“A gem of a hotel in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metropolitan by COMO, London

You added Metropolitan by COMO, London to your Saves list
Metropolitan by COMO, London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Park Lane, London W1K 1LB, England (Formerly Apartments at Metropolitan by COMO, London) (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Ranked #59 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“A gem of a hotel in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is a hotel we have stayed at several times. The staff is superb, the rooms are clean and bright and we always look forward to our stays there. The location is absolutely wonderful and the hotel service is excellent and we are very fussy travellers.
We think it is excellent value for London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, London, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you very much indeed for your fantastic comments following your recent stay with us.

It is always an absolute pleasure to receive such lovely feedback from one of our many loyal guests. We look forward to welcoming you back at the end of the month.

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We pickedMetropolitan by Como because we stayed at sister hotel Parrot Cay Resort in the Turks and Caicos. We expereinced the same level of chic elegance in the heart of the Mayfair District of London. You feel like you're in a Bond film from the moment you arrive at this hotel. In our case, arriving at 9 am our room wasn't ready. Would you care to use our spa, Mr. Bond, I mean Mr. Steve? But of course. The spa was great and we could start our day only to be called shortly thereafter that they had expedited and upgraded our room. The hotel is similar to a "W" in its modernist approach, but more refined. The views of London are spectacular. Just outside is Hyde Park, the Wellington Arch, and of course, Harrod's. The hotel houses Nobu and dont miss the vibe and sushi.When we return to London, we will retrun to the Metro. Now if we could just get to the Maldives...

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Mayfair neigborhood or the park.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that we managed to replicate the experience you had at Parrot Cay in the Turks & Caicos.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally. Additionally, should you be planning a visit to another of our resorts in the future please also let me know.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We chose the hotel for its location. Not knowing much about the brand, the hotel looked contemporary online and fit the check-list. We arrived mid-morning after flying from the US and were greeted warmly by the front desk staff. Even though we were very early for traditional check-in, the staff found an open room for us weary travelers. The room exceeded our expectation: roomier and brighter than most we have experienced in London. Outstanding service with a smile from the staff. A taxi was ALWAYS on hand at the front door, so that took some anxiety out of the mix about the London traffic situation (especially getting a taxi while its raining). The service was very "bespoke," right down to the freshly made lattes delivered at our request in the AM.

The hotel smells delicious. It must be a signature scent created for the spa and toiletries. Quite lovely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your very kind feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you found the room bright and spacious. I am also very pleased indeed that you felt our service was bespoke and outstanding. It is the staff that truly make the difference at a hotel and many of our regular guests also frequently comment on the service they receive so it is wonderful that you felt the same.

Please let me know directly when you are planning a return visit to London. I would welcome the opportunity to look after your reservation personally.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We won a night at The Metropolitan in a raffle for Breast Cancer research and decided to go on West End VIP weekend. Upon arrival we were met by Scott, Guest Relations manager, who informed us we had been upgraded to a Park View Suite. It was bigger than our apartment with stunning views of Hyde Park and Winter Wonderland. The suite compreised a living area with TV, chaise longue, nespresso machine and complimentary fruit and wine. The bedroom was equally spacious with second TV and elegant en suite bathroom. Robes and slippers, yoga mats, iron, hairdryer all supplied.

Breakfast next day was extensive and all freshly prepared, no stale buffet where food sits waiting. Attentive service meant that food was hot and plentiful and no restriction on what you may select.

We had a wonderful time and would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a luxurious stay in central London

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of Hyde Park make your stay even better
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, London, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback and for your recommendation following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the service that you received as well as your upgraded suite and its facilities. I am also delighted that you enjoyed our fresh a la carte breakfast.

Please let me know when you are next planning a weekend break as I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally. I look forward to hearing from you.

Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I have arranged to stay at the Metropolitan on Old Park Lane in December 2012 and I recently e-mailed them to tie-up a few details. The trip is to celebrate my wedding anniversary and so I wanted to confirm a few of the finer points...
I received a very prompt and helpful response from Elizabeth in Reservations and with the help of her colleagues in Concierge all of my requests have been accommodated.

I travel a great deal and this level of personal service is sadly (and somewhat surprisingly) not representative of many 'higher-end' hotels...

A really great start to my stay and I haven't even arrived yet! Thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much indeed for your very kind feedback in advance of your stay.

I have passed your comments on to Elizabeth and the Concierge Team and we are looking forward to welcoming you and your wife to the hotel for your special occasion.
If you need anything else arranged before you arrive please let me know as I would be delighted to help.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my wife were upgraded the met room overlooking the park. Perfectly located, as soon as we arrived we were greeted with smiles and hot towels to wipe away the smog of the city.

We were then given the tour and shown to our room. The room was gorgeous and very quiet and spacious. The hotel feels and smells like a spa; a pleasure for your senses.

Also check out the met bar; it was lively and had a DJ playing some really great music. You are also given two free cocktail vouchers but beware as we got sucked in a spent a pretty penny at the bar!

Overall a very serene and relaxing hotel which I cannot fault; will def be back and hopefully for the weekend next time.

• Stayed November 2012
Andrew T, Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, London, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful comments after your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you found the experience to be relaxing, even in the heart of London. As part of COMO Hotels and Resorts we do aim to upgrade as many of our guests as possible so I am also very pleased indeed that this enhanced your stay. It is also great that you enjoyed the Met Bar and the cocktails with our compliments that we offer to our guests staying at the weekend.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to make the arrangements for you.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here with family for Christmas shopping. The check in desk was great - complimentary tea on arrival with hot towels to refresh us. The two rooms we had booked were light and airy, clean with wonderful fresh linen and a great bathroom. We were very impressed with the hotel and would recommend it. All the staff were helpful, polite and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much indeed for your fantastic feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service you received so much, as well as finding your rooms light and airy. I am also particularly pleased that you found our new hot arrival towels refreshing after your journey.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know directly when you are planning a return to London as I would welcome the chance to look after your booking personally.

Andrew

Been to Metropolitan by COMO, London? Share your experiences!