“5* and more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metropolitan by COMO, London

You added Metropolitan by COMO, London to your Saves list
Metropolitan by COMO, London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Park Lane, London W1K 1LB, England (Formerly Apartments at Metropolitan by COMO, London) (Mayfair)   |
Special Price
Stay 3 Nights, Pay for 2
Ranked #57 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winchester, United Kingdom
“5* and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at the Met on April 18th. We were greeted by a friendly smiley doorman who helped us with our bags. Our check in was very easy and a kind member of staff not only showed us to our room but went through how everything worked too - which was very impressive, lights and blinds controlled by the phone etc. Much to our surprise we had been upgraded to a huge room with a wonderful view of Hyde Park. We didn't want to leave our hotel room but we were visiting friends and the staff got us a taxi in a matter of seconds!
The next morning we had a delicious breakfast in the relaxed but efficient restaurant, our food was truly delicious and there was such a range to choose from including some mouth watering healthy options.
This was our second stay at the Met and we cannot rate it highly enough, we would never stay anywhere else in London and we look forward to returning soon.
Thank you to all the staff for making us feel so welcome and for being so helpful.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, London, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Many thanks indeed for your wonderful comments following your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued so many aspects of your experience with us from your room, to breakfast and the service that you received from the team. I am very pleased indeed that we were able to enhance your London visit in some way.

Your recommendation is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself.

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed the night of the 25th of April in room 714 with a view of Hyde park, and I really feel It’s essential to write this review. From the minute I arrived for check in and met a very helpful gentleman outside to checking in with two wonderfully friendly and helpful girls, the room was incredible which was wonderful and overall we both felt so welcome.

I had fantastic cocktails downstairs with a friend and some wonderful nibbles and again the staff were delightful.

My boyfriend Michael who was taking part in the London marathon on the Sunday which was the reason we were down for the night couldn’t speak highly enough about everything. The breakfast we had before he set off and to top the incredible service after his return from the marathon even though we had checked out, the hotel were kind enough to let him have a shower etc which trust me, made his day so much better.

We both love our last minute breaks away and travel quite regularly and this ONE night stay has topped our list for the finest hotel we have ever stayed in and the people we dealt with throughout our stay made it like that for us, so we would both like future guests to know it's a wonderful hotel :)

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your amazing comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that we were able to support your boyfriend’s London Marathon efforts in some way. I am also very pleased to hear that you liked your room, your breakfast experience and, most importantly, the service that you received from the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon and very much appreciate your recommendation. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Paso Robles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The rooms at the Metropolitoan are VERY modern. The lights, drapes etc are controlled from the phone. There is no art on the walls and everything is very stark. The beds are comfortable and everything is very clean. The neighborhood is very nice and its a short walk to a tube station. Also very close to Buckingham Palace. The lights were so bright in the room I had to keep them dimmed and the room sort of felt like a space pod. Nice hotel but definitely has a specific crowd it's trying to cater to. Very aware of how tech savy it is.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our location.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your arrangements myself.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We spent 4 nights here, as part of our honeymonn. We got this hotel through Hotwire site, and it was worth it!
We were in the delux room, with a balcony, facing the park with a wonderfuul view. The room was so big, modern and welcoming.
The stuff of the hotel was charming, willing to help at every subject.
We also used the gym here, which was well equiped - including towels and water bottles waiting for us on the machines.
So, we are definitly coming back here!
Thank you for a wonderfull stay!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, London, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your lovely comments following your honeymoon experience at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that we managed to enhance your special occasion in some way.

Should you be planning a return visit to London in the future please let me know. I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself and ensure you enjoy another great stay.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good location next door to Green Park station (easy commute to Canary Wharf), was upgraded to a suite room upon arrival which had an excellent skyline view of London along the Thames. Room was clean and perfect in every way, especially the bathroom with excellent toiletries, I need to buy some of that lovely shower gel!!! Service was personal. Security in evening a bit tight, sometimes 5 persons standing at the door, this is a bit OTT and could make some people nervous, but at the same time this is welcome as makes the hotel a safe place. Check out in the morning was easy. WIFI was so easy to log onto, not need to enter you email and life history and certainly was faster than others that I had experienced and worked throughout the hotel, even in the lifts !
Would certainly stay here again, makes a big difference from staying on the Wharf when I normally come for business, I felt this time like I was really in London having the whole of the West End on my doorstep.

Room Tip: Try and get a room above floor 8.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your terrific comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience at the hotel, that you enjoyed our location and your room as well as the service that you received from the team. If you are still interested in purchasing some of the guest toiletries they are available via the COMO Shambhala website, please let me know if you need any assistance with this.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO soon. Please do let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your arrangements myself.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been visiting the excellent Metropolitan Hotel for the past 7 years and have never been disappointed. We were lucky enough to meet Scot Wilson the Guest Relations Manager early on who went out of his way to accommodate our family of five (2 young children and a dog!) Not only did we get to enjoy a spacious room overlooking Hyde Park but our children were treated to toys, books and best of all cookies. The staff is friendly, professional and provided us with excellent suggestions of where to take our family for meals. We couldn't recommend the Metropolitan more and plan to stay there in future, hopefully enjoying the same personal service as it was provided to us by Scot.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you very much indeed for your lovely comments and recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. As a loyal and regular guest it is particularly pleasing to hear that we managed to enhance your precious family time in some way.

We very much look forward to welcoming you, and your family, back so please let me know when you are planning your return to London. It would be my pleasure to look after your booking myself and ensure another wonderful stay.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From the moment we entered the hotel we were greeted warmly, Scott in particular made an effort to get to know us and find out what we were doing in London which was appreciated. The rooms are spacious, very clean and modern; everything can be controlled at the touch of a button and although you have street traffic; there is no noise. The bed is comfy, we both had a great night's sleep and felt refreshed in the morning. The bar area is very cool too with a great selection of drinks and the staff are very attentive. It's in a great location within easy walking distance of both Hyde Park Corner and Green Park underground stations, so easy to get anywhere you need to. There is also the NOBU bar which if you're lucky you could do a bit of celeb spotting. Would highly recommend this hotel to anybody and we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you very much indeed for your terrific comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us so much. It is also particularly pleasing to hear your comments about the service you received throughout the hotel, especially from Scott our Guest Relations Manager.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Andrew

Been to Metropolitan by COMO, London? Share your experiences!