“Quiet modern boutique hotel in Hendon - near to the train station and with free parking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hide London

Ranked #57 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Adelaide Australia
1,118 reviews 1,118 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Hide London is a boutique hotel located in Hendon. Hence, if you want to go anywhere in Central London, you need to work out how to get there. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the Underground station.

It's a modern hotel, with attractive furnishings. It's clean and comfortable, and with several luxury touches, such as L'Occitaine toiletries.

They have a bar/ guest lounge, where they serve a complimentary continental breakfast.

The staff are pleasant and hospitable.

Within the vicinity, there are several modestly priced restaurants. The hotel does not serve dinner.

It's a nice place to stay.

The only reservation I had is that the room I stayed in was quite small, and with a very small bathroom. Hence, it's an unusual hotel: the decor, furnishings and service is of a high standard- personal and much like a B&B- but the size of the room is akin to a budget hotel/motel.

However, I must stress the standards of cleanliness and housekeeping are high!

You need to take into account the size of the rooms and the location of the hotel before you decide to stay here. If these are not a deal breaker, then I suspect you'll enjoy the positive aspects of the hotel. Certainly, it's a good option in its immediate area.

Room Tip: Consider the small size of the rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
jerusalem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I did write e review on the hide on 14\12\2011 so i am not about to write again all the great things about the hotel(location\room size\friendly staff).
I returned to the Hide again with my wife for 3 nights on November 20212 and was amazed to find that the place is so well kept-the room and the bathroom spotless clean,the tea tray in the room and the refrigrator are loaded with plenty of good staff.Above all i would like to mention the great service you get (from the manager down to the last night clerk) they managed to give us the same room we stayed in last time, every thing you ask for is answerd immeditely with a smile and nothing is to hard (on our last day we had to leave the hotel at 07:15 neverthe less they insistead that we will have brekfast before although breakfast is seved from 07:30). I was also pleased to find that they got free entery for the hotel gusts to the Virgin gym that is 1 minute walk form the hotel.
I can just say that for me the Hide is THE PLACE to stay in London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisboa, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel perfectly meets the need of any traveller. Rooms are comfortable, well decorated and cared to the detail.

Friendly staff, and free internet access make the choice worth it. Breakfast will be more than enough to calm the appetite of the most demanding stomachs.

Everything at an affordable price.

Location may be at first, a concern. However, it is easy to get the hotel by tube. Hendon Central is only 2 min walk. Commuting for instance, to Leicester Square Station will take 25-30 min.

Definitely is the best option for those who do not want to waste money in expensive hotels in London, but want to have a good rest at the end of the day.

There is also a small Italian restaurant (L´Artista) which is also worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Perfect! Just out side of london city center (25 mins on tube) which is great to escape once you've been there all day - it is very busy!

Breakfast was very nice with plenty to chose from for a continental. Room not massive but fine for a mini break. Very modern decor with the best shower used.

Warm welcome at reception with usful info.

Highly recommended and would stay again.

Thanks THL for a great trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Travelled in April 2012... We decided to stay at The Hide because of positive reviews on Tripadvisor and we were looking for accommodation in Hendon. The staff were most helpful and we enjoyed a great breakfast the next morning (included in the price). The hotel itself appealed because of its decor and the rooms we occupied were very comfortable. Most refreshing in this day and age were the gratis offerings of bottled water etc. London is only a 30 minute tube ride away and Hendon Tube station is only a short walk from the Hotel. As we were intent on visiting Hampstead Heath, we appreciated that we were only 3 stops away. Most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
sheffield, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked this hotel for me and my partner based on the great reviews on here (and the fantastic value)!
Normally we stay with relatives in London but on occasion need a hotel. This was definitely our favourite of our London stays and I think it's a safe bet for your money looking at all the great feedback they garner. I felt at home right away, cosying into my complimentary slippers. The room was lovely, gorgeous decoration and giant glass cubicle shower with huge waterfall shower head. Bathroom goodies courtesy of L'occitane, even including toothbrushes and razors! A plate of high-end chocolates to welcome you. Free goodies in the fridge (Coke, Lilt, spring water) and an inclusive breakfast that sets you up for the day (including lemon drizzle cake and choccy muffins). Every need is taken care of except in my case, I found it odd there were no flannels in the bathroom to clean my face with. I asked for one but they have none! On my return to the hotel after an evening out though, the lovely chap offered me an extra towel instead. All staff encountered with faultless and with parking included, this hotel represents superb value for London. If we need a hotel again, we shall not bother looking elsewhere.

I don't want to bring up any negatives really, our stay was so lovely, but in all honesty, the rooms are very small (smaller than a premier inn!) so if you need space, don't book our classic double, maybe the premium rooms are bigger. Also, I really could have done with a flannel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

On arrival we chatted to a very friendly manager who was willing to help in anyway. Our room was warm, cosy and clean, a few random marks on the walls but nothing terrible.
TV was a bit small (but I am used to a 55" at home)
Shower was really powerful.
The room was really quiet considering its on a main road.
Really close to the underground.
Breakfast was amazing! Couldnt get enough, fresh fruit salad and other continental treats.
Well worth the money

• Stayed November 2012

Been to The Hide London? Share your experiences!