“rooms very small” 3 of 5 stars
Review of London Premier Notting Hill

You added London Premier Notting Hill to your Saves list
London Premier Notting Hill
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5-7 Princes Square Bayswater, London W2 4NP, England (Notting Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
FREE BREAKFAST & WIFI
Ranked #434 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Ballynacally, Clare, Ireland
“rooms very small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

we arrived at our hotel and found the staff very helpful and friendly, but we were led to believe that this was a Hotel, so when asked where the bar was we were informed that the nearest bar was just outside to the left, so the Hotel did not have a bar of its own.
The hotel did not have a restaurant so we had to go out each night to eat.
the hotel room I booked was a double, But when we were brought to our room, it was so small that three people could not stand inside the room without hitting against each other, this was the case when the hotel porter showed us to our room.he went into the room my wife followed him and I had to stay in the hallway until the hotel porter left the room.
The room was very clean and comfortable but the room was so small that one could not walk to the other side of the bed as the bed took up what little space was in the room
I spoke to the hotel receptionist and asked if I could get a bigger room, and the following morning we were moved into a Club room, this room was a little larger but not what I was expecting as the only difference was that the en-suite had a bath and the room was a little bigger, however the staff were very nice and in particular a young man named Kazim was very eager to help in any he could.
The breakfast room was equally as small as the bedroom with very little space between the very small 2 person max tables. I met a man in lift and he was a tall man, he told me that his feet were out of the bed all night but he did agree that the location of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff as well as the cleanliness of the property did help to overlook the lack of comfortable space one would expect in a "4 star" hotel.
I would call this property a Guest House and not a Hotel.

Room Tip: If one is tall don't go there, and I am not a a tall person
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mandar D, Manager at London Premier Notting Hill, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill for your recent visit to London. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Shaftesbury Notting hill was able to meet your some expectations.

With regards to bigger room I request you to please email mail me once you do the booking so that I can arrange nice & bigger room for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill.

With Regards
Mandar Dhage.
dm.ship@shaftesburyhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We were booked at the Hyde Park and were moved to this clean, friendly and quiet place. We had only planned to stay three days and travel but stayed two weeks instead, skipped a tour to Scotland.
Staff were the best: friendly, courteous, hospitable.
I had hesitated to visit London, worried about finding an affordable place. This place was great value.
Kazim and Dyxa were people i dealt with most. They were very very good at making us comfortable. In fact, we spent a lot of time at the hotel because it was relaxing.
We had a lot of breakfast options as vegetarians, never missed one breakfast in two weeks. Plenty of meat for carnivores.
We had a great pub, Prince Edward, across the street. Really lively Friday night. Great restaurants nearby, including Bloody French.

Notting Hill was a blast! The market is unbelievable.

I will return to London soon and will stay at this hotel again. Cheaper than a good hotel in Vancouver and superb service.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Hyde Park International for your recent visit to London. We really appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International was able to meet your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Shaftesbury HydePark International.

Warm Regards
Duty Manager
Belfort
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We loved this hotel. Just enough off the beaten path to have quite nights and very close to three metro stops. It's located in a beautiful area of Notting Hill, there are a bunch of wonderful restaurants, pubs, and shopping and just a quick tube ride away to anything else that you would like. The front desk staff was welcoming and friendly. The hallways and rooms were a bit warm, but we cracked open our window and found the perfect temperature for us. The room we were in was small but cozy. But I think small rooms are just kind of a standard for London. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. We had a room with a wonderful view of the park across the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill for your recent visit to London. We really appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at the Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill was able to meet your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill.

Warm Regards
Duty Manager
Witney, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Fantastic location – less than 5 mins walking distance from the Oxford Tube bus stop, tube stations, right by Hyde Park and Kensington Palace plus the bonus of Notting Hill shops and restaurants.

The hotel staff are very friendly and eager to please. We looked a couple of rooms and chose one that was spacious with a great bathroom. However we were quite disturbed during the night as the room was right at the front in the basement. We could hear every cleaner go in and out of the storage cupboard, coming down the stairs by the street and smoking outside late in to the night and early in the morning. However, we chose this room as it was bigger than other rooms and also was available so we could check in a little earlier. So I guess this was the compromise that we made.

Overall it was ideal for our overnight stay in London as it is conveniently placed - swift to get in and out as well as close to transport links to get around the city.

Room Tip: We stayed in a bigger basement room with a large window to the front which meant we had noise disbur...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
i am very delighted that our hotel is your favorite in London and my team and I are determined to keep it this way.

I can assure you that your comments will not only motivate the team but also encourage them to maintain and improve on the service you have come to expect.

It is a pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards,

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was transferred to this hotel by the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. Same story I've seen a thousand time on here regarding 'maintenance issues' and rooms not being available. I think this chain has a total bait-and-switch approach to business, where they overbook and just put people where ever they have openings. In this case, I really drew the short straw, because the tiny basement room that they put me in was smelly, dirty, and full of bedbugs. I spent 3 days there, and came home having to throw away my luggage and disinfect everything I own. If you don't like itching and feeling like things are crawling all over you, don't stay here!

Room Tip: Rooms in the basement are infested with bedbugs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Firstly let me thank you for choosing to stay at the Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill. Furthermore, may I express my appreciation to the feedback that you have given to us regarding your stay.

We are surprised to hear about the bed bugs complaint. The presence of bed bugs is not something any hotel would be proud of; however, I am willing to acknowledge that such an occurrence is indeed possible. I can assure you that it is not a familiar issue at the Shaftesbury Premier London Notting Hill

We also maintain the hygiene and preventive measures in our premises and we also monitors mattress and bedding, headboards, picture frames and inspect upholstery furniture on a daily basis. I have gone through housekeeping checklist as well and could not found any incident reported over the past in that room.

On Receipt of your complaint I have sent investigator and bed bugs detection team. They examined room and all surrounding rooms and found no evidence of bed bugs in any of nearby room. I have also called our contracted Pest control agency to investigate the matter and they found no evidence of any insect or bugs, we had another guest stayed in and checked out with no complaints and even before also we never had history of any such incident. I appreciate your frustration based on experience, had we been notified about the issue during the stay we would have immediately moved the room and investigate and resolved the issue then and there itself.

We have a “Standard Bed Bugs operating procedures” in place and each of our staff has been professionally trained to identify and action a possible bed bug infestation immediately. It is our internal policy to check all the rooms in daily basis and we keep a log so that our clients can be sure of our hotel that takes their wellness in to concerns at all times.

Once again, please accept our sincerely apology for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

With Regards

Mandar Dhage.
Halesworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The rooms are small but very clean and comfortable. Staff were very helpful and accomodating. I chose this hotel because there was no wifi in the room - as it can give me a headache. I am planning to come to London again and will certainly book this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and the hotel was okay for just that. Not suitable for long stay, there was a bit of false advertising, we booked a queen size room and when I got to the hotel the staff told me there were only double rooms. The staff were friendly but I got a room on the bottom floor close to the outdoor air-conditioning unit and it was so noisy when trying to sleep. The location was fine, just one stop from central line.

Would stay again, only if guarenteed a room that's not on the bottom floor

Room Tip: Do not stay on the bottom floor, close to air-conditioning unit that's very noisy
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to London Premier Notting Hill? Share your experiences!