“Better than Westminster Abbey” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Paul's Cathedral

St. Paul's Cathedral
St. Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8AD, England (City of London)
020 7236 4128
Ranked #37 of 2,350 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Rebuilt by Christopher Wren after the great Fire of 1666, St. Paul's has been the site of many historic state occasions, including Winston Churchill's funeral and the marriage of the Prince and Princess of Wales.
Atlanta, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
“Better than Westminster Abbey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great old church. Wish we could have taken photos inside. It is a lot of stairs up to the whispering dome, but worth the walk.

Visited February 2013

London, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was the first place I visited when I came to London and I should say, it was a very good experience. It has its own history, you can buy a ticket to climb all the way to the top, the view of London is so amazing from the top. Worth a visit

Kent, England
14 attraction reviews
“Impressive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We visited St Paul's with our 3 and 5 year old children. The children loved the climb up to the Whispering Gallery but other than that they wasn't a great deal to keep them interested which is not a surprise as obviously we were visiting a place of worship not a playground. St Paul's website is very useful and has learning resources that we used once we returned home. Audio guides were included in the entrance fee so you can move around the Cathedral at your own place. The cafe and restaurant were first class. We visited One New Change that is across the road that has great views from the 6th floor which is worth a visit. St Paul's is an amazing place to visit but I feel that £14 per ticket is a bit steep.

Visited March 2013
Dublin, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“Glorious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

A beautiful cathedral that really is worth the entry fee. Iconic for London, we found this a wonderful place to explore. It seemed to be much more uplifting than Westminster Abbey and the staff also seemed more pleasant.

Visited March 2013
mjd2007
“Don't Leave London without going here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I don't know about you, but when I think about Cathedral's and London I had always thought of Westminster Abbey...no more! On a misty London evening my husband and I ran into St. Paul's and happened to arrive just in time for a Choral Ensong. This might be the highlight of my trip, sitting in this GORGEOUS Cathedral with Organ playing I'm telling you, we went to Westminister Abbey the next day and while it is Magnificent, nothing will touch that experience for me.

Visited October 2012