“Just... AMAZING!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 41

You added Hotel 41 to your Saves list
Hotel 41
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #1 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Just... AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Maybe the best hotel i ever been!!!! I traveled here in the start of January for business with my company and i really loved this place!! Its a bit expensive for me but who cares... my company paid and i am glad i experienced the beauty and comfort of this hotel!! The rooms and the service are beyond any expectation!! Totally recommended to all!!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Waco, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel 41. The staff could be the best trained in terms of customer service I've seen in a long time. They secured all my site seeing visits with detailed printouts as well as handling all the phone calls and set up all my reservations. Never once did anyone appear impatient ... first class and above and beyond. Superb.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Whether its because of the personal attention of the staff, the very highest quality of furnishings, food and drink this truly is a wonderful hotel experience. Nothing is to much trouble for this top team and I would like to thank each and every one of them for making my wife's 50th birthday treat this weekend so memorable.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have just returned from another visit to Hotel 41. Often whenever you have a good expierience initially and you go back somewhere you have very special memories of, you can feel its not quite as good as you remember. We certainly did not have that feeling going back to Hotel 41. If anything our expectations were surpassed which was extremely difficult considering how good it was the first time. Many of your reviewers comment of the luxury and the attention to detail and 41 has all of those things but staying gives you so much more. We feel we are welcomed back as friends and not in an over the top way but in a genuine, we really care you have come back, way. Our words cannot do this hotel justice, absolutely first class in every way.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

If you are looking for an intimate home from home experience this hotel is at the top of my list. My wife and I both spent 3nights at this superb establishment within a week of each other this January and were unanimous in our delight.
Quite simply this small delightful 5 star residence sets out to provide a luxurious, and intimate environment and succeeds admirably having paid attention to every little detail. Wonderful liveried staff provided exacting service by anticipating my needs and rendering help in a thoughtful and totally unpretentious way. Welcomed on an a freezing January day with a glass of good French champagne in front of a fire in a comfortable finely appointed reception and lounge area, I was escorted to my room to be carefully given the details of the extensive electronic conveniences(which normally test my lack of tech savvy) from the automatic fireplace, the music, TV, DVD and aircon. Thoughtful little extras included a hot water bottle in the bed at turndown, perfumed lit candles in the bathroom to Huggie Bear on the bed to elicit the "ahhs" from the ladies. All staff addressed me by name and I felt a genuine concern for my comfort and not the oh so often experienced superficial pretence, to say the right thing.
There are many things I can say to praise the ability of this boutique hotel to get it right. They succeed brilliantly on every level. Looking forward to my return. Alexander Gilbert Cape Town South Africa

york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

A gorgeous little gem of a hotel - Service was absolutely impeccable and such a refreshing change for London. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. My husband and I were made to feel like royalty rather than paying guests. I won't go into detail about all the thoughtful little touches in the bedroom or plunder the pantry etc. as it has all been said before on trip advisor. It is however all completely true and the many 5 star reviews thoroughly deserved. If you are thinking of booking this hotel don't think about it just do it - you will not be left disappointed.

Room Tip: Perfect for a romantic get away.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

There are not enough stars in the Tripadvisor rating system to express the excellent customer service that I received at this hotel during a recent stay. I’ve stayed at many great hotels all over the world (Shangri-La, Raffles, The Four Seasons, Monasterio, etc.) but have never, ever experienced this level of care and customer service excellence.
Right after you book, the hotel sends you a questionnaire, in which you can request a special pillow from a very extensive menu (e.g., foam/feather, aromatherapy, triangular?, many others), book spa treatments, make restaurant reservations, and make other requests (e.g., a free yoga mat and DVD, an exercise bike brought to your room!). I asked for the yoga mat and DVD and for the bike, and both were waiting for me when I arrived. There was also a personal note from the manager and a platter of mini desserts, as well as olives/lemon/lime and ice. (The hotel apparently offers guests complimentary champagne on arrival, but I don’t drink, so I got tea and water.) The room itself, while not large, was very comfortable and the bathroom had all the amenities.
The turndown service included a hot water bottle placed in the bed!!! I’ve never had that done and I found it totally delightful. Somehow, it stayed warm through the night. I am always cold so this was such a great touch! The bed, the pillows, the linens, and the bathrobe (absorbent terry on the inside, smooth velour-type fabric on the outside) were of high quality. I planned to buy some linens for my house, but time got away from me and I had to catch a train. Next time!
The hotel itself is really cool. It’s a small boutique hotel in a great location (right next to the Buckingham Palace). I loved the décor and the bowls of red delicious apples everywhere (several hotels do that and I think it’s great – everyone loves fruit!). The executive lounge with the library and the fireplace is gorgeous. I spent one evening there sitting by the fireplace, with relaxing music playing in the background. They have this ‘plunder the pantry’ thing where from 8:30 pm to 1 am guests can help themselves to cold cuts, water, ice cream, and a variety of other foods. Other types of foods are available in the executive lounge before 8:30. Breakfast is also served in the executive lounge. There is an extensive selection of continental offerings (several varieties of fruit, granola, yogurt, breads, muesli pots, smoked fish and cheeses, etc.) I opted for a hot breakfast and had smoked haddock (or maybe halibut?) and soft boiled eggs. The eggs were cooked perfectly and were of excellent quality (the yolks were deep yellow!) and the fish was hot smoked (and served hot), a generous portion, and very tasty.
The most important distinguishing feature of this hotel, however, is the unbelievable team that runs it. Lauren, the resident manager, went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed. The team even cheerfully (and at no charge) delivered something for me to a colleague’s office nearby on short notice. They really made my stay and I am planning to return at the end of February for a week-end stay. This hotel absolutely deserves its high rankings. All hotels should aspire to this level of customer service. Thanks again to the team (Lauren, Remus, and others) for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel 41? Share your experiences!