“Comfortable and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of One Aldwych

You added One Aldwych to your Saves list
One Aldwych
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Aldwych, London WC2B 4BZ, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Rate
Advance Purchase Rate
Ranked #36 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We liked this hotel , unobtrusive with friendly and genuinely helpful staff. Rooms are functional with facilities of a good quality. Pool was compact but adequete , sauna was good. We did not use the restaurant as the menu looked rather limited and there are loads of places to eat in the surrounding streets between the hotel and Covent Garden.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
StefanSoennichsen, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear ellucy
Thank you for your review of One Aldwych, we are pleased that you liked the hotel. We do in fact have two restaurants to choose from, Indigo on our mezzanine level over looking the busy Lobby Bar and also Axis Restaurant a more formal venue on our lower level. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again.
Stefan Soennichsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had a wonderful shopping weekend in this superb hotel.

Reception: from check in to check out and throughout the stay very professional, friendly and helpful, everything to our wish. One lady was extremely welcoming and polite, she checked us in and also out.

Concierge: Organised 2 restaurant reservations and had wonderful restaurant tips on hand before our stay, the recommendation of AMAYA, an indian restaurant was superb!
Rooms:
we had to executive rooms and i would say the one of them would be really small for 2 tall persons. It had a nice bathroom but the bedroom was tiny, nothing for claustrophobic persons. Quality and cleanliness very good! Complimentary Fruit platter consisted of two mandarins, would not call that a platter then!
Spas and pool very excellent and the massage is definetely a go! one of the best we experienced and we had quite a few already!
I personally did not like the area of the hotel that much, its very crowded and touristy. Musicals are at your doorstep and much seems to be in walking distance like Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly circus. Next time i will have a hotel in quieter Chelsea, Kensington or Marylebone, bit that is only my preference, has NOTHING to do with this gem of a hotel!
Tip: For a good burger you can go to Byron Burgers which is around the hotel and has a nice atmosphere too!

Price: on the high side for quality and size of rooms

Room Tip: High floors with views are nices. Executive and Aldwych rooms are small! Especially our number 402 w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ninasch1976
Many thanks for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at One Aldwych. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel and thank you for your many positive comments. For any future stays you may wish to consider one of our Deluxe Rooms which are a larger size. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed in Suite 606, also known as Dome Suite. Tlhe suite is huge, immaculate, it oozes elegance, has a spacious bedroom, guest bathroom, lounge area that can easily seat 10 people, and dining room table in the dome that can seat 10 people. I didn't want to leave my room. Since I was on my own, I was saddened that I couldn't utilise the room. When travelling here, at least use the room for a meeting, or host a function - its that special.
When I walked into the Lobby Bar it was very full. As I walked in I scanned the area for an open seat. Two servers immediately spotted my predicament and before I could even ask, one prepared a table and chair for me. Anticipating customer needs even before they ask is the ultimate definition of service in any industry. One Aldwych sets the standard!
Everywhere I went in the hotel I was offered a paper, as soon as the staff realised I was on my own. I was always addressed by my name - talk about personalised service!
The Axis restaurant is not only elegant, but the menu is varied. I am a vegan and had a great meal. All tastes will be catered for! The winelist is equally great, offering French, Italian, German and new world wines.
The gym is well equipped; the pool large and quite nice.
But the abiding memory is of staff who are friendly, caring, efficient and anticipate customer needs!
The hotel truely lives up to its slogan " as good as it gets". And it is right in the heart of theatre land!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Fome Suite (606), but previously stayed in other rooms and found them all spacious a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
StefanSoennichsen, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Leon V

Thank you so much for your lovely review of One Aldwych. We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed our luxury Dome Suite. We also appreciate your feedback on our Axis Restaurant and Health Club, and especially on the friendly and personalised service that you received from the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

highland park il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I travel a lot and this is my favorite hotel in the world, bar none. I stayed at One Aldwych often and would move in if I could. Superb hotel, staff, pool & fitness center. Rooms comfortable no matter the class of room. Thoughtful touches like a new plastic bag for liquids for packing, fruit and water daily, most comfortable beds, pillows, wireless internet included. Love the new guest only lounge. The staff is fantastic--from the doormen, to the front desk staff, concierge, room service, restaurant, lobby bar, health club, and management, you won't find nicer, kinder, more efficient staff anywhere. Well done One Aldwych, well done.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
StefanSoennichsen, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear kgs

We take great pleasure in looking after you and I am thrilled to read your comments on both our team and facilities. We are pleased to have recently launched our new guests-only ‘Lounge at One’ which I am delighted that you mention too. We do look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for such kind feedback.

Nottingham, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

First time at this hotel after many visits to the capital and must admit it's probably the best place we've stayed at. Friendly, welcoming staff greeted us and showed us to our superior room which was offered as a free upgrade on our arrival. Lovely room, fresh and warm with gorgeous crisp bed linen and a great bathroom. Couldn't fault dinner in Indigo restaurant - tasty, interesting food and no more expensive that we would expect for the capital.
Terrific experience of acommodation in London. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: First floor, overlooking the Lyceum Theatre seems good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StefanSoennichsen, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear CandDNottingham_UK
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent visit to One Aldwych. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, especially our Indigo restaurant and fair pricing. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Our meeting was scheduled for The Waldorf Astoria but as we entered the fire alarm went off and the building was evacuated!

It was an easy decision to visit an “old friend” - the lobby bar at One Aldwych.
It wasn’t crowded, the welcome was, as always, professional.
The Martinis were perfect and we left refreshed and relaxed after a thoroughly professional business meeting in a light, airy and inspiring space.

It’s nice to see that standards haven’t dropped here!

Dear TopTripie
Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit to our Lobby Bar. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and in particular our special Martinis. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again soon for your next meeting.
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The location, the design, the rooms, the staff, the food, the bar, everything is perfect. But what I prefer above all is the pool. It has to be one of the most stunning pool in London and just the perfect way to start the day or recover from a day out. The location is perfect for making the most of your stay in London, will definitely return.

Room Tip: The circular rooms are breathtaking
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Richard H
Many thanks for writing a review following your recent visit. I am pleased to know that you are a fan of the hotel and I appreciate your commenting on our stunning pool, which is chlorine free and features underwater music. We do hope that we can welcome you back soon.
Stefan Soennichsen

Been to One Aldwych? Share your experiences!