I think this has to be one of the better value hotels in London in my experience. The location is really good being 5 minutes walk from Old Street. I stayed 1 night in order to attend a function on Shoreditch High Street and found the hotel very well placed.
Check in was efficient and friendly and the staff were able to give effective directions. I was on the top floor and had a nice sized room. The room had everything needed for 1 night. When I reported that the television remote had no batteries the reception staff sent someone with a replacement within 5 minutes which was impressive.
The bed was exceptionally comfortable and I had a really good night's sleep. The room was very clean as was the bathroom and well kept. Towels were of a decent quality and there was sufficient hot water. I would agree with previous comments about the soundproofing. I don't think I heard a thing all night.
Breakfast was perfectly acceptable. I would echo comments about the lack of bacon which I think is an essential component of breakfast. That said there was an ample supply of cereal, croissants and tea and coffee, all of which were fine. It doesn't go down in my list of all time great breakfasts but it was acceptable. I noticed that the staff were very conscientious in refilling the baskets when they started to run low.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it. The location is great for Shoreditch or the city. The value for money is excellent as there are enough of the comforts you need and the service was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Express by Holiday Inn London City. Our hotel is ideally located on the doorstep of the City of London, with the financial districts of Broadgate & Bishopsgate just minutes away for our business guests. We have excellent transport links for the London Underground and Kings Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail terminus not to mention St Pancras International Station for the Eurostar. We sit on the gateway to Hoxton Square, Shoreditch & Brick Lane, whatever your reason for visiting London we are an ideal base for exploring this vibrant area of London. If culture & history mixed with London s coolest restaurants, bars & shopping is what you want then you have just discovered East is the new West! Fear not, for we are also ideally located for London s attractions such as Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Bank of England, Tate Modern, St Paul's Cathedral & South Bank to name but a few. We have just undergone a full refurbishment of our Lobby, Reception, Bar, Restaurant and Meeting Rooms to reflect the cool, contemporary urban location we reside in. We have 224 purpose built bedrooms, all of which are light and spacious with large desk space all rooms are en suite with refreshing power showers as well as a newly installed state of the art interactive television & in room movie system. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms & public areas are equipped with high speed wi-fi internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, LondonMarketing.com, BookIt.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London City Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London City
- Holiday Inn Express London City England