“No way!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 41

Save Saved
You added Hotel 41 to your Saves list
Hotel 41
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Breakfast Inclusive
Ranked #1 of 1,073 hotels in London
Charlotte, North Carolina
“No way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

So...if this hotel does not meet your expectations...you need to stay home! Every detail is looked after and more. I think the rest of the reviews say it all. Best of the best :-) and make sure to let them do turndown service. Lots of nice surprises there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

1,476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

What to say? The best hotel in London and possibly the world. Boutique-heaven and lovely, charming staff. Can't wait to get back to this little gem. Note that they do seem to have one room with a slightly lower-than-expected ceiling. If you get that particular room, ask for a different one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel 41 in December of 2012. From the moment we walked in the door, we received the best service. The staff is small, but after a few days you feel like they're family. I knew all of their names by the time we left, and they always knew my name. I looked forward to unwinding in the beautiful Executive Lounge after long days of sightseeing. Anything we asked of them was delivered. My flat iron bit the dust in Paris, and I happened to mention it to them. They actually had one in the hotel I was able to use. The turn down service with rose petals and candles all over the room was such a treat to come home to on our first night. I cannot compliment the staff, service or hotel enough. I will say for those of you who have to run each day like my husband Hotel 41 does not have a gym on the property. However, they have an agreement with one just around the corner and it was very nice. My husband even took a run around St. James Park, and he said he wished he would have done that everyday. The hotel is also very close to the tube if you plan to use that mode of transportation. I can say we booked our hotels in Paris and London following the advice of Trip Advisor. This one is ranked number one for a reason! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We were met with a warm welcome at hotel 41, 2 glasses of champagne and nibbles whilst waiting for our room. We were upgraded to a king size room which was lovely with fire and fireplace, fully stocked mini bar, tv and tea and coffee making facilities. Bathroom had many little extras, large bath with overhead shower and separate shower aswell. Loved the complimentary choccies too! We'd definitely stay again we were made to feel so welcome and special!

• Stayed January 2013
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Hotel 41 once again delivered ourstanding service, superb accommodation and excellent food in the Executive Lounge for breakfast and for dinner in The Library of their sister hotel next door. Bedrooms and bathrooms are of a high quality and all staff most attentive and helpful. Look forward to our next visit.

Dijon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We fully enjoyed the "English club" aspect;service is excellent.The room was very well equipped,though a little small for the cost.
The shower door did not close properly and the shower system(with enormous water pressure) would certainly require being changed.
So excellent,but not perfect....

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as streets aroud the hotel are extremely busy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of 41 on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

It is wonderful to read that overall you enjoyed the atmosphere and service at 41. However, I was sorry to learn that the shower door in your bathroom did not close properly. We do have a programme of preventative maintenance to ensure such issues do not occur, and be assured that I have since instructed my Chief Engineer to fully service the shower doors in all rooms.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to 41 in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Malcolm Hendry
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I agree with a previous reviewer - rarely is something/somewhere as good as the first experience (a one night stay for my birthday) but Hotel 41 did not disappoint. My husband and I had originally booked a two night stay for his birthday but unfortunately had to cancel the first night due to the weather conditions. However we made it for the second night and like other returning guests were greeted like old friends by the staff. Somehow they manage to make you feel special without it feeling creepy. Everyone seems to be smiling at Hotel 41 from the staff to the other guests. It may not be the most luxurious hotel in London (and I have no personal frame of reference) but maybe that is part of its charm. It is luxurious enough but without making you feel out of your depth and uncomfortable in case you do or say the wrong thing. My husband is very hot on customer service and he can't fault the staff. Wonderful - we will be back hopefully in better weather and for longer next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel 41? Share your experiences!