“Tour of Normandy beaches from Paris” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 1,022 Activities in London
More attraction details
Owner description: British Tours Ltd. is Britain's longest-established personal tour operator established in 1958. If you are looking for personally guided day tours in and around London, extended tours of England, Scotland & Wales, and excellent tour guides, you have come to the right place.
Owings, Maryland
“Tour of Normandy beaches from Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our party of four took a day tour from Paris to the Normandy invasion beaches. We were picked up at 7:30 in the morning and returned to our hotel at 7:30 in the evening. Hervee, the driver/tour guide was personable and extremely knowledgeable, bringing the events that ocurred on those beaches to life. For anyone contemplating this tour, or any other that British Tours offers, they have my unqualified recommendation.

Visited October 2012

Haddonfield, New Jersey
“5 day tour from London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I, along with my 89 year-old Mother completed 5 days of tours with British Tours. We had an excellent guide in Harri Williams, He was very knowldedgeable in the history and background of the places visited as well as in the best places to view. We were also provided quick access to most venues. Harri worked very hard to ensure the comfort and access to important sites for my Mother. I would highly recommend British Tours to anyone considering tours in the UK.

One suggestion for improvement is on the Leeds, Dover , Canterbury tour. I suggest you drop Leeds and spend some time in Dover touring the recently opened tunnel system in the cliffs left over from WWII and earlier eras.

Thanks for a great trip!

Tom

Oceanside, California
“6 DAY TOUR SCOTLAND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

What a wonderful way to tour Great Britain! We had been in England in June and discovered that trying to sightsee on our own was not an option due to the challenges of the English roads.This was the perfect solution. Lovett was a wonderful guide and we thoroughly enjoyed spending our vacation time with him. Our days were full of wonderful sights & things to do. It was so nice not to be in a big tour bus and have options on what we wanted to see and do. Lovett will forever hold a special place in our hearts as we fondly remember our fantastic vacation to Great Britain.

Titusville
4 attraction reviews
“An Unforgetable Day with Mark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband, brother, sister-in-law and I recently spent a day touring Stonehenge and Bath with Mark. I had booked this tour with British Tours, and we weren't sure quite what to expect. What we got was a wonderful day filled with new sights, new information, and a worry-free trip through the English countryside. Mark picked us up at our hotel, right on time, and from then on we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Mark's ability to drive, point out things of interest and answer a myriad of questions was amazing. He obviously knew the best way to reach everything. Stonehenge was amazing and Bath was a delightful town, including the tour of the Roman Baths. We arrived back at our hotel right on time, after a wonderful tour. I would recommend British Tours - and Mark - with no reservations. It was great!

Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States
“Our London Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had one day to see as much as London as possible. Found British Tours on the Internet and boy were we lucky! I booked the tour on extremely short notice. You can book on the website which is great. However, I also had to speak to the office because on weekends they don't read emails, but Sue at the office was great and we were set.

Our tour guide was Mark. When you book your tour you can personalize it. I am Harry Potter fan so a trip to King' Cross was added as well as Mark pointing out sites where the movies were filmed. We also added a trip to Harrod's (not worth it by the way).

The Positives: There were only 4 of us on this tour (hubby,2 kids, and me). We had a minivan which was very comfy. Mark also adjusted the tour when he saw that my husband has to take it slow. The information and stories he told us were great. He had a great sense of humor which we appreciated. Be advised this is a whirlwind tour. We were able to tour the Tower of London and Harrod's. The Crown Jewels were fabulous. Harrod's crowded and crazy. The restaurant he choose form lunch was delicious--Italian food.

The Negatives: none as far as we were concerned. This is not cheap, but it was so worth it. The personalized attention made it a great experience. So nice not to have to get on and off a bus with 50 or more people jockeying for their position. Also note that you should buy a London Pass ahead of time as admissions and food not included.

Finally, we would do this again and next visit plan to do so. It was well worth the price! Thanks again British Tours and especially Mark for an unforgettable day!

Visited August 2012