in close walking distance of Earl's Court tube station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your The Nadler Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base2stay Kensington London
- Base2stay Kensington Hotel London
- Base 2 Stay
- The Nadler Kensington London, England