“Tailor made 30th birthday treat - brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 41

You added Hotel 41 to your Saves list
Hotel 41
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #1 of 1,066 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Tailor made 30th birthday treat - brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I wanted to organise a treat for my boyfriends 30th in January and started planning in November. Hotel 41 were brilliant, especially Monika who helped me decide on what treats I wanted in the room especially the more demanding ones such as 'please find me a room with a TV near the bed' and 'i want these dvd's in the room, can you find them?'. Completely accommodating with no fuss. Offered lovely romantic treats that was still within my budget.

Dinner was excellent and we ate in the lounge - a lovely cosy lounge, wall to ceiling with books, dark wood and a fireplace. Honesty bar, complimentary sweets and ice cream...

GOrgeous cosy rooms, remote controlled fireplaces and excellent staff. Can't fault it at all.

If you're looing for opulence and grandeur, ornate decor and fancy pants stuff. This isnt for you. Its personal, cosy, quiet. Like your own personalised hotel.

Room Tip: As its an old building, the rooms are a little creaky. But specifiy want you want and they will acco...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've stayed here before and it's a delightful oasis of calm in a busy noisy city.
I continue to be impressed by the little touches - such as coming in to have a lovely warm lit fire on a freezing cold night and hot water bottles in the beds! I was staying with my mum and she was over the moon about that, plus the fact the slippers were in His & Hers bags, but because they knew it was myself and my mum they put in two Hers instead - it's just so thoughtful.

The staff as always are super-attentive and really pleasant, genuinely nice people and lovely to chat to. Lauren the Resident Manager had a lovely natter to us over breakfast and made sure we had absolutely everything we needed - we couldn't think of anything to make it a better stay.
Thanks to Lauren and everyone working there.

Room Tip: They are all lovely - similar black/white decor. Being in an old London building the room layouts a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Staying at the 41 Hotel is an amazing experience. From the moment the door was opened for we have been pampered in a trully fantastic way. The location, rooms and facilities are outstanding. If you ever want to experience what true hospitality is al about you should come over to the lovely hidden gem opposite Buckingham Palace

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Maputo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The words, professional come to mind as do comfortable, exclusive, well thought out, excellent breakfast, comfortable rooms that are well stocked of all those little things that make a trip just a little more special. Service was excellent with lots of people to customer ratio. I had breakfast there twice and some snacks both excellent quality with high service levels. The free ice cream was a nice touch even though it was cold outside we could not resist. We asked for Transport from airports as I was also on business and this was handled professionally as well. A great hotel to stay in London for business or pleasure. I have paid a lot more in other places and got much much less.

What did they get wrong, only one thing, after Check out I got charged for food that we could not have consumed. This was handled with speed even though it was year end and the amount was returned to my account within a day or two of me raising the issue. The same can't be said for other hotels who charge you after check out for things you did pay for or never used and then you spend months after them for a refund.

Overall a excellent hotel in London well recommended and I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed at Hotel 41 over the festive period. I would just like to say...this hotel is wonderful. The attention to detail is unbelievable. Before I had even finished my last sip of champagne, a fresh ice cold glass had been offered to me. I never had to lift a finger, anything you could possibly want was already there before you had even thought of it. I particularly liked the 'whatever whenever' button on the telephone which was an excellent touch.
The staff were fantastic and really took the time to get to know you. The girls in the lobby were extremely helpful. Amanda arranged our whole evening for us and booked us a table at Santinis which was delicious (would also recommend). The whole style of service and decor of the hotel was exactly what we were looking for and the staff made our weekend away unforgettable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will certainly stay here again on our next visit to London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Overall a pleasant 2 night stay but perhaps reading so many glowing reports left me a little disappointed.
No birthday cake for my husband as like so many other reviewers. No romantic turndown as stated on my third party reservation form.
The staff are a credit to the hotel. The setting perfect to explore central London but in this case trip advisor may have been their downfall.

• Stayed January 2013
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of 41 on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was most concerned to read of the issues you experienced during your stay. Here at 41, we pride ourselves on the standards of product and service we provide, which makes it all the more disappointing to read that we have let ourselves down on this occasion. I am very sorry that your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site, and the errors in the service you received were indeed unacceptable and highly unusual for us. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and my assurance that I have personally addressed every single point you raised with my Resident Manager and her team.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to 41 in person at some point in the future and to restore your faith in the hotel and us.

Yours sincerely,

Malcolm Hendry
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night for my partners 24th birthday.

words can not describe how much the staff do for you here, they made my partners birthday the best!

we was upgraded to a split level suite! lost for words! the room was lovely! after we arrived back from dinner we entered our room to find the lights dimmed with music playing rose petals up the stairs and a plate filled with chocolate covered strawberries with happy birthday written on it.

In this hotel nothing is a problem the staff will do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible, you feel so at home here!

the plunder the pantry is a lovely idea your free to get yourself a late snack or pot of ice cream, another example of how at home they make you feel here!

will definitely be back for future birthdays or anniversaries! absolutely amazing!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel 41? Share your experiences!