“wow. amazing! its like home only better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 41

Save Saved
You added Hotel 41 to your Saves list
Hotel 41
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Get More From Your Stay
Ranked #1 of 1,073 hotels in London
Springtown, Pennsylvania, United States
“wow. amazing! its like home only better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

this is a tucked away small (28 room) luxury hotel located near buckingham palace. for me it was convenient to anywhere.

i flew overnight to london and got to the hotel at 8 am. my room was ready! they knew my name (and i hadn't stayed there before) they brought me fresh piping hot coffee, and then took me to where i could get (free) continental breakfast!

my room was a bit small...okay for me, but for two people it probably would've been too tight. great linens, great amenities, nice tv, decent view.

the beauty of this hotel is how well one is treated. at the end of the day i went to the executive lounge, which is the heart of the hotel. they made me drinks, brought me canapé, helped me get dinner reservations, and were so friendly i felt like i knew them for a long time.

upon departure, i said goodbye top new friends.

if the reader likes big person-less, machine type hotels, this will not be your thing. for me, as a constant traveller, getting a feel of home while I'm away is a big deal.

bravo to all of the first rate employees who really went out of their way to make me feel special!

Room Tip: i sense that the bigger the better, frankly. the opposite also seems true.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1,471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great hotel, great location, great service. There is a reason they are number 3 on the list, even though they should be higher. My wife and I only stayed for 4 days, but by the end of the stay they knew us by name and how we liked our tea. We had friends staying at the Waldorf Astoria, and they wanted to change to Hotel 41.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Hotel 41 is small hotel with only 30-some rooms and beside a board room (meeting room) and an executive lounge arrive this is all the facilities there are but they are used to the max.
Rooms are all equipment with all that could be expected of 5 star hotel - Furniture, fabrics and toiletries are all of highest quality. The bed is good.... all is good
What brings 41 to be one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had is the concept of the hotel and the personal attention of a very limited but always present staff
The center and core of the concept is the fantastic lounge where you mingle with staff and the limited number for other guests - The lounge offers various treats and snacks during the day. You can make yourself a drink and you can order food etc all while your are met with very friend and competent staff that knows your name and room number and are attentive and professional
Yes, the rooms are classically UK small and at this particular time there was some noisy construction work but it is all made up for by the concept and service of the staff
And did I mention that it is next door neighbour to Buckingham and in walking distance of almost anything you will need in London
Treat yourself to this experience !

Room Tip: Rooms a on the small sight - if you need space go for a suite
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My family recently stayed at "41" for several nights. It was fantastic. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. We especially enjoyed having tea in the lounge by the fire. It was a great location - close to the tube and centrally located. Beautiful furnishings and very comfortable. But it was the staff that really made our experience at 41 so great. They did a great job!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the 41 foe 3 days in early October. Super friendly staff. They are always there to help. Enjoy the delicious snacks they put out throughout the day. Great location...stones throw to Buckingham palace. Five minute walk to the tube.
This is a great hotel which added toast fantastic stay in London.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Amazing luxury boutique hotel!!! The service was great and the traditional decor was so comfortable. It felt like I was in someones traditional mansion rather than a hotel. The consierge made all my reservations and printed maps. The would hail my taxi and exchange my money. Great intimate ambiance.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
La Jolla, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I visited this fine hotel in spring 2011. We brought our 18 month old daughter along. My husband arranged for a car to pick us up at Heathrow and bring us to the hotel. It was a very smooth process and we felt comfortably immediately under the care of PJ. The service and staff are second to none. Everyone knew our daughters name and gave her special attention. We didn't have room to bring our stroller on an international flight, so they loaned us a pink umbrella stroller. The location is just around the corner from Buckingham Palace and within easy walking distance from the train station and the theaters. We enjoyed our stay so much. I want to go back every year.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel 41? Share your experiences!