We had two rooms here, a standard and a deluxe on the first floor.
I used to live close by and remember the Colonnade being converted in 1999 – internally it feels like that was the last time it had any attention.
You can see where they’ve been patching up with the filler and numerous paint drips on the furniture and carpet, but you can’t get around the fact there is no grout in the floor tiles, mould on the window sills, bath chrome taps are worn away from abrasive cleaning, the carpet smells etc, etc. The rooms just scream ‘refurb overdue by five years’.
Sure the outside has just been painted, but Little Venice leases demand that every six or so years, it’s a pity they did not do the inside at the same. If that’s planned all well and good, but they still took my money in condition it is currently in.
The general feeling of the communal parts were of a ‘station hotel’ with people coming in with take away meals etc, and staff were virtually unnoticeable. Breakfast were discounted as they seem to be having trouble selling them, and with Baker & Spice nearby I can see why. Wifi is also a charge for service unless you put up with ‘modem’ restricted speeds – come on its 2012, the local coffee shop gives it away as a loss leader!
The hotel website was appalling, presumably built around the same time, and I suppose that should have alerted me. This is certainly no Chic, Unique, Boutique hotel (as they claim) and I will not be coming back.
There are better options in central London at this price and I would urge you to seek them out. Pity, a refurb by a professional management team turning it into an all-suite hotel would make a killing.
- Also Known As:
- The Colonnade London Hotel
- The Colonnade London Hotel London
- The Colonnade Hotel London
- The Colonnade London England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the sweetest smelling flowers in the lobby to the temptingly plumped sofas in the lounge, it's the attention to detail that makes The Colonnade London distinctively different. For each of our guests, there's something that especially appeals. The prospect of stretching out in a bath of bubbles at the end of the day. For business facilities - wifi, dual phone lines. But one thing is for sure: at The Colonnade London we've got the mix just right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, Agoda, Venere, EasyToBook, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your The Colonnade London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.