I stayed at the Colonnade with my fiance back in August, and have been meaning to write a review but haven't got round to it until now. I'll break my review into sections for ease, but in short, we thought the hotel was very nice and offered very good value, and we loved the location.
Check-in was friendly, quick, and efficient. My partner had emailed prior to our stay to let them know that we were celebrating a special occasion, and they emailed back saying that they were giving us a complimentary upgrade to the Club Room; and they honoured this and gave us a lovely room on the top floor. In my opinion it would definitely be worth paying the extra for the upgrade as we had much more space than the standard rooms, with a table and two armchairs, etc.
The room was clean and had everything we needed. They could probably update a few things inc the television and the safe (on the small side), but that's being nit-picky. The mini-bar was VERY expensive so we bough a bottle of sparkling wine at a local shop instead. Everything in the room worked as it should.
We found the bed to be very comfortable and I liked the linen; it was also plenty big enough (and we're used to a 6' wide bed at home).
There was plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. The bathroom was clean, albeit compact, and some toiletries were provided. Shower was decent; fairly powerful.
I really liked the decor; when we go abroad we typically go to more modern hotels, but we wanted something more romantic and traditional for this stay, and the Colonnade fit the bill perfectly.
Once again it was quick and pleasant, and the staff happily allowed us to leave our case with them as we were heading into Camden for the day and wanted to collect it later.
I've not been to Maida Vale before and I loved the area. There are some lovely pubs nearby (we visit a couple), and it's on the Bakerloo line and so within easy reach of the major tourist attractions in London.
I would recommend taking the boat down to London Zoo or Camden; lovely trip, and beats travelling by tube!
All in all, we had a lovely stay and would absolutely return.
- Also Known As:
- The Colonnade London Hotel London
- The Colonnade London Hotel
- The Colonnade Hotel London
- The Colonnade London England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the sweetest smelling flowers in the lobby to the temptingly plumped sofas in the lounge, it's the attention to detail that makes The Colonnade London distinctively different. For each of our guests, there's something that especially appeals. The prospect of stretching out in a bath of bubbles at the end of the day. For business facilities - wifi, dual phone lines. But one thing is for sure: at The Colonnade London we've got the mix just right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Colonnade London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.