“An Hotel yes! But with all the comforts of an English Country Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 41

Save Saved
You added Hotel 41 to your Saves list
Hotel 41
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Breakfast Inclusive
Ranked #1 of 1,073 hotels in London
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“An Hotel yes! But with all the comforts of an English Country Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

From first contact, through booking, to arrival, attention to detail was exceptional, even to describing where to pull up the car, "we'll unload sir and park the car for you, congestion charge paid sir?" (I had done something!). Arrived slightly early, "please take a seat sir, madam - champagne?" Very pleasant!

We were courteously shown to our room, the door opened, my wife immediately burst into tears for I had requested the "Romantically" package, (see it to believe it.)

A quick change prior to the concierge booked car arriving exact to time, concert and return to a beautifully appointed Lounge offering complimentary self service buffet with a "honesty tab" for drinks plus staff on hand offering assistance.

We've all stayed in Hotels where the room phone has 101 extension numbers and you eventually find reception or room service, well at 41 next to one button it reads "whatever whenever" how easy is that.

Well off for breakfast, what shall I have today?

Finally a big thank you to all the excellent friendly and polite staff, No! Staff is not the right word - Hotel Team, yes a big thank you to all the Hotel Team - excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed in an Exec Double an never heard a soul, Romantically package (as they list it) well worth...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,496 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Wow, what a wonderful hotel. Great location, fabulous design and flawless execution.

Location - turn right out of the front door and you are at the gates of Buckingham Palace within 3 minutes. Turn left, across 2 blocks into Victoria St and you have an 8 minute walk to Westminster.

Design - enter the narrow foyer, head for the lift and ascend to Level 5. The hotel takes up the entire top floor with the suites centred around the wonderfully warm and welcoming guest lounge. The top floor location allows for natural light to make its way into the lounge and guest suites via skylights. The black and white decor, against a backdrop of rich, red timbers and antique furnishings, works wonderfully - classy without being over the top.

Execution - 41's stated philosophy is "no request too big, no detail to small" and this mindset permeated our every experience. The service if attentive, timely and flawless without being intrusive. Every day sees another surprise and delight - a birthday celebration sees our suite littered with rose petals, the next night a bottle of sleep fragrance is on the bed. The beds are huge, supremely comfortable and the very long list of pillow options on the "menu" makes it impossible not to find your own definition of comfort.

We will be back!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This without a doubt is the best City Hotel Ive ever stayed in. It was just perfect nothing was too much trouble. The lounge / bar area is just like being at home just help yourself too food and a drink in the evening and just relax. And to top it all the location is perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Since my first review of the 41 in July 2010, I've had the pleasure of staying at the 41 two more times. I didn't think it was possible to improve on such a great hotel, but I found this stay to be even better than the last two.

The staff were, as always, quite attentive and delivered the highest quality service. What changed this time was the fare in the "pantry"; it was more much more varied. There was a wider selection of cheeses, meats, breads, fruit, ice cream, and other interesting nibbles—all as part of the 41's "plunder the pantry" feature where guests can help themselves to a hearty snack each evening at no additional charge.

For additional details, see my review from July, 2010.

Room Tip: Book an Executive King.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Booking a hotel is not always just a simple booking. This particular booking was to be the highlight of a surprise birthday celebration for my special person <3

The best way I can think of conveying our experience at Hotel 41 is to draw a parallel to Alice in wonderland. At Hotel 41, a mere 2 minute walk from Victoria station and not to mention Buckingham Palace, you are transported away from the busy streets of London into your very own Wonderland.

We had an early flight to London and as we arrived at the hotel at around 10:00, we simply planned to check-in, leave our luggage and relax in the lounge before heading out to lunch. We were not expecting the complimentary champagne, not to mention the fact that they were able to have our room ready as we took our last sip (Checking was at 14:00!). The room was beautifully decorated, a perfect backdrop to the surprise birthday present, which had been delivered to the hotel days before our stay.

Other highlights:
Relaxing in the lounge.
Enjoying delicious breakfast; we had the eggs benedict and omelet.
Romantic turndown <3
The friendly and accommodating staff.

I had great expectations when booking our stay at Hotel 41, and they delivered a lifetime memory that we both will cherish.

We will for sure return to our London Wonderland, Hotel 41, on a future special occasion.
Can't wait!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Recently stayed for 4 nights at the Hotel 41 and was provided with not 5 star but 6+ star service. Having stayed at Four Seasons and Ritz Carltons I will say the service here is 2nd to none! The lounge air with butler service/quick drinks, professional conierge were outstanding. Only reason why I did not rate as 5 stars are the rooms are rather small and lack a view (at this price level a view should be part of package/realize the hotel is limited to location so just my 2 cents on subject). This hotel actually occupies the top floor of the Rubens next door (check prices there as well as it was beautiful hotel with afternoon tea) and has a seperate entrance. Taxi driver was confused, if coming in from airport the Rubens is actually a well known landmark and you should direct the driver there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of 41 on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were so impressed with the service you received from my whole team. Due to the historical age of the building, we do have a variety of rooms in different shapes and sizes, and I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with the size of the room you were allocated and that you were disappointed not to have a view. I would be more than happy to show alternative rooms and find the perfect room to suit your needs. Please let me know on your next stay if this is possible.

With regards to our location, it is true that 41 occupies part of the same building as The Rubens at the Palace Hotel, as with some other properties too. We are very proud of our links with The Rubens but equally proud of our individuality as a stand alone 5 Red Star Boutique Hotel. The Rubens is a more traditional 4 Star Deluxe English Hotel, and both hotels are part of a larger complex that runs the length of Buckingham Palace Road alongside Buckingham Palace.

Once again, many thanks for your review, and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to 41 in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Malcolm Hendry
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I'm reluctant to add to the accolades offered to this hotel as it means it will probably be booked out next time I go to London. However, the hard working and accommodating staff deserve recognition.
I travelled with my teenage daughter who has experienced many 5 star hotels (Sofitels, Hyatts, Orient express group and Hiltons) on family holidays but after our champagne check in and exceptional service right from the front door, on entering the room she looked at me wide eyed and said "can we afford this?". I have to admit I was wondering the same, thinking that perhaps I had mistaken the rate! I quickly got onto the free wi fi to check. This has to be the best value hotel in London. (On our previous trip together I had paid the same rate at The Russell only to experience appalling service and dirty rooms.)
Our room was a very good size especially by London standards. When we arrived we had a King bed, we asked if it would be possible to split the beds to twins when the room was made up the next day. Within 2 minutes someone from housekeeping arrived to alter them.
Finally there was a mix up with the booking which was my error but was fixed very satisfactorily by the manager with no fuss at all.
Perhaps this hotel steals staff from Buckingham palace which is just across the road they certainly treated us like royalty!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel 41? Share your experiences!