“First Stay in Base2Stay Earl's Court” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Nadler Kensington

You added The Nadler Kensington to your Saves list
The Nadler Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Courtfield Gardens, Kensington | Kensington, London SW5 0PG, England (South Kensington)   |
Special Price
10% Discount
Ranked #53 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
“First Stay in Base2Stay Earl's Court”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Normally, I would stay in a hotel but I decided to try a serviced apartment. I stayed in room 116 and first impressions were that it was very small but it did have modern fittings and a comfortable bed. It was quiet as it was at the end of the corridor, which was a blessing. Checking in and out was efficient and friendly. I did have trouble with the TV and someone came at once to sort it out but it was a general fault with the "system" and was sorted the next day. It was very clean and the whole building looked well cared for. The view from the window was, "uninspiring" but I have paid twice the amount for a London Hotel room and have a "kitchen view or blank dirty wall"
The surrounding area was nice and quiet and many pubs, resteraunts and shops within a short walk. Earls Court station is 5 mins walk away. The in room "service guide" was the best I have ever seen with lots of information. So all in all, I can see other reviews complaining about the size of the rooms and that is probably an honest complaint but don't compare 5 star hotels or any American hotel with this apartment as you will obviously be disapointed. All the staff were very attentive and friendly. I would stay again. Once again, I have paid a lot lot more for a hotel room that claims air conditioning but rarely works well. My room had an excellent system.

Room Tip: I think my room was a "double" but I would class it as a "single" with a double...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review base2stay, where your comments are very much appreciated. We actually describe ourselves and are classified as a hotel, although we believe our unique concept combines some of the best features of both. I’m pleased to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and assisted you when you required their help. We have a variety of room types and sizes with views that range from the gardens of neighbouring properties or the adjoining square to some with their own patios. I hope that on your next visit we can offer you a room with our best views!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Montrose, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is a super Hotel if you want to spend a few days in London. The room, G12, was compact with a good size bathroom. Furniture is modern and clean. Everything works well and the bonus is a closed-in alcove containing everything you need to 'eat in', including microwave, sink, fridge, cups and plates, cutlery and even a corkscrew. We didn't buy continental breakfast (£7), but chose to find a cafe in the neighbourhood. The reception area has been recently refurbished and looks and feels good. Staff on reception were friendly and professional. Located within five minute walk of Earl's Court tube station, the hotel is great for heading into Central London, or visiting nearby Museums in South Kensington. We stayed for one night on 14 November and were very impressed with 'base2stay' and pleased with our experience. Would certainly return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Masuma A, Guest Relations Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We have a simple philosophy – if the guest is happy, then we’re happy! I hope on your next visit, you leave feeling even happier than before!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Loved this hotel - the staff were lovely and very helpful. The decor of the hotel/rooms was great - it's renovated so all new and modern, but still has a lovely warm feel. Very high standard of cleanliness, and good services - although the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, there is a range of restaurants in the area that deliver to the hotel, so a quiet night in with "room service" is still possible if you're feeling weary. It is great having the little kitchenette in the room, to make your own breakfast, and tea and coffee whenever you feel like it.

The location is great - South Kensington is beautiful, and the nearest tube station (Earls Court) is only a couple of minutes walk away. There are restaurants on Earls Court Road for eating out, and High Street Kensington is only about a 10 minute walk if you want to do some nice clothes shopping.

Earls Court station is on 2 different tube lines, and a 5 minute walk away there is Gloucester Rd station which is on 3 lines, so you can get around most of central London very easily from this spot.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

An alternative for people like me that sees hotels as a place to sleep, take a long & warm shower and get in and out very fast.

If you like hotels with big lobby, bell boy, fancy room service and spacious rooms this is not an option because the room are not big like Hyatt or Hilton.

My room was quite simmilar to a room in Tokyo (capsule hotel) but way better. It hasnt more than 4x4 mts but very smart designed. It had a small kitchenette with fridge and sink as well as free cable TV and Internet.

If you are lucky and have the opportunity to have Wigas on duty at the front desk ask him for his advice about everything you are planning to do because he knows about discounts and better options which will help you to save money. With his help i got discounts at restaurants, transportation services, city tours, etc.

The hotel location is perfect because you are far away from the busy city of London but in the grand London area. Earl court underground station is one block away from the hotel and there is an easy access to the local transportation system (BUS)

The rooms are very well isolated from the external noise (street) and my neighbords behaved very well so my nights were quite and relaxing.

There is a Pub one block away and just across the underground station that sells one of the best fish and chips in the area.

I recommend this place as an option for travelers that are not looking to spend so much time at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. One of our key aims is to create the perfect base to eat, sleep, work and play in London (and in Liverpool). I am delighted that what you describe encapsulates this ideal perfectly – thank you! I’m glad that our hotel (and Wiqas!) provided you with the all the services, facilities and features to make the most of your trip in London.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had a great stay at base2stay Kensington when we stayed for our honeymoon and first trip to Europe. The hotel is very close to an underground station, which is easy to use to get around the city and is included in the London pass if you are using that. The area is very lively and much closer to the city center than I expected. In room wifi worked great and the room was comfortable with good services. Not a very large room, but it was very functional for the 2 of us.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here to 4 nights and certainly enjoyed it. Overall the hotel was great, it was clean, good sized room for London, the service was excellent and in a great part of town. It was only a few minutes walk from the tube station and there were some great breakfast cafes nearby. The only complaints would be that although the Internet was included, it was very unreliable and took quite some time to load pages. I will certainly stay here again on my next visit.

Rennes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Base2stay is well located, not far away from the metro line, has good service, neat rooms, BUT in our case the mattress was terrible and probably pretty old. It was very saggy in some spots. This was a bit surprizing given the fact that the hotel seems to have been recently remodeled. Overall I would stay there again, but recommend to check the mattress.

• Stayed November 2012
Hi Boris FR, thanks for your review. Taking on board your comments I apologise if the condition of the mattress affected your night’s sleep. Mattresses are be checked by housekeeping and changed immediately, and I apologise if this one was missed – if you can let me know what room number you stayed in, I will ensure this happens. As you noted, the hotel has been undergoing some remodelling and the first stage of this is reflected in our lovely new reception area. We are now turning our attention to our rooms, with a number already renovated. As some guests have noticed, we have also added Nespresso machines to all our larger rooms, so I am delighted that you intend to return and I am sure we can provide you with a great night’s sleep!

Been to The Nadler Kensington? Share your experiences!