“Don't Leave London without going here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Paul's Cathedral

St. Paul's Cathedral
St. Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8AD, England (City of London)
020 7236 4128
Website
Improve this listing
Book a Tour

Ranked #60 of 1,098 attractions in London
Type: Religious Sites, Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Churches/ Cathedrals
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Rebuilt by Christopher Wren after the great Fire of 1666, St. Paul's has been the site of many historic state occasions, including Winston Churchill's funeral and the marriage of the Prince and Princess of Wales.
mjd2007
3 attraction reviews
“Don't Leave London without going here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I don't know about you, but when I think about Cathedral's and London I had always thought of Westminster Abbey...no more! On a misty London evening my husband and I ran into St. Paul's and happened to arrive just in time for a Choral Ensong. This might be the highlight of my trip, sitting in this GORGEOUS Cathedral with Organ playing I'm telling you, we went to Westminister Abbey the next day and while it is Magnificent, nothing will touch that experience for me.

Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Impressive on the inside aswell as the outside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My partner and I went into the building late in the day. We didn't have chance to explore the building as some singing was taking place. But we got let into a room to listen in where there was a small gathering of people.
Definitely worth visiting and only wish I had got chance to explore the building properly but should I be back in London this place would be on the list of places to visit.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
51 attraction reviews
“Does not reflect Christian values”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Charging 15 pounds to see a church that has a restaurant, cafe and gift shop in the crypt is the epitome of why people are leaving the church. They also don't allow photos. Needless to say, they do not display the Christian hospitality of Westminster Cathedral and many others throughout Europe and the world. It is definitely not worth the money, don't bother.

Los Altos, California
21 attraction reviews
“Beautiful, well kept and worth the visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

While it's not cheap to get into St. Paul's, I feel it's well worth the price. The place is huge and spectacular. It's one of the best kept cathedrals we've been to. The audio tour drags on a little too much for our taste, but it's all interesting information. Unfortunately the dome was closed when we visited which was a disappointment, but just seeing the space and hearing about some of the history was good for us. The day we visited there was some kind of choir there practicing which made it all the more interesting having the echoes of human voices surrounding us as we wandered around. I'm really happy we took the time to stop in and see such a lovely old place.

Poole
6 attraction reviews
“Moving and interesting history”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

£30 for the two of us to enter but we gift aided the fee as we are UK tax payers and gained free entry as many times as we wished over the next 12 months. We chose the longer (1.5hrs) guided tour (no extra charge) and it was well worth it. Our guide took us to areas not normally open to the public including the geometric staircase (google it as seen in Harry potter films) and she fully explained the history and stories e.g. Wren's tomb (hardly noticeable as he said St Pauls is his tomb), Millais, Nelson and Wellington all entombed there. There was so much to see that we were glad that we could come back another day.