“Does what it says on the label” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Nadler Kensington

You added The Nadler Kensington to your Saves list
The Nadler Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Courtfield Gardens, Kensington | Kensington, London SW5 0PG, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% discount
Ranked #55 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the label”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

For a London Hotel base2stay is very good value. We had a room that was perfectly adequate, particularly if you are sightseeing all day. I would add her that the desk/TV/wifi are all pluses. The room is spacious for a city, clean, comfortable, with an excellent shower and the kitchenette is a real bonus. For two of our nights we picked up microwave meals from Waitrose and a bottle of wine. Decent mug of tea in the morning with real milk straight from our fridge. The staff are really friendly and very accommodating. My only negative observation is this: the beds, in another couple of years will need replacing, already the sprung element can be felt in the matress. Would I stay here again, yes I definitley would, it fulfilled everything I required in a city stay for a few nights. The location for tubes is brilliant although we walked almost everywhere. The V & A is just my favourite museum. Lots of supermarkets/restaurants etc very close by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review. We have taken your comments on board and will definitely have a look at the mattresses – thank you for bringing this to our attention. It’s great to know that you took full advantage of the mini-kitchen, which is so useful when you’ve been out and about in the city all day and then can come home and make yourself a well-deserved cuppa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Flossmoor, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here for three nights on a solo trip to London. I've stayed in the Earl's Court area before and like the location as it's a bit out of the touristy zone, but has great transit links for getting around. This hotel was much nicer than the Premier Inn up the street where I stayed last trip.

I had a standard single, which was small, but the bed was comfortable and I didn't hear much noise from other guests. And really, when I'm in London I really just want a place to leave my stuff and have an undisturbed sleep, as I don't spend that much time in my room. The kitchenette is a real bonus: it's great to have a fridge and there are numerous markets within walking distance for stocking it. Free wifi is nice too. The only complaint I have is that the bed was the only place to sit if I wanted to watch TV and I kept bumping the light switch that was on the headboard. That's a minor quibble and I would certainly stay here again. I think the price is excellent (though I still get sticker shock from London hotel prices, even after multiple visits).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband & I stayed 4 nights in mid January while attending a trade show at Earls Court. It's in a great location -3 mins walk to the Earls Court tube station & just a few mins more to the exhibition centre. The room was smallish - however we did opt for a king size bed which was very comfortable. The bathroom was really spacious with nice toiletries. We loved having a kitchenette so we could self cater for breakfast & the coffee machine was a real bonus!
The staff were super helpful & each night they gave us a restaurant recommendation that could be walked to - along with a discount voucher for that establishment. The food at all 4 restaurants we tried was superb & was excellent value as well.
One staff member booked the Eurostar train to Paris for me as I was having trouble doing it on my iPad & could not print off the tickets - I was very appreciative as it did take some time to do!!
We will definitely return to this hotel - cannot speak highly enough of it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your lovely review. Our Nespresso machines are a recently added feature in all our larger rooms – so it’s great to know that guests are enjoying them. It’s fair to say that London is not inexpensive and that’s why we know it’s great to have exclusive discounts here and there –even more so when the restaurants impress! Our staff are there to ensure our guests to feel as comfortable as possible and to help with all their needs so it’s great to hear they made the difference. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and we can’t wait to see you return!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights here in January. The location is excellent - quiet, stylish, and only a couple of minutes walk to Earl's Court underground. Wifi service was excellent - free, included all our devices, and good bandwidth at all times. Staff were generally agreeable and helpful, with one exception (but you get that occasionally). Rooms are a little tight, but well appointed and comfortable, with the exception noted below. Cost is reasonable for the style of accommodation and the location.

According to our experience, don't stay on the lower ground floor. The first room we had (LG9, I think) was directly below the reception desk and office. The building has floorboards, not slab flooring, and we heard every footstep the whole night! Also, this room was cold! Curiously, the building seems not to have central heating, only air conditioning. This room was adjacent to a light well, and despite heavy curtains the cold came into the room from the window. The aircon couldn't cope. Our booking arrangements required us to move for the 3rd night, and we requested a room on a higher floor. The staff obliged, but the room we got had a bed that had completely collapsed on one side. There was no argument, they immediately arranged for an alternative, but it was only available for one night, so we had to move rooms again for the fourth night. Finally this room (on the 1st floor) was fine. Good beds, warm, and quiet.

The breakfast arrangement is cute. Order the night before and you get a paper bag delivered in the morning with the croissant of your choice, corn flakes, milk, yoghurt and fruit juice. A £7 it's cheaper than a cafe breakfast. The in-room Nespresso machine is also a great touch for the morning cup of coffee, although not all rooms have one. Brekkie was late every morning, but what the heck, we were on holidays!

I think we were just unlucky with our initial room experience. Overall we thought this was good accommodation, and it complemented what was an excellent stay in London, complete with snow! We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time in ‘snowy’ London and that base2stay was able to be a part of your experience. We would like to thank you for your comments [and for your patience] and apologise for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. The Reception is naturally busy but that should not disturb guests; we apologise and we will investigate the noise levels in that room. All our rooms have individually controlled heating and cooling systems and with the cold winter season we do offer extra blankets and heaters at Reception. The adjoining patio, which makes rooms on this level very popular in summer, shouldn’t cause issues with cold so we will look at this also in case draught-proofing needs improving. I am sorry you had to change rooms, but I’m delighted that when once you were settled you had everything you needed! Our mattresses should be regularly checked so thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. We will replace it as soon as we have checked it. I do hope that you will visit us again soon so that we can make sure we show you the best of the base2stay experience.
Las Cruces
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My home-away-from-home in London, base2stay is consistenly excellent. My highest praise goes to the staff, who are helpful in every way whenever I need it. The location near Earl's Court tube station is perfect, giving access to both the Piccadilly Line (Heathrow and the West End), and the District Line.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
It’s great to be described as your ‘home-away-from-home’ and we hope that we continue to always serve this role for you. Our staff are totally guest-orientated and will do everything they can to help or assist. Thank your kind comments and we hope that you return ‘home’ very soon!
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had a lovely night at the Base2stay Hotel Kensington...for our 10th Wedding Anniversary after a wonderful experience at the Royal Albert Hall and a VIP experience with Cirque du Soliel KOOZA. After such a great night we were welcomed at 11pm with no less than three staff members to usher us to our Room where everything was set for our arrival...flowers, gateau and Belini Cocktails!!! It was the perfect end to a great day. Thank you Base2stay...!

Room Tip: Upper Floor Rooms were very roomy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Once again Happy Anniversary! I’m delighted you had a wonderful time celebrating in London and that we were able to be part of it. We love making special days extra special and we hope that you will return to us soon.
Lasne, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was quite excited when I booked Base2stay Kensington London. The description, the concept, the pictures and the price looked really attractive. Now I spend an average 2 nights per week in hotels and I have traveled the capital cities of the world. So you could say I've seen quite a lot... Until I got to my Base2stay room in Kensington. Honestly, the room is the size of a prison cell. It had a bunk bed for one person and a tiny desk and a tiny bathroom. The worst is that the aircon is right above the bed and hits you in the face even when shut off. So I turned the duvet and pillows around to avoid waking up with a cold or worse. The street is supposedly quiet but so far, I've had a lot of noise and it feels like cars are parking right inside the room... Looks like I'm gonna have a great night! So unless you go for one of the suites... Avoid the place all together as there are much better places to stay in London. And definitely do not select single room option as you may end up where I am now

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Reviews like these are always disappointing but this one more than most as the review does not accurately portray what occurred.

The guest was put in a single room (G9) as booked (not a bunk room) where the air conditioning does not blow directly on the bed (that would be poor planning!). This guest found a friend staying at the hotel in a larger room and asked if we could upgrade him. We offered him a Superior Room at a significant discount for the upgrade as he was in-house and this was the only larger room available. He said he expected the upgrade for free and suggested there would be consequences if this wasn’t given. We are therefore disappointed to see that he immediately sent off this review but interested to note that he was still happy enough to stay a further night.

Been to The Nadler Kensington? Share your experiences!