A group of us from work were staying here for the weekend between meetings and work booked us in,
The location of the hotel as excellent as it was s short stroll from Paddington Railway Station and London Underground Station and easily with a suitcase. As Paddington is the London end of the Heathrow Express train, it was very handy as no trying to take suitcases onto the Tube.
Unfortunately, location is the one and only thing going for this hotel.
The chap on Reception was rude and arrogant and didn't appear to know anything about customer service and was quite put out by our group all booking in together.
It was just as well that I didn't travel with a cat because the room was so tiny, there was no way I could swing a cat around. There was a double bed up against the wall and you had climb over it to open the curtains (drapes) if you wanted natural light.
I had two cold showers before I realised that if you turned the tap on hot and left the water running for 20+ minutes the water would get hot enough but that seems so unnecessarily wasteful.
The place is poorly signposted inside and it took about 10 minutes to actually locate the dining level because I was simply told it was on the lower level so I took a set of stairs down but the household staff had the stairwell blocked with a vacuum cleaner so I had to go back up and use the other set of stairs at the opposite end of the building and even once I was downstairs, it was hard to find. It didn't matter anyway as the fake scrambled eggs and greasy sausages did not taste very nice at all.
There was wifi available but it was so slow it was nearly unusable.
Despite it's great location, it would not ever again be my hotel of choice and I recommend others look for alternate lodgings unless the price is VERY good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet garden square just 2 minutes from Paddington Station, this beautiful Victorian townhouse has been recently air-conditioned and boasts contemporary interiors with state-of-the-art amenities.With interactive flat-screen TVs, high-speed wireless internet and inspired service, guest satisfaction is our Number One Priority.Quality Crown Hyde Park is not affiliated with the Crown Hyde Park Hotel in any way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Quality Crown Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Crown Hyde Park (Not Affiliated With The Crown Hyde Park Hotel) Hotel
- Quality Inn London
- London Quality Inn
- Quality Crown Hotel Hyde Park
- Quality Crown Hyde Park London, England