“Great hotel in London, very British” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Colonnade London

Save Saved
You added The Colonnade London to your Saves list
The Colonnade London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Warrington Crescent, London W9 1ER, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Ranked #320 of 1,073 hotels in London
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in London, very British”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

One of the best hotels in London, ideally located opposite Maida Vale Tube station (Barkerloo Line) and just a short walk to Paddington. Very quite, leafy, and posh neighbourhood. Very traditional type of hotel, very British and lovely large rooms with high ceilings. Best hotel and good value to stay in the Paddington area; and have even already seen some TV celebrities there too.
Very good breakfast!

Room Tip: Choose the Club or superior rooms to get the full four poster bed experience.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMColonnade, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Mitch B,
Thank you very much indeed for staying with us, and for your review via TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of our product, service, and general area that we are in - close to Paddington and 12 min tube ride to Oxford Circus. You are certainly right to note that Little Venice, together with Maida Vale and StJohn's Wood are quite exquisite and delightful. I am told that a boat-ride via Regent's Canal or towards Camden Lock is lovely way to enjoy the area. I am keen to try this myself.
Indeed, we are popular with the media and production companies, both British and from over-seas (with confidentiality in mind - there is recording of an interview going on in our lounge as I write this!). Excitment of bright lights, cameras and microphones...

Thank you very much indeed for the time taken to write about The Colonnade. Should you have future needs for accommodation in this area, please contact me directly - I will be delighted to help.

On behalf of all of us here at The Colonnade, have a wonderful festive season and best wishes for 2013.

432 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We loved this place -- excellent, helpful staff and very comfortable room. It is only a block or so from the Underground and in a quiet neighborhood with shops and restaurants just a few blocks away. Although the hotel is very old, it has been updated with all the modern conveniences and nice furniture. For history buffs, Sigmund Freud stayed there for a while early in his relocation to London from Vienna.

Room Tip: We asked for a deluxe room to avoid getting one of the lower-level rooms that we understood were sub...
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear cpn46,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review via TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

On behalf of all of us here, have a great festive season and all the very best for 2013.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Colonnade is incredibly charming. I look forward each year to returning and going to the Prince Alfred Pub just next door, seeing Minnie the cat, and all of the little touches like personalized cards on arrival and classical music playing when you enter your room to compliment the ambience. I'm glad to see they are making some upgrades as there are a few things that need it aesthetically, but the decor, bed, rooms and overall quality is perfect for me. It's definitely a boutique hotel and doesn't come with frills like a fitness facility or anything, but it's perfect for relaxing and getting away from the hustle and bustle of business travel, and ideal for a couples getaway in London. The neighborhood of Little Venice is a gem and the colonnade is surrounded by three incredible restaurants. Very easy tube access - just across the street!

Room Tip: Go with a club room or higher
Dear j0rdie,

Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your experience via The TripAdvisor. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted to have you back as a returned visitor, and I hope that we will remain the hotel of choice for your future trips. Whenever you make your next travel plans back to London, please contact my Reservations Manager Yvonne or myself directly - we are happy to help.

Have a great festive season, and best wishes for 2013 on behalf of The Colonnade team,

Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this charming hotel on Thursday, 1st November, we have family who live nearby and this was a very convenient place to stop over! We were so impressed that we shall most definitely visit again, access is so easy from the Colonnade, the tube just across the road, a quiet leafy place to chill!! The team are obviously very happy in their environment, we didn't meet the Manager but credit to him for employing such a great bunch! Minnie the cat was also most welcoming, she most certainly deserves her title, 'Customer Services Manager', we came home quite late from dinner locally and she was there to welcome us!! Rm 32 was great, the lift not for the faint hearted but we loved it!!! Breakfast was freshly cooked, a big plus! Well done everyone, we shall be in touch soon!! Gaye and Bill

Room Tip: I agree with some of the other reviews, take care to be on a higher floor, pref away from street noi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gaye and Bill,

Thank you so very much for staying with us and for your kind comments. We are particularly proud to be the hotel of choice for our local residents and their friends and families who come to visit. We also host a great number of social gathering for our neighbours as well.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay, and we all hope to welcome you back soon. When you do, please feel free to contact my colleage Yvonne in reservations, or myself directly - we will be happy to assist.

Thank you again, and have a wonderful festive season.

On behalf of everyone at The Colonnade

Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our son was on a flying visit from Australia and was staying at The Colonnade, so we booked in too-just for one night and the staff could not have been more helpful. Parking is at a premium in Little Venice but the hotel Manager allowed us to park our car in their very small 'yard' for just £20. Our room (no 36) was beautiful. Very nicely furnished, spacious and comfortable. We were on the third floor and it was quiet and peaceful.
The Colonnade is not cheap but for a treat it's just lovely.

Room Tip: Can only vouch for room 36 which we stayed in and we have no complaints. Our son had room 35, which...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GMColonnade, General Manager at The Colonnade London, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear posy262,
Thank you for your feedback.
It was a pleasure to meet you both, and I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel. Should you have any future travel needs to this area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, I would be happy to assist.
Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to welcome you back soon.

With best regards,
Leicester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at The Colonnade in October 2012 for one night and we were hoping for a "tranquil" break as advertised on the hotel's website.

To ensure we had a good room we contacted the hotel a few days prior to our arrival and asked to be allocated in a quiet part of the hotel.

When we arrived we were shown to our room on the ground floor. However, we later found out that we were directly above the bar. Music was played loudly, so we asked reception how long it would go on for. We were told 11pm - this in fact turned out to be 12am.

My husband asked for another room but was told that there were no free rooms available.

The duty manager closed the door downstairs to try and remedy the problem but when the music is coming through the floor there is not much you can do about it.

Our room was at the front of the hotel so we were kept awake by police sirens, countless taxis pulling up outside the hotel (doors slamming) and people making their way back from the bar. There was an outdoor area of the bar..presumably for smokers, outside our window.

So not the best night's sleep I have ever had.

However, the hotel itself is very beautiful. The furnishings suit the hotel very well and it has a very "grand" feel.

The location of the hotel is second to none. Warwick Avenue tube station is just a few minutes walk, if that.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again BUT I would need to confirm that our room preferences had been looked into and that there was not a disco in the bar.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Louise832007,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review viaTripAdvisor. I am dissapointed that your stay was disturbed by the function In our restaurant. We have very few evening functions in our hotel and we usually manage to keep the party atmosphere away from our bedrooms. Clearly - we didnt succeed on this occasion and I appologise for that. Would you be so kind as to give me a call or drop me a line - I would be very keen to try and put this right for you in the future?
My details are 0207 2861052 or marioovsenjak@theetoncollection.co.uk.
Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

With best regards
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My stay was comfortable for the most part. I found the room too hot so had the window open as wide as it would go. Little Venice is a delightful part of London and is well worth spending time in. The hotel is very handy for this, but also the Number 6 bus and the Bakerloo Line. You can even walk into W1, down Edgware Road.
There are some niggles. The safe in my room wasn't working, the internal phone line was bad and my room had a slight smell of mildew. The bed was comfy, a bit too soft
actually. The main thing was the bathroom which needs refitting and new tiled floor. I'm glad I tried it, but i wouldn't visit again.

Dear Professor58_10,
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for shearing your experience via TripAdvisor. I am sorry that you couldnt get your room to cool down. I am unaware of any issues with the air-conditioning system which is under two years old. I will, however, ask my maintenance engineer to test all the rooms, and we will act accordingly. We already renovated two bathrooms in October and will carry on doing so for the remaing few which need refreshing.
I would welcome an opportunity to show our hotel to you in its best light. If you have any future travel plans into this area - I would be delighted if you would give The Colonnade another opportunity. Should you decide to do so - please contact me directly and I will handle your reservation personally.

With best regards,
Mario Ovsenjak - General Manager

Been to The Colonnade London? Share your experiences!