“I will never stay anywhere else in London!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of One Aldwych

Save Saved
You added One Aldwych to your Saves list
One Aldwych
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Aldwych, London WC2B 4BZ, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Rate
Advance Purchase Rate
Ranked #40 of 1,072 hotels in London
Johannesburg, South Africa
“I will never stay anywhere else in London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed in Suite 606, also known as Dome Suite. Tlhe suite is huge, immaculate, it oozes elegance, has a spacious bedroom, guest bathroom, lounge area that can easily seat 10 people, and dining room table in the dome that can seat 10 people. I didn't want to leave my room. Since I was on my own, I was saddened that I couldn't utilise the room. When travelling here, at least use the room for a meeting, or host a function - its that special.
When I walked into the Lobby Bar it was very full. As I walked in I scanned the area for an open seat. Two servers immediately spotted my predicament and before I could even ask, one prepared a table and chair for me. Anticipating customer needs even before they ask is the ultimate definition of service in any industry. One Aldwych sets the standard!
Everywhere I went in the hotel I was offered a paper, as soon as the staff realised I was on my own. I was always addressed by my name - talk about personalised service!
The Axis restaurant is not only elegant, but the menu is varied. I am a vegan and had a great meal. All tastes will be catered for! The winelist is equally great, offering French, Italian, German and new world wines.
The gym is well equipped; the pool large and quite nice.
But the abiding memory is of staff who are friendly, caring, efficient and anticipate customer needs!
The hotel truely lives up to its slogan " as good as it gets". And it is right in the heart of theatre land!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Fome Suite (606), but previously stayed in other rooms and found them all spacious a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
StefanSoennichsen, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Leon V

Thank you so much for your lovely review of One Aldwych. We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed our luxury Dome Suite. We also appreciate your feedback on our Axis Restaurant and Health Club, and especially on the friendly and personalised service that you received from the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours sincerely

645 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
highland park il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I travel a lot and this is my favorite hotel in the world, bar none. I stayed at One Aldwych often and would move in if I could. Superb hotel, staff, pool & fitness center. Rooms comfortable no matter the class of room. Thoughtful touches like a new plastic bag for liquids for packing, fruit and water daily, most comfortable beds, pillows, wireless internet included. Love the new guest only lounge. The staff is fantastic--from the doormen, to the front desk staff, concierge, room service, restaurant, lobby bar, health club, and management, you won't find nicer, kinder, more efficient staff anywhere. Well done One Aldwych, well done.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
StefanSoennichsen, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear kgs

We take great pleasure in looking after you and I am thrilled to read your comments on both our team and facilities. We are pleased to have recently launched our new guests-only ‘Lounge at One’ which I am delighted that you mention too. We do look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for such kind feedback.

Yours sincerely

Nottingham, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

First time at this hotel after many visits to the capital and must admit it's probably the best place we've stayed at. Friendly, welcoming staff greeted us and showed us to our superior room which was offered as a free upgrade on our arrival. Lovely room, fresh and warm with gorgeous crisp bed linen and a great bathroom. Couldn't fault dinner in Indigo restaurant - tasty, interesting food and no more expensive that we would expect for the capital.
Terrific experience of acommodation in London. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: First floor, overlooking the Lyceum Theatre seems good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StefanSoennichsen, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear CandDNottingham_UK
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent visit to One Aldwych. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, especially our Indigo restaurant and fair pricing. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Our meeting was scheduled for The Waldorf Astoria but as we entered the fire alarm went off and the building was evacuated!

It was an easy decision to visit an “old friend” - the lobby bar at One Aldwych.
It wasn’t crowded, the welcome was, as always, professional.
The Martinis were perfect and we left refreshed and relaxed after a thoroughly professional business meeting in a light, airy and inspiring space.

It’s nice to see that standards haven’t dropped here!

Dear TopTripie
Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit to our Lobby Bar. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and in particular our special Martinis. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again soon for your next meeting.
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The location, the design, the rooms, the staff, the food, the bar, everything is perfect. But what I prefer above all is the pool. It has to be one of the most stunning pool in London and just the perfect way to start the day or recover from a day out. The location is perfect for making the most of your stay in London, will definitely return.

Room Tip: The circular rooms are breathtaking
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Richard H
Many thanks for writing a review following your recent visit. I am pleased to know that you are a fan of the hotel and I appreciate your commenting on our stunning pool, which is chlorine free and features underwater music. We do hope that we can welcome you back soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

It has been a few years since I stayed at this property, but it's just as good as I remember.
The rooms are mid-sized and sparkling clean. Restaurant is good and the lobby bar is terrific.
The location in the theater district near Covent Garden can't be beat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear mgtravles
We were delighted to welcome you back to One Aldwych after so long and I am pleased to know that you found us to be as good as you remember. Thank you very much indeed for your positive comments and for noting our convenient Covent Garden location.
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Love One Aldwych - a true luxury boutique hotel as central as you can get in London. Its not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but then you wouldnt expect it to be. Great restaurant and bar area, friendly reception, great rooms (at least the one I had which looked out onto the Alwych). Despite the location, I found the room quiet and comfortable with a good bathroom. I would not hesitate to stay here again and found it better and more personal than other nearby luxury hotels.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms looking out onto the Aldwych to watch people go by. I suspect the rooms looking ou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ross H
Many thanks for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at One Aldwych. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your time with us and noted our individual approach. We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit soon.
Stefan Soennichsen

Been to One Aldwych? Share your experiences!