This was my first stay in a Firmdale hotel. I was staying overnight as I was going to a party in London, and just needed a bed really. It's a great place, every room is beautifully designed even the small ones. The Queen rooms are far from basic, lovely colour schemes, a fair sized wardrobe, compact marble style bathroom with great shower, and lots of character. The bed is very comfortable.
If you are looking for a single room in central London, I would say you couldn't go any better. The rooms are small, but you can use the living room, library and conservatory so you don't feel cramped.
The only downside was the lack of room at breakfast, when I went down there was a queue of people and I was put on a table next to the breakfast, which was fine but it did feel like people were standing over you when they were choosing theirs. I did go back with friends to the conservatory later though and it was far more pleasant.
The location is fabulous though. My new favourite place if I need a room in London, I just need to find another excuse!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Number Sixteen forms part of a row of gleaming white stucco mid Victorian townhouses. It originally opened in the 1980’s and instantly became popular with discerning travellers looking for an alternative to the larger Park Lane hotels. Now several years on, the hotel has a Firmdale point of view. Kit Kemp redesigned the hotel in her signature, fresh modern English style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, MrandMrsSmith, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Number Sixteen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Number 16
- Number Sixteen London, England
- Number Sixteen Hotel London