“Simply Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 41

You added Hotel 41 to your Saves list
Hotel 41
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #1 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Melbourne, Australia
“Simply Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

The world is a much better place for having Hotel 41 in it. I wish for everyone that they had a chance to experience it. It really is a treasure. Hotel 41 in London is a  real gem so if you get a chance, spoil yourself and experience Hotel 41.

This hotel is everything other reviewers have said in their reviews that convinced me to book it for my time in London.  I wondered if my expectations might be too high due to such rave reviews, but I was not disappointed (and I can be picky).  It's very professional but homely at the same time. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, any of the staff at any time....they are all equally helpful and lovely.

My son and I shared an 'executive room' with twin beds', room 4106. I understand all the rooms are all unique in some way. The bedding is very comfortable, I slept better at Hotel 41 than in my own bed...and I thought my bed at home was perfect!  The pillow menu was fabulous and a rather special touch. The room has a gas fire place which is perfect, especially since I was there when it snowed in early Feb 2012.

There is a  Mini bar, a room safe, a nice little wardrobe with a shoe/boot polishing service too...you just put your shoes or boots in the lovely wooden box and they come back polished. I had a wonderful day day in the snow, you should have seen Hyde Park blanketed in white....perfect.   I did so in my new italian leather boots and came back with them a little grubby. I pressed  the  "whatever/whenever"  button on my hotel phone and they collected them right away...that was 6pm and I had them back as good as new at 8pm!

Room service is 24x7 prompt and very helpful. The spinach and parsnip soup was divine! The bathroom had two showers, one over a long and wonderfully deep bath. Water pressure is good, sink is good, towels are luxurious. You even get a round lit magnifying mirror which ladies will appreciate. Everything has been thought of at Hotel 41. You get slippers and dressing gowns...yes, more than one....a thick one and a thin one. There is DND sign to hang on the door and also a button to press by your bed if you prefer that. Also the same for "pls service my room".

The 'pantry' is lovely, especially in the evening....something different every night. During the day there is fresh fruit and chocolate, dried fruit, bread, bits and pieces to help yourself to. At night...well one night there was amazing cheeses, delicious biltong, bread and the best prosciutto I have ever tasted, another time there was smoked salmon, cream cheese, bread, crackers, salad.....The  bar was very good, it's an honesty bar...though it didn't have a port or muscat.  Michael and Boris at the pantry were such delightful young men, both will go far in their chosen industry.  Michael one night was run off his feet and just delighted all of us....so much potential.  Michael also happened to make a seriously good Irish Hot chocolate. Magda was amazing, Julida and Freddy were really great, and also Julien and Jasmeet at Concierge. They all made us feel comfortable and provided excellent service at all times.

I met other travelers in the lounge area which was nice, one night there was me from Australia, a gentlemen from Washington and a lady from Belfast. You can talk to others or just read a book, browse the Internet, research your London guide book, chat to the staff about suggestions on your itinerary, or just sip a  cognac by the fire and ponder upon life....whatever you like.

I was also very impressed that the hotel is also pet friendly. We saw one well behaved cute little furry guest with a little jumper on during our stay.

Everything about Hotel 41 had a nice touch to it. They have a cookbook written with by the owner or head of the Carnation Group and it's a fabulous book...you can buy one, and/or the most cutest teddy ever and all proceeds go to the Starlight Foundation.

Hotel 41 has found a magical way to be. It can't be as easy as they make it seem. But it works and as others have said, Hotel 41 is hard to leave. Even my adult son who is pretty much non-plussed about most things, did not want to leave.

Thank you to everyone at Hotel 41 for making our stay so enjoyable and one we will never forget.

Room Tip: The only thing I missed in the executive room was a chest of drawers. I hung my tops, jackets and dr...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed at Hotel 41 in late January 2012 on the recommendation of my travel agent. The staff were incredibly helpful (getting direction, hailing cabs, storing luggage,etc.), the room was very comfortable (comfy bed and the bathroom had a shower and a tub in it). The executive lounge offers an elegant and quiet spot to relax at the end of the day, grab a snack, read a bit and have a drink. Room service was also very good. The location is superb, right next to Buckingham Palace and a 10-minute walk to Westminister Abbey. Close to Mayfair with great shopping and, if you're in the business, lots of hedge fund offices. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

41 Hotel at Buckingham Palace Road, London is just superb. This is how a 5 star hotel should behave. Warm and sincere welcome and service is second to none. Private hotel but it feels like coming home. Rooms fully equipped, even with Continental European sockets!
Ever heard a 5 star hotel offering you instantly a coffee or tea with your wake up call??
It's like you have your own butler. Breakfast delicious and again with top service and smile (!).
Although on a very busy business trip in London, I never felt more refreshed the following morning. Highly recommended! Great to learn that Superb service and luxury really still exists!

Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Situated just behind Buckingham Palace this compact bespoke hotel cannot be beaten. The staff are friendly and helpful. Nothing is to much trouble. Your receive a wonderful welcome from you arrive until you leave. I recommend it to anyone staying in London as you will NEVER be disappointed.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

We had asked before arriving at Hotel 41 if we could have a early check-in. Our room was ready by 11am which was great. The staff were very welcoming as soon as we stepped into the hotel. We were shown around the 'Executive Suite' and told that Breakfast, Snacks,and 'Plunder The Pantry' was served there at no extra cost ( except for drinks ). Every member of staff were very efficient, smiling, nothing was too much trouble for them especially the resident manager.
Our room was very clean and fresh. Very comfortable bed and pillows, even a pillow menus was available. The bathroom was spotless, I enjoyed taking a bath while watching the TV on the wall in the bathroom!
If we are lucky enough to stay in London again, my first choice of hotel would be Hotel 41 as this was an outstanding Hotel.

Room Tip: If you have the money, I would think the Suits are amazing although the Standard doubles are very co...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Newport Pagnell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Outstanding hotel. the Trip Advisor rating for theis Hotel is SPOT ON

The experience from beginning to end was amazing (even though we incorrectly arrived at the Rubens next door, we were immediately ushered through the "secret door" to 41, making you feel like very important guests!)
. Monika and her team seem to have it running perfectly and make you feel like they really do appreciate your business. As our waitress said in the lounge “you’ll never go hungry in this hotel”. The complimentary side is fantastic, service spot on and on time with breakfast in our room which was very tasty.

I hope to be back here on a very regular basis. We have always rated the Red Carnation Group of hotels and previously favoured the Chesterfield in the West End BUT we will now go to the W1 when in town or if full back to the Chesterfield which is still also fantastic, just on a bigger less personal scale.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed here for several days while on business in London. The hotel is immaculate and the staff are extremely helpful and courteous. The atmosphere was genuine and not stuffy. The day I was leaving, London was dealing with a major snowstorm to them and the airport was canceling flights etc. I was on my way to Paris on the Eurostar and they spent time calling to verify the trains were going to run and even called a cab to come and pick me up. They also offered to allow me to stay and would even take care of getting new tickets for the Eurostar for the next day if needed. I love the place. The food was excellent , the staff were all excellent. They really do go out of their way to make you feel at home. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking to be pampered..

Room Tip: I suspect all of the rooms are great
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel 41? Share your experiences!