“Good for a 1 night stay if travelling on Eurostar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Kings Cross

You added Comfort Inn Kings Cross to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Kings Cross
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   2-5 St Chad's Street, London WCIH 8BD, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Ranked #263 of 535 London B&B and Inns
“Good for a 1 night stay if travelling on Eurostar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Good sized room, newly refurbished. decent breakfast. Locked room available to leave luggage if outside if check in /check it times. 4 minute walk to metro and international train station. Wouldn't recommend for a longer stay, or if you want to be in the heart of London as it is on the outskirts and probably not a good place to hang around for dinner etc. gut at reception Serban was write rude and rolled his eyes about other people as they walked away and also when on the phone. Probably did as we walked away too I suppose!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have never actually done this before but I was outraged by this experiance that I felt I needed to share this on here.

I booked online to go and stay at this hotel, however as i needed to go into hospital unexpectedly I needed to cancel my reserveration. I called the hotel to speak to someone to try and sort this out, the gentleman who answered the phone was foreign so did not understand when i told him my name I had to repeat myself three times and we went round in circles. I asked to be put through to someone else and again this was a joke. She could not understand me either so I had to repeat myself again three times. They offered me a poor offer as a solution to my problem which was if they could re-sell the room then they would give me my money back. How do i know they would sell the room they might just keep the money for the new booking and mine. The lady in reservations did tell me that there was no other duty manager available and she was the only manager there was available to speak to about this matter. All she wanted to do was make sure she got the room back so she could rip someone else off. I work in the hotel industry so I know that at certain times the hotel can at their discretion sort something else and do refunds but this place didnt even bother to do anything.
I am very glad that I didnt stay now if this how I was treated before I even stepped foot in this place.
I then was sent a generated email that was thanking me for my stay. I NEVER STAYED! In this email it was saying that they would value my comments on my stay and they hoped that I enjoyed my stay with them. Shouldnt they know who stayed and who didnt stay at their hotel.

I sent an email to the general manager expressing how I was very unhappy with the level of service. The response I got back was a joke, they said they were very worried about the level of service that I had recieved and they would be looking into it. The email was written by the same lady in reservations that i spoke to on the phone. So obviously the general manager couldnt be bothered to deal with my email so he just gave someone else the job to send me some joke email.

At the end of the email they said they look forward to welcoming me back again. That would never happen, I would certainly never be staying in this hotel or any of the other hotels in this chain. I would go somewhere that would try and help and actually want thier guests to come back and stay with them.

If you want to book with a hotel where they do not understand you, cant even do something as simple as understand what your name is than go here. If you want to go somewhere that will look after you then I would book somewhere else.

NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Brussels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel because (a) it was 5 mins from St Pancras & our party venue (b) it was relativlely inexpensive. So room for 3 was recently refurbished but v small. Staff were helpful & friendly. Complimentary breakfast was basic - budget cereals & yoghurt- missable. No free wi-fi - this should be standard by now as in th US. London hotels are of course expensive & offer little in the way of free extras whatever class hotel. Good for our purposes that weekend & economical. Probably wouldn't go back as a w/e in London needs to be more indulgent.

• Stayed September 2012
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were staying in London for 2 nights and wanted to be somewhere central. My mum and sister came in on the train to Kings Cross. The hotel is 1 - 2 mins walk from the station. The staff are very friendly and happy to store luggage before and after your stay. We booked a triple room with a double and twin bed. Small room but perfect adequate especially for only £110 a night including breakfast.
The area itself isn't the best, both in the morning and evenings there were homeless people sleeping rough as you walked from the station and a fair bit of rubbish, empty beer cans etc but I didn't feel concerned and I'm sure this is common in many London areas.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. We had two twin rooms, both of which were recently remodeled. The rooms were a bit on the smaller side, but that's normal for Europe. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. They also have a/c which was much needed.

The staff was VERY nice and accommodating. Breakfast was mostly cereal and breads, which was fine for me. Also, the coffee was very good.

I would stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room on the 1st floor, which is the 2nd floor in US terms. Room 136 has a large...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We booked this family room after flying back to London from Greece. We were taking an early Eurostar the following morning and booked the hotel through Eurostar. We were told it was a four star but it is most definitely a two star at most!
We arrived very late (after midnight) and very tired only to discover that our room was stifling in the midst of a heat wave. The hotel staff should have had the foresight to put a fan/air conditioning on in the room as the windows could not be opened! The hotel suite had a double bed but no beside lamps, only an overhead light. The second bed (a sofa bed) in the 'living room' was not made up and we then had to go back to reception to get sheets and make it up ourselves. The only piece of furniture in the 'living room' was the sofa bed....not even a small table or a chair or a light. We didn't stay for breakfast, so can't comment on that. I'm not normally a negative person, but can't help feel that we were had! We had booked a suite for three of us at a cost of £210 when we have just stayed at some lovely hotels for a 1/3 of the price. Simply not worth the money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
los angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is not a place I would normally stay, especially here in london...but we were catching a train at 9am the next day and the station was right across the street....

We got to the hotel super early...so we knew there was a very good chance that our room would not be ready.l.and it was not....so we put our luggage in the luggage room and went to eat and roam. By the time we got back at 3:30 the room was good to go....in the new building...room 501.... When we asked about the lift we were told that the new building didn't have one...it was just downstairs a flight....there was an offer to help that I thought was odd since it should not have been a big deal....but boy was I wrong. The new building is outside down the street and the room downstairs was down a very steep flight of stairs.....and yes we needed help. (don't even get me started about getting them out and up stairs the next day. The room was neat...comfortable and once in there then fine ( great bathroom...just mind the step). The biggest downsides to this room would be the crazy loud noises coming from above us...I am really not sure what it was but it went in for a while...also the outside is right there....like right there..no window...a glass door that separates you from the street and street noise essentially....so...,would I stay here again....well probably not.....did it kill me to do this for a night....no..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Kings Cross? Share your experiences!