“Really Enjoyed It Here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pavilion Hotel

You added Pavilion Hotel to your Saves list
Pavilion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34-36 Sussex Gardens, London W2 1UL, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #794 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Really Enjoyed It Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed in the Casablanca Nights. Haven't seen anything else like it to be honest. So much effort put into the design and the room was spotless. Did not want to leave the room. Found no hairdryer in the morning so asked for 1 from reception and was sent one immediately. Breakfast was cornflakes and muffins and long life orange juice. Would have preferred fresh juice but for the price I was paying £110 per night in Central London, I'm grateful that any breakfast was even included to be honest.

Saw some other bad reviews here (after my stay thank God). Don't let them put you off I say. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to be frank some of them seem just made up and very vindictive and false or completely petty.

I will definitely be recommending this lovely unique Hotel to colleagues, family and friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
warrington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

If you love Quirky it is for you, if you like boring contempory and are rather beige don't bother. Saw bad reviews which concerned me a little. But I think for the price people pay for London how can they grumble?!

I am lying in the Highland Fling room now and can not wait to return and try another. Very relaxed, breakfast delivered to room, quiet as a mouse whoever brought it. Oh, and the review about the monitor in the bedroom! Hilarious, it is a mouse and rat repellant device, its an old building! Silly lesbians, thinking everyone wants to listen to their sexual antics!

Only issue I have is no bog brush, but oh well, who gives a crap! Rock n Roll, I've camped in worse! :-D

Can not please everyone. But I am pleased as punch, it is obvious the work and love gone into this place, It shows and overcomes the petty little imperfections. Then again you should see my house. Home from Home on a grand scale. It is cleaner than my house ;-)

Love it can not wait to return and try Better Red than Dead and Green with Envy.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Got to the hotel and the carpets were threadbare, given a room on ground floor which was dark and dingy.
Up 4 flights of stairs, the room had cheap tatty furniture, Sink next to front door. I ran the bath with a mixture of hot and cold water and both bath taps had not hot but SCORCHING hot water.
I could not empty the bath as I could not pull the plug because there was no chain on it and I would have scalded my hand so I had to wait 20 minutes, still the water was too hot and had to use the kettle to put cold water from the sink (20 trips) to get the water to a comfortable temperature, I went to reception and he said you have to wait 3 minutes to get cold water but I tried this and scalding hot water was still coming through the cold tap!!. There was no shower gel, hairdryer etc. Breakfast was left outside the door, soggy food !!
I have come home to have a shower

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just on the train back to Manchester, I've never been so tired from a day out in London from complete lack of sleep!
We arrived in evening time, had to guess where the front desk was as there's no reception, and nobody comes to meet you at the door. A surly man in a puffa jacket who I assumed works there took £110 of my hard earned cash and gives us a key to 'White Days Soul Nights' room.
Up 4 flights of stairs, the room is an assault on tired eyes-quirky shabby chic boutique is what we expected, but got cheap tatty furniture, some sort of homemade bed base with a very uncomfortable mattress, flat pillows which gave me neck ache, nowhere to stash our valuables and a hand held shower head that gave you the option of scalding hot or ice cold. Sink next to front door.
The night was freezing and got up several times to try find anything other than the thin sheets we had, instead chose my husband's thermals he uses when working offshore on oil rigs.
Breakfast was small boxes of sugary cereals and stale croissants, could have killed for a cup of hot tea. Decided to just wash and leave.
Reception man, without looking up or acknowledging us forgot to ask if everything was alright with the room but when you're that bloody tired and grubby you just want to leave.
AVOID this hotel. If you work hard and appreciate a sleep, treat yourself to anything else but this.

Room Tip: Go somewhere-anywhere-else.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

There's a difference between quirky and tatty and this place is just a tatty dump.
The shower is crap, the facilities poor, the staff less than welcoming, breakfast is a joke and the room was freezing with no duvet or extra blankets.
Will not be back again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Milford Haven
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel claims to have three stars & a long list of celebrities who have stayed there! No lounge, no dinning room. Decor not to my taste and poor quality. A tiny and dingy room with poor lighting, a double bed, small wardrobe, bedroom chair, a very small TV and little else to recommend it. The shower, sink and toilet situated all in one tiny cubicle. Shower & you get wet feet or shoes when cleaning teeth! The 3" shower light cord is snapped off, with no end & grubby. The shower head sprays water and also floods it out of the top of the head. The bed uncomfortable, the pillows flat & there is one rough brown blanket & a thin green bedspread with a big orange stain on the bed. The Yale door lock has no snib to prevent entry from outside. No safe in room or in the hotel for valuables! Breakfast arrived during night, on floor outside the door! Croissant not fresh, muffin uninviting, small box cornflakes, warm milk, cheap orange juice & marmalade! Unfortunately booked for three nights & wished I hadn't! Put up with it first two nights having paid for it! The crunch came first thing on the Sunday morning when I found myself unable to exit my room. Door would not open, I suspect something to do with the missing snib! I phoned the hotel number of the paperwork which went to a mobile answer machine! I then try to contact my friend staying in another room. After several attempts I get a reply and ask her to get the man on the desk to come and let me out. The man comes with key but is unable to open the door. I am asked to open the bedroom window which is on the second floor, the man enters the ground floor courtyard and through the window. I complain bitterly and am asked why I am upset! I am offered another room, but not until after midday because its occupied. I ask for a refund so that I can go elsewhere and am refused because I have to give 48 hours notice. I leave and book into an hotel round the corner. I return later to speak to the manager who seems to find me and the incident amusing, I am told in front of a witness that Europeans do not understand how to use door locks properly which is why the snib has been taken off the door lock. I am told that I was offered another room. (although it wasn't available for several hours and there was no lounge or dinning room facility where I might wait or secure place to leave my luggage.) I ask again for a refund on the one night and was refused again I was told that I had the room at a discounted rate anyway (I booked through Laterooms) and they could have rented it out to someone else. I left in disgust. I'm sure there must be a health and safety issue in this tale of woe.

It seems unbelievable that a customer can be subjected to being trapped in a hotel room and then made to feel stupid by those in charge, who only seem interested in keeping the money.

Room Tip: I would never suggest/encourage anyone to book/stay in this hotel. My room and that of my friend wer...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Liphook, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

A small group of us booked in to this hotel as it was within close vicinity to the venue that we were working at. It looked like a good fun type of hotel, with the budget friendliness to satisfy our client.. It was simple, clean and quirky!

We stayed in the Flower Power room - random sink outside the bathroom and no shower.. Goldfinger room - hilarious.. Reflections - mirror-riffick! And Green with Envy, well, that was just brilliant...

I think if you fancy a random room in a convenient location then this is the hotel for you..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Pavilion Hotel? Share your experiences!