“Great base for a trip to London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Nadler Kensington

Save Saved
You added The Nadler Kensington to your Saves list
The Nadler Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Courtfield Gardens, Kensington | Kensington, London SW5 0PG, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% discount
Ranked #52 of 1,073 hotels in London
Melbourne
“Great base for a trip to London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here twice on my recent trip to the uk. Firstly for 3 nights in a twin room with my sister and secondly in a single room for 1 night. Overall I thought it was a great place to stay when in London - clean uncluttered rooms, comfortable beds, decent showers and a good location. Earls Court tube is just a 5 minute walk away and can get you around London and to Heathrow airport easily or you can walk to the Kensington museums in 15 minutes. Although the hotel doesn't have a restaurant there are lots of places nearby to eat, get a drink or buy food/readymeals to have in your room.
Yes the rooms are fairly small and don't have great views (a wall from the first room and the pavement from the second!) but you don't go to London to stay in your hotel room!
We left our luggage there after check out and picked it up later in the day which was handled very efficiently by the staff. And the free wifi was problem free, I skyped with my family in australia with no drop outs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

2,362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Location, Location, Location! Just a few blocks from the Earl's Court Tube Station and the Piccadilly line to Heathrow. Need I say more?

Lots of shops, restaurants, and coffee shops within walking distance.

Although the hotel markets itself as a luxuru hotel, I'd say it's a nice hotel with benefits. The beds were firm, the room clean, and the bathroom spacious.

I'll definitely return!

Room Tip: The only downside was the street noise from some construction or roadwork. It didn't keep me aw...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Edisto Beach, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at the Base2Stay Kensington for three nights in November. Being within walking distance of the Earl's Court tube station and two lines was a great plus for seeing sights around central London. It was also located close to several nice pubs, a bank, and a grocery store, which was useful since the room had a refrigerator and a microwave. The room was very clean and the hotel staff were very friendly, especially Anja, who spent a lot of time discussing sightseeing options with us. We highly recommend the Base2Stay and will absolutely use it again when we visit London.

Room Tip: Bunk beds are very economical, but not easy to climb into. Rooms come in sizes to suit various prefe...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I’m so glad you had an enjoyable stay and took advantage of the location and the hotel facilities. We work hard to offer excellent customer service and I will be pleased to pass your message onto Anja who will be thrilled that she was able to help. London is such an amazing city and the list of things to do is endless and our knowledgeable staff are always happy to assist in the prioritizing and choosing process! We can’t wait to welcome you back, very soon hopefully.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I love the location of the Hotel. It's so close to many shops, restaurants, pubs, and the Tube station. The Earl Court tub station is great. It is a large station, easy to navigate, and has many major stops without having the transfer. So shopped at the co-op to stock our tiny kitchen for breakfast and snacks while staying at base2stay.

My sister and I had a small room with two single beds in the basement level. We had a window to a back alley which was quiet for the most part. There were some mornings where the car lights shined in my face. But for the most part, I really like our quaint room. The bathroom was huge but it was clean, had good water pressure, and hot hot water.

I would definitely be staying there again if I come back to London. I loved the quiet surrounding neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Hi there, thank you for leaving such a nice review. The location is a pinnacle feature our hotel and we like to think that it offers the best of both worlds – it’s tranquil but also vibrant and accessible. It seems that you would agree with us, which is wonderful to hear! Our bathrooms are very big, but what girl doesn’t want a big bathroom? It’s a cosmetics heaven! I’m sure you and your sister never had to worry about the mirror or shelf space. I’m very happy you had an enjoyable experience and we hope to welcome you and your sister back soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is my third stay in the last 12 months, and can't think why I would stay anywhere else. It's clean, comfortable, the staff are friendly and well trained and the location is great for access to the Circle and District lines. This time we walked to the V and A (15-20 mins only) and enjoyed the restaurants on Earls Court Rd. Such great value by London standards.

Keep it up Base2stay!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here for one night.

I chose the hotel because the idea of a kitchenette in the room appealed to me - it's handy when you're travelling to be able to rustle something up at home rather than eat out all the time. This is the selling point of the hotel. The price for a double room was not outrageous for London - about £100 a night - so reasonably good value.

The room itself turned out to be not quite as I had expected. I had thought that the room would in effect be a studio apartment - so a kitchenette would take up a small area of a large open plan room. The reality is that it is an ordinary size room for London i.e. fairly small, and the kitchenette is tucked into the space where a wardrobe would be. The kitchenette does have sufficient equipment for you to prepare a small meal in a civilised manner i.e. crockery, cutlery, wine glasses, tea pot, microwave, fridge. But because of the size of the room, there is nowhere for you to eat in a civilised manner - you can only really eat on the bed (there is a desk but only one chair, in a room for two people).

Some little details have been thought about e.g. there is more than just tea and coffee sachets, but also green tea and other varieties. But then other little details have been left out e.g. there is no washing up liquid or tea towel or anything to scrub dishes with - so when I needed to reuse dishes, I had to rinse them and dry them with a hand towel from the bathroom.

Speaking of breakfast, they don't have a breakfast room, but provide a service where you get cereal, milk, juice, yoghurt and a choice of hot pastry/roll for £7 delivered to your room. Saves you leaving the room on a cold morning!

The location is excellent - a short walk from the tube station and close to a nice high street with lots of chain restaurants and cafes and plenty of unique establishments as well, so it's handy if you don't get the delivered breakfast option. Staff friendly and efficient.

Overall, for the price, I think it was worthwhile to have some kitchen facilities, however minor. But I would've appreciated a more spacious room and a bit more attention to detail.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The kitchenette facility is a unique feature of base2stay hotels – I hope that the description and photographs offer an accurate representation of what they are like. We are not a serviced apartment, but we do offer daily services. We will do the washing up for you – if we left washing up liquid and tea towels you may feel that you are expected to do this! However, if you do require these items they are available from Reception. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and made the most of out of ideal location! We appreciate your comments and I hope that you will stay with us again so that we can show you a flawless visit!
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed in Base2Stay for one night with my boyfriend. The room we got was nothing like we expected. The room was small, dark and cramped, we didn't even have any space to freely walk around.
They put us in lower ground floor room with a view of cars parked outside. I booked king suit as it is being advertise as one of the best roomtypes in the hotel. I don't understand how a five star place might not have a bath!?
Our room had an office type ceiling which gave even worst impression. After taking a shower the whole bathroom was flooded due to not properly installed shower glass, which let the water just spill from the shower tub all around the bathroom. Our bed sheet was stained and had a few holes in it.
The kitchenette was located inside a wardrobe and was really small plus there is no cooking facilities so don't think about making your own breakfast.
This place is overpriced and we wouldn't stay here again. I don't understand why is it has so highly rated on trip advisor!?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
On behalf of base2stay I want to apologise for the issues you faced whilst staying at our hotel and I hope that I can adequately address them below.

We aim to offer exceptional value for money at our hotel and encourage guests to book directly with us - via our website or by phone – so we can advise them on the best possible deal and the right room type for their needs.

We have a variety of room types and sizes available, our most luxurious being the Superior and Deluxe, which are equipped with baths. As our website describes, our King/twin rooms (not suites) are mid-range rooms, larger than our standard `doubles with king size beds but I am sorry if it didn’t meet your expectations. I note your comments about shower screens and ceilings, and coincidentally, these specific items are part of our room upgrades planned for the start of next year.

As you may have noticed guest reviews often comment on our hygiene and cleanliness. Therefore, I am very sorry for the lapse on this occasion, and I will investigate why this occurred. We do always encourage guests to inform Reception immediately about any issues that arise during their visit, so that we can rectify the situation.

Your comments have been taken on board, and again I am very sorry that your experience didn’t leave you with the level of satisfaction that we aim for. I hope that you will give us another chance so that we can show you a better stay. Thank you for your review.

Been to The Nadler Kensington? Share your experiences!