“Elegant but yet comfortable with staff exceeding expectations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 41

You added Hotel 41 to your Saves list
Hotel 41
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #1 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Middleburg, Florida
“Elegant but yet comfortable with staff exceeding expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

I had the opportunity to visit London last week for the 2nd time in 6 months. My choice of accommodations, once again was Hotel 41. Hands down Hotel 41 offers the BEST Hotel experience.

The Hotel itself is really quite lovely with a black and white motif. Very clean and crisp w/o feeling stuffy. Our room was a 2 story suite with a fireplace, a very cozy king bed, a huge tub with wonderful bath accessories, candles lit in the evening...very ROMANTIC.

The staff at Hotel 41 was outstanding on both occassions...always sensing our needs and taking care of us without hesistation or question. Example...Every evening @ 6 pm canapes are served. My husband and I would partake in a cocktail along with these delectibles prior to going out to dinner. One evening, I was running late and sent my husband for a glass of wine. Upon his return there was a knock at the door with a staff member delivering canapes. I asked my husband had he requested these and his responded NO. (Wow, what a thoughtful touch on the part of the staff!)

One morning I woke with what we thought was a mild case of stomach flu (okay, it was a little more than mild...). After sleeping most of the morning I got myself dressed and trudged through London. Keep in mind I had not eaten since the night before. Upon returning to our room I asked for a slice of bread, hoping to calm my stomach so I could perhaps eat dinner at some point. Within moments of my request a basket with an assortment of breads and fresh fruit was delivered to our room. (Nice)

Food... We had the Continental Breakfast every morning and Wow! Lots of fresh fruit, meats, cheeses, yogurt, assortment of juices, pasteries and a number of cereal options. Canapes were outstanding and I would hate to forget raiding the Butler's Pantry EVERY evening (yes it's included).

I know I am rambling on...but I feel it imperative to express my opinion of what an outstanding stay we had at Hotel 41. Between the beautiful accommodations, exceptional service and food there is NO other Hotel to stay at while visiting London. We did not want to go home!

Oops, Forgot to mention location...What a big plus! The Hotel is within a few minutes walking distance of Victoria Station, Theaters, St. James Park and you are staying down the street from the Queen! Great restaurants and fabulous Wine Bars are located nearby.

Hotel 41 is my personal FAVORITE Hotel in London. Would NOT even consider staying anywhere else. Yes, we will return!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

Discreet location, Tremendous staff, wonderfully appointed rooms (the best surprise - try the bath shower!) and a lounge that you want to make your home. It's all that and more which is why next time we'll stay for more than one night. The conceirge managed to acquire a pair of theatre tickets at short notice (best seats and value..and we mean the best) and recommended a restaurant that was just what we needed. The only disappointing aspect was the length of time we had in London at the 41, which we'll rectify in April! A memorable experience.

Newnan, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

The hotel is very nice and comfortable. The location is great, but the service is wonderful. Everyone was so gracious and helpful. It was first class without any of the stuffiness you sometimes find in nice hotels.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

41 is the best hotel I think I've ever stayed in. It's a boutique hotel on Buckingham Palace Rd. next to Rueben's Hotel, which I suspect is part of the Red Carnation chain although I can't say for certain. But every single thing about my stay was marvelous. I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel and been unable to complain about a thing. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom fully equipped, there was eveb a fireplace in the split level suite they assigned me. The breakfast spread was small but perfectly prepared and fresh. Perhaps the only jarring point was the firedoor opposite my bed, but only because it was a door without a visible lock on it. (Not that anyone could get in, but as a single female traveller, it gave me pause.) I'll definitely be going back.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel. On arrival we were warmly greeted and escorted to our room. We found the staff polite and very helpful throughout. Rooms are well proportioned and very tastefully decorated. Hotel deserves a good recommendation and we hope to stay there again this Easter. Nothing to fault. Perfect small hotel for visiting sights of London.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

Check in experience was exactly as another reviewer mentioned, odd.
Room was nice, good size, some excellent touches like hot water bottles, flowers etc.
However room 4105 has a hidden boiler and is very noisy at night beware!!!!!
Visted BBar first night, wish we had gone else where, the Ostrich was like shoe leather, took then so long to cook another that they were closing around us made us feel very unwelcome. On the final morning ate breakfast in the Exec Lounge, found out of datr food on the buffet after I had eaten them, wihtout much by way of an appology, not something that you expect at this level.
Probably suggest going elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this review, March 24, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post the review of your stay with us. I was delighted to read your appreciation of the small personal touches during your time with us. Our attention to detail, personal service and exceeding guests expectation is something that we pride ourselves on providing all of our guest who stay with us, and is a reason that so many guests do choose to return to 41 following their first experience with us.

I have personally looked at the external noise level in 4105 with my Chief Engineer and found an enhancement to a piece of equipment that would have disturbed you. With regards your dinner at bbar, I have spoken to the chef there and passed him your comments for him to share with his team. I believe that on the night you had fed back that your second steak was cooked beautifully and that you enjoyed the dessert that chef offered you by way of an apology for your initial dissatisfaction. I know that my Resident Manager spent time with you at breakfast apologising for this very uncharacteristic error on our part. The portion of cheese that had gone over its recommended consumption date was unacceptable and I have personally spoken to my Chef and re-iterated the need for attention to detail and consistency of standards. We pride ourselves on the consistent high standards of breakfast that we serve, taking time to individually source each product before it becomes a feature on our menus or buffet. I truly am sorry for this oversight and am disappointed that you left feeling that Andrew's apologies were not enough. I know that he had additionally tried calling you as agreed, to give you the result of his investigation, but his calls went to voicemail each time, in the end him having to leave you a message. Again I am sorry that you felt that this was not welcome.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to tell others of your experience at 41 and for highlighting some of the small touches that one would enjoy whilst staying with us.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

My boyfriend and I were quite surprised and disappointed upon our arrival. No hotel lobby to relax in while we waited for our room and the first room they showed us was claustrophobic. The entire welcoming process was so odd. They took us to the executive lounge where we checked in, but it felt very old gentleman's club-like, and enclosed. This hotel is not worth the price in my opinion, and I'm not sure how they qualify for that many stars. For the same or less you can stay at One Aldwych or the Soho Hotel which both have beautiful lobbies, a health club and Aldwych even has a pool. Somehow we made the unfortunate mistake of choosing 41. So many other nicer hotels in London.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this review, March 12, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent experience with us. At 41 we genuinely value every piece of feedback that we receive as it helps us with regards to continuity and consistency, and helps us find ways to improve for future guests.

I am sorry that the style of experience we provide at 41 did not meet with you and your boyfriend’s personal preferences and expectations. Being an intimate, boutique-style of hotel, we do not have the larger size lobby that many more traditional 5 star hotels tend to have. We have developed a very personal approach of welcoming guests upon arrival into our Lounge for a comfortable seated check-in and offering a glass of complimentary Champagne, following a journey to us, and this has always been very well received and regularly highlighted as one of the most valued touches to our guest experience. We recognise that 41 does provide an alternative to what many hotels offer and have found this to be one of the main reasons why so many guests stay with us and return time and time again, making it their personal hotel when in London. We have been told by guests that they love our private and unobtrusive style, which we feel has contributed to the many awards and recognitions that we have been privileged enough to have received, most recently polling number 23 in the Tripadvisors Travellers Choice Awards / Best Luxury Property for 2009.

Again, I am so sorry that your preferences in hotels meant that you did not enjoy your time with us, but once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Been to Hotel 41? Share your experiences!