“Best Hotel Experience Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 41

You added Hotel 41 to your Saves list
Hotel 41
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS, England (Westminster)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #1 of 1,055 Hotels in London
Los Angeles, California
“Best Hotel Experience Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Hotel 41 in late September 2012. We traveled from LA to London to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary and booked three nights. The class of service is unlike any other experience I've ever had at a hotel. There are only a few dozen rooms in the hotel, which allows the front desk staff to treat each guest as if they were the only guest there. The staff were friendly, helpful, and would work extremely hard to satisfy whatever need or request my wife and I might have. We felt like we were leaving friends we had spent time vacationing with when it was time to check out. It's located in central London, adjacent to the grounds of Buckingham Palace, a short walk to the Victoria tube station, and walking distance to Parliament, Big Ben, and Westminster Abbey. This is the best keep secret in London, but probably not for long.

Room Tip: Some rooms have an interior only view, be sure and ask for view that faces the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I stay here in late October and early November for a week on the recommendation of our trusted travel agent. We loved the hotel. The location was very convenient yet out of much of the London hub bub. It is very small with all the rooms located on the 5th floor. A very attentive staff always tried to go the extra mile for any requests and always remembered our names and asked after our day. Our package included breakfast in the comfy library/reception area. It was always delicious. Food was available in a small area off to the side most times of the day and night as well as a well stocked honor bar. Our room was extremely well laid out and comfortable, but had no view at all. The bathroom was long and thin with an excellent soaking tub and a stall shower that must have been an architects nightmare to design as it was VERY small, though still quite serviceable. Movies are available from their well stocked video/DVD library though our TV was not compatible with the in room DVD player. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have been staying at 41 for a number of years on business and vacation. I have found the location excellent with easy access to London being right across from Buckingham Palace and just around the corner to Paddington station. The staff here is excellent and always available to assist with resturant recommendations, reservations and I have found that in between meetings I can work in the 41 lounge, they always remember my name even when it is a few months between my visits. If you are looking for a unique 5 star experience with excellent service in a great location Hotel 41 is an excellent choice. You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

What else can I say, I have never stayed in such a top class hotel that had such a comfortable atmosphere. The staff are the best staff I have ever had the good fortune to meet, they always remembered our names and were truly interested in what we had been doing on our days out and about. We stayed in The Monarch suite and it was nice that it had a seperate living room so I could get up early watch tv and make a cup of tea without disturbing my husband. There is no resturant but they do have a plunder the pantry were they provide snacks ect that are complimentary. I think they change the food 3 times a day, so it was nice to come in from a shopping trip and have scones with jam and cream. There was always what I would consider a good selection, crisps, cold meats fresh fruit, ice cream and more.I could go on forever it was great

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Spent 7 nights here in October '12--small hotel several blocks from Buckingham Palace. All rooms on the 5th floor--no voew but nice rooms. The best thing is the staff-absolutely fantastic. They have large "lounge" tha is decorated like a British men's club--breakfast is served there daily with superb service and cooked to order eggs ets. In the evening (after 8:30) they put out a large buffet of "snacks"--much food. There is a person on duty in the lounge 24/7 for making reservations, answering questions etc. Will stay again should we decide to go bak to London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have never been one to stay in small, intimate hotels nor relatively obscure branded properties. But, I learned how wrong and misguided I've been during a most special trip to London.

This I the best place, with the most amazing staff, I have ever stayed. There is no close second.

To have a large, modern equipped room in a small, intimate hotel in London is quite atypical. To discover such space accompanied by impeccable service from extraordinarily talented, accommodating and beautiful staff, however, makes it even more special and unique. Hotel 41, with service, quality and comfortable accommodations that surpass expectations, has been so much more than expected that I felt I had to write about it.

Need theater tickets? They'll print them. Need "tube" directions? Expect a map as you leave the front door, without asking. Need to confirm a dining reservation at a local establishment? Merely mention the restaurant's name. Afternoon tea? As beautiful and intimate an affair in a spectacular and private setting as any at the larger hotels. Breakfast? You'll leave full and content.

If you want grand luxury in a casual setting where everyone smiles, keeps matters private and discreet and knows your name, Hotel 41's the place. Part of a small, privately-owned chain I had previously never heard of - Red Carnations Hotel - I may never ever stay anywhere else. This particular hotel is the hotel of the future today.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I am currently lying on my bed in my room here in Hotel 41 and had to write a review. This place is fabulous. Arriving yesterday after a very long week of traveling throughout Europe, I was greeted by a smile and a glass of champagne, then shown to my room which is sizable by European standards and immaculately furnished. The service here could not be any better. Everyone is so nice, whether it be for breakfast, lunch, room service, helping me mail something to relatives elsewhere in England, or providing assistance with a business meeting. This is a very small hotel with only 20 rooms, I believe, so all the staff seem to know me by name even though i haven't seen or talked to all of them previously. The hotel is ideally located, and has a very discrete entrance. After being greeted at the door, one takes the elevator to the 5th floor where the rooms are located, along with the executive lounge where all meals are available, as well as champagne and snacks throughout the day. The honesty bar is a nice touch too - a full bar where up you help yourself and then just jut down your room number and what you took. I will definitely look to come here again. Wonderful experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel 41? Share your experiences!