“Nice place to stay in London Kensington” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Nadler Kensington

You added The Nadler Kensington to your Saves list
The Nadler Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Courtfield Gardens, Kensington | Kensington, London SW5 0PG, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% discount
Ranked #56 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
The Hague
“Nice place to stay in London Kensington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

First of all: I was rather surprised by getting an e-mail from the hotel a few hours after checking out asking me to review the hotel on this website. I am more than happy to oblige, as I always review hotels here :)

The hotel is ranked very high on the long list of London Hotels and indeed it is a pretty good place to stay. Conveniently located near the Earl's Court tube station, near pubs, shops and everything you could possible need. Kensington is also a very nice part of London, so a stroll in the neighbourhood is something to enjoy if you don't feel like going downtown.

The hotel does not serve breakfast but the rooms have a small kitchenette including a microwave. Combined with all the shops at Earl's Court Road (M&S Food is particularly good), the lack of breakfast is not an issue at all.

The free WiFi works well in general, although during the 10 days I stayed it was slow or even not working a couple of times. But these were the exceptions and it always worked fine again after a 15 minute wait. The hotel also offers ethernet-based internet which is supposed to be a lot faster, but they charge for this. Almost 8 pounds a day, no less, which is overpriced frankly.

Staff was friendly and efficient the few times I had to interact with them and the rooms were clean and well kept. Even the one time I slept very late and was only outside my room for some 2 hours the whole day, it was all done when I came back. The shower is rather nice actually. They have an electronic system to control the flow of water I have never seen before, but which worked very well.

The only complaint I could possibly have was the size of the room (room 302). It may well have been the smallest room I ever stayed in, except for one hell hole in New York I had the misfortune to stay in in 2008 :) I usually don't complain to management about such matters, but I came close this time. But other than that, it was a great place to stay and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Bremen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

We found this hotel on Tripadvisor & it lived up to review comments. The location 5 minutes from Earls Court Tube station & a short walk to Old Brompton road make it a great West End location. The staff were extremely help and friendly. The standard room was modern & clean if somewhat small. The storage space for clothes is fairly minimal. Unfortunately our room was not cleaned on the 2nd night we stayed for which the staff were very apologetic. However we did enjoy our stay & will stay there again when we are next in London probably opting for a a deluxe room rather than standard

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Amie_Conway, Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, May 21, 2010
Thank you for your excellent review and also for providing information directly to the hotel concerning your stay so we were able to investigate the cleaning rota of your room. I am very sorry that your room was not serviced on the second day. After investigation, I have established that this was unfortunately overlooked by our Housekeeper, for which I sincerely apologise. At base2stay our main priority is guest service, and whilst oversights like this will occasionally happen, we consider them inexcusable and will strive to ensure they don’t re-occur. We keep our standards high as we believe our guests expect and should receive the best from us.
Wien
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

I used Base2stay a few times in the past and I came back last Feb for a two nights stay.
The hotel as usual is in good condition, internet is working as well as A/C and the carpet is very clean but the reception staff is missing now something.
there used to be an Italian manager and everything was running smoothly, his charme and his elegant manners were 99% of the service; at present the reception staff is still good but the hotel lost personal touch.
I would recommend the place anyway.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Amie_Conway, Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, May 7, 2010
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you will be recommending base2stay. I’m sorry that you feel we have lost our personal touch without our former Italian Reception Manager. We employ staff from a variety of countries, with the aim that our customers will appreciate being able to relate to the staff member and, where possible, talk in their native language. Whilst I am sorry that we didn’t fulfil your expectations this time, we are confident that we have a strong and diverse team that offers fantastic customer service, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you in the future.
Baselland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

If you want to stay in London for an acceptable price of your hotel, then choose base2stay. You don't have a restaurant in your hotel, but instead profit of a small kitchen in every room with micro-wafe and fridge. Several good restaurants are in the vicinity, and the Tube station Earls court is reachable in 2 minutes.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
SMA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

Title says it all. The location was excellent -- easy access to Underground, easy walk to VA Museum, Harrods. Rooms were modern, clean, comfortable. Staff was friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

We had one night at Base2stay following a long flight from Australia. Our basic double room was very, very small but fine for one night. Room was very clean, well appointed and the hotel is in a wonderful position. Friendly and helpful staff. Would stay again ( in a larger room for an extended stay).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Wien
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

My mother and I stayed at base2stay for 3 nights at the end of February. We ordered a room with bunk beds (because my mother thought it´s funny; she even volunteered to stay in the upper bed).
When we arrived our room was not ready, but we where way ahead of checkin time. But staff was very friendly and they stored our luggage and brought it to our room afterwards.
We had a room on the lower floor with a terrace. It was quiet (trafficwise), but during the second night we noticed how thin the walls are when guests arrived in the next room. We could hear the tv, but they also turned up the volume very high. The slamming of doors was also a problem during the night.
The room was clean, the kitchenette was properly stocked with kitchenware, as it said on the website. The room itself is not big, probably only 2 meters wide, but we had enough space to move around and we stored our luggage under the bed. But we were not suprised by the size as pictures on the website give a good idea about the rooms.
Near the hotels are quite a few supermarkets and restaurants and the hotel offers some deals on some restaurants.
Our rooms were properly serviced every day and this is the first hotel that keeps to its "we only replace the towels you want us to" policy (in other hotels I often would place 2
or three towels in the shower and all of them got exchanged).
Free internet was a bit slow and wouldn´t all websites as it asked for upgrades.
Checkout was swift and again they stored our luggage for us.
All in all I was very happy with our say at base2stay as probably for the first time I got exactly what I ordered.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Nadler Kensington? Share your experiences!