Stayed here for nights while working in London. The check in and check out procedure was very swift and efficient and the staff are very pleasant and attentive and I received a very professional and personal service. The location itself is very good with plenty of local shops and restaurants in the local area and the tube is only a couple of minutes’ walk from the hotel. The room itself was clean and well maintained although there were no nice “extras” in the room but I think that the express brand does not cater for these additional extras. Breakfast itself was OK and fairly basic but there was a fair choice of food available unfortunately the beans were always cold! But having seen the other reviews for the hotel the experience was not as bad I was expecting – but it is basic and the quality of the product is also basic.
Due to work I had to leave my luggage at the hotel and this was catered for at check out and I was able to pick up the luggage later that day rather than having to carry it around all day which was a big bonus.
Would I stay here again? Yes as the location was very good for me and I was fully prepared for the standard and facilities of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Express by Holiday Inn London City. Our hotel is ideally located on the doorstep of the City of London, with the financial districts of Broadgate & Bishopsgate just minutes away for our business guests. We have excellent transport links for the London Underground and Kings Cross & Liverpool Street National Rail terminus not to mention St Pancras International Station for the Eurostar. We sit on the gateway to Hoxton Square, Shoreditch & Brick Lane, whatever your reason for visiting London we are an ideal base for exploring this vibrant area of London. If culture & history mixed with London s coolest restaurants, bars & shopping is what you want then you have just discovered East is the new West! Fear not, for we are also ideally located for London s attractions such as Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Bank of England, Tate Modern, St Paul's Cathedral & South Bank to name but a few. We have just undergone a full refurbishment of our Lobby, Reception, Bar, Restaurant and Meeting Rooms to reflect the cool, contemporary urban location we reside in. We have 224 purpose built bedrooms, all of which are light and spacious with large desk space all rooms are en suite with refreshing power showers as well as a newly installed state of the art interactive television & in room movie system. All of our guestrooms, meeting rooms & public areas are equipped with high speed wi-fi internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, LondonMarketing.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London City Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London City
- Holiday Inn Express London City England