“Personal and enjoyable. Well done!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 41

You added Hotel 41 to your Saves list
Hotel 41
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #1 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Personal and enjoyable. Well done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The 41 Hotel is a great experience. From the reservation process to the check-out procedure we felt very taken care of at all times. I traveled with my two children (7, 10) and my girlfriend.

Check-in which is usually something to forget about was nothing but a pleasure. Hot chocolate was produced in minutes as a welcome drink for the girls. The lobby/lounge is tasteful and very relaxing. A bonus was to be able to spend an hour or two in front of the fireplace in the lounge which that has the resemblance of an old “library”.
My children loved that they could “plunder” the pantry and get ice cream and fruits and dad loved that it is all complimentary. In the evening there is a selection of cold cuts and cheeses to choose from.

The staff´s just great. Friendly but professional, relaxed and efficient at the same time. They saw to any need of ours.

The only downside for me is that the 41 is an expensive hotel. I cannot stay here every time I travel to London as I would like to. Still – it was true value for us. This is a great property and I´ll place it very high high upon my list.

Best of all – the 41 is small and personal. Not like many of the more established hotels in London.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Balmoral. Separate room for the kids. Really nice and tasteful room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is well located and the staff are very friendly and helpful although sometimes verging on too attentive! The rooms are lovely and comfortable and the first night we returned to find candles in the room and Rose petals on the floor, very romantic. The rooms are small though. The breakfast was very good, eggs Benedict excellent, although service a little slow the second day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MalcolmHendry, General Manager at Hotel 41, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of 41 on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found your room to be very comfortable. Thank you also for your comment on our breakfast offering. I certainly believe that every day should start with a magnificent breakfast, and we do receive many positive comments from our guests regarding the variety of choice offered on our buffet. From Continental breakfast options, such as cheeses, yoghurts, fruit, cereals and pastries, to a full cooked breakfast, everything is freshly prepared and of the highest quality. I was thrilled to know that you particularly enjoyed our eggs Benedict.

It is also fabulous to read that you found my team to be so helpful and friendly. I am indeed fortunate to be working with such fantastic individuals and have passed your praise on to my whole team, who were equally delighted to hear it. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, which serves as a great motivator to my team and shows them that their passion and efforts to provide exceptional service are appreciated by those who receive it.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to 41 in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Malcolm Hendry
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel offers good value for money, nice old world charm that has been kept up to date the rooms are great very clean and the staff are super friendly, i would recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting London I hope they maintain standard, they even booked our theater tickets

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

A superb hotel with great location. The service is super good, the staff is excellent and it feels very "friendly". The staff fixed everything for us, like reservations at restaurans were it's extremly hard to get reservations etc..

I can really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Me and my wife stayed at Hotel 41 for one night on October 27th for our anniversary. Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff and given a glass of Champagne each while we checked in. The Hotel and rooms are amazing. The flowers i had ordered before arriving were in the room along with the note i had asked for. The whole room is of a very high standard and attention has been paid to all the small details. With things like toothbrushes, sewing kits, shoe polish etc. For the evening i had requested a romantic turndown for when we returned from our night out and again it exceeded expectations. We arrived in the room to rose petals scattered throughout the room and in a heart shape on the bed, with Stawberrys covered in chocolate, romantic music playing, Candles, a single red rose and to top it off a cake with the word congratulations on it. It is ore than you would ever expect. There is no doubt where we will be staying when we next go to London. Perfection!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 4111 which was a corner room on the 5th floor
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having stayed in countless hotels across Europe and US, this hotel stands out from the usual. The customer service was excellent and combination of location, room, cleanliness and food standard was exceptional. This hotel had figured out a business model that works and as long as they can maintain the standards they can expect repeat business. I'll certainly be back. Congratulations to management and staff on a world class hotel experience.

• Stayed October 2012
Keighley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was a little worrying when our taxi driver from Kings Cross did not know the name of the hotel and at one point on Buckingham Palace road he asked another taxi driver. Eventually he found "41" along side the Rubens Hotel and advised me ask for that hotel on future visits. He did not charge me for the extra mileage in his search but I overdid the tip to compensate for his honesty and his fuel.
My wife and I were met at the understated door (by London standards) by the doorman and cases put to one side. We were escorted into the lift and taken to the 5th floor where the hotel 41 is located. Checking in was swift whilst luggage was taken to the room. Champagne offered was a pleasant touch whilst the general information was expalned to us.
Our room was clean,comfortably furnished with every possible facility available. The bed was a dream to sleep in and the room was at the rear so we had no traffic or service noises. If I had to find criticism there was too much furniture in the small room and I found the TV/Internet system fiddly to use.
All the staff we came in contact with from the reception through to the cleaning staff were all very friendly and keen to ask if we had everything we needed for our stay. It was pleasant to have a champagne offered from the selection on ice when we returned in the late afternoon.
"The Pantry" was a self service facility I had not come across before and was always stocked with fresh food goodies to indulge in along side the honesty bar. We did not use this bar ourselves because the staff were quick off the mark to offer their services.
All our visitor locations and rendezvous had been pre booked otherwise the reception staff would have done the work for us. They did organise taxis for us and these were waiting for us by the time we were at the entrance door. Very efficient.
Breakfast was kindly offered to us free of charge since it was our first stay at the "41". There was a wide selection of fresh food on offer for the size of the pantry area.
Restaurant facilities were available in the adjacent Rubens hotel. The bar area in this hotel had the feel of a pub but we shown down to the restaurant where the food was good and the staff very pleasant.
The nearest tube station is Victoria which is undergoing major rebuilding and renovation at the moment. There was lots of scaffolding, equipment, construction staff and screens to contend with but this is not a hotel problem.
Ambience of the hotel "executive" lounge where we took breakfast, had drinks or just read the newspapers was that of a private club. When we next visit London we shall check availability at "41" first in the hope we can experience the comfort again. Altogether a superior experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel 41? Share your experiences!