“Absolutely perfect experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 41

You added Hotel 41 to your Saves list
Hotel 41
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS, England (Westminster)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #1 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Absolutely perfect experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

My husband has to travel periodically to London for conferences, and I was looking online for an upscale hotel within walking distance of the venue, which changes every time. Although the visit was primarily for that reason, we always combine it with pleasure. We'd never heard of Hotel 41 but it sounded and looked like our type of place....and it definitely was! More like a private club than a hotel, 5 floors above the street, quiet, sophisticated, centrally located, and with a lovely and attentive staff. We couldn't find a fault this time, and it will definitely be our place to stay in the future. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I really wanted to give this hotel 5 stars. They deserve 6 stars for customer service and trying to resolve any issues that come up. The hotel itself is charming. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. As I said, Service is impeccable and there's nothing they won't do for you. At checkin, you are offered Tea, Coffee or Champagne. Nice touch indeed.

My only issue is that I am a light sleeper and specifically requested a quiet room. The room I was given was below the dining room and in those old London buildings, it was very noisy as people walked around in the middle of the night and in the morning setting up breakfast. So little sleep the first night, they graciously said they'd move me to a quiet internally facing room when I got home from work that night. I packed up and left everything for them to move. Got home at 11 pm and the room they had chosen for me was facing the busy outside street and wasn't what they had promised. The only other room was a handycapped room which was small and such a downgrade from what I had before. I wasn't told it was this type of room until I had moved all my things. Then decided to go back to the original room facing the street traffic. This whole thing took about 1/2 hour. About 10 mins later, I get a knock on the door and am offered a quiet room - in fact a suite. This room was lovely and extremely quiet. So it worked out in the end, but the process was not great especially as my only request was a quiet room and if the suite was available, I should have been moved there first.

In any case, I will go back. It's a lovely hotel and the location is very central. Having the park close by is paradise for those who enjoy nature or just want to run in the mornings

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We arranged our travel to London, Paris and Dublin through European Destinations on line. It was our first experience in using them and we were a little anxious, but their arrangments were top notch and everything - flights, hotels, and tours went exactly according to plans. Hotel 41 in London was the highlight of our trip. We stayed there five nights and I highly recommend this boutique hotel to anyone traveling to London. The service and accomodations were top notch and the staff made us feel right at home. They arranged another tour and travel to and from the airport for us. The food was delicious! We plan to stay there again when we return next year.

Room Tip: Rooms are very quiet but some are smaller than what we have been used to. Suggest asking about room...
somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

My Partner won a trip to London to see a show and as part of the prize we had a night at the fab hotel 41. I have been to many hotels around the world as i have been very lucky to travel with my job. However the 41 hotel has to be one of, if not the very best hotel i have had the privalige to stay in. It has to be on a par with the hotels you will find in Dubai.
The accommodation is brilliant, but this is not the reason for my praise. The staff make this hotel truely 5 star plus. need to get saving!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

So impressed with the elegance and charm of this tiny boutique hotel. We had a nice breakfast and were shown to our beautiful room. A bit small- but spotless with lovely decor. The hotel is situated across from Buckingham Palace; probably not the best location for shopping or restaurants, so be prepared to do some walking. Every day, on our return we were greeted with a perfectly made bed with a treat on the pillow. The linens and towels are the best- all white Frette. The price of drinks and food at the hotel are very high- be prepared to spend the equivalent of $18 or so on a drink, and $40 per breakfast; although breakfast was included in our room rate. Every person on their staff is polite and efficient. The hotel is so beautiful, decor is perfect! A special shout- out to Monika, who was especially pleasant and helpful!

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Very nice hotel, great location, all members of staff where very friendly.
The room was amazing!
You fell like if u are in a palace.
Great value.

• Stayed September 2011
Fort William, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I was booked into Hotel 41 by my company travel co-ordinator due to the usual hotels being full, but I was not disappointed in the slightest. The closest it comes to is Raffles in terms of staff competence and efficiency, and the room I had was on two floors with a really big bowl of fruit to snack on. I've tried hard to come up with any criticism, and would say the only downsides are the cost of drinks in the hotel and the usual disgusting milk for tea in the room (although I'm sure they would have provided fresh milk if I'd asked!). At £500 for one night compared to the normal £150-200 I pay, the value is so much better than anything cheaper. It's unlikely my company will put me there again, but I'd have no complaint if they did!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel 41? Share your experiences!