I booked The Colonnade through laterooms. Location was pretty good -- when you come out of the front door of the hotel, you can see Warwick Station on the Bakerloo line across the way, so it is convenient to the tube. Picadilly is a bit of a hike, about 15 to 20 minutes, and across some busy streets. The hotel itself is a bit tired and in need of refurbishment, and the staff fairly indifferent. This, however, is inconsequential to what happened during our stay: our room was burglarized and we experienced significant loss of possessions (laptop, electronics). The room was not forced open and someone used a keycard to gain access. The police were called and a report filed, and the constable that attended mentioned that he had been to a similar incident at The Colonnade about 3 months prior. He also indicated that there had been other robberies at this property in the past. The response from management has been fairly tight-lipped and unhelpful although was still quite cheerful to collect our credit card for our two night's stay. Our loss was around $4000Cdn, and the data (photos, files) is of course irreplaceable and I just feel sick about it. When I inquired with the manager as to who had been in our room during the day (they can read the cards that have been swiped), he would not tell me, and also told me that these swipe cards are easily replicable and that non-employees can make cards to break into rooms. Since our room did not have a deadbolt on the door, this was very unsettling. I have stayed all over the world on business with my laptop and have never experienced a robbery such as this. I would absolutely not recommend staying at this hotel based on the robbery, the fact that the robbery was evidently an "inside job" and based on the very poor non-response from management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the sweetest smelling flowers in the lobby to the temptingly plumped sofas in the lounge, it's the attention to detail that makes The Colonnade London distinctively different. For each of our guests, there's something that especially appeals. The prospect of stretching out in a bath of bubbles at the end of the day. For business facilities - wifi, dual phone lines. But one thing is for sure: at The Colonnade London we've got the mix just right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, LondonMarketing.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Colonnade London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Colonnade London Hotel London
- The Colonnade Hotel London
- The Colonnade London England