“Luxurious Christmas” 4 of 5 stars

Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #96 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Luxurious Christmas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We visited Sanderson on Christmas for two nights with my partner. We stayed there for two nights and we absolutely enjoyed it.

Although the whole concept is a little bit 90's the atmosphere and the whole experience has been really relaxing and luxurious.

After a warm welcome from the reception staff we were shown to our room.
Surprised that we would have a bathtub for ourselves in a standard room we indulged ourselves in the big bed and found almost everything we needed in the room.

The only disappointing thing (with allthe bug hotels to be honest) is the fact that you have to pay for your wifi access which makes it very difficult even for people lime us that live in the same city and we have our own carriers. In order to watch a movie on your ipad you have to pay 10£ for a 24 hours service. I suppose I am not cheap but when you pay so much wifi is kind of a basic service. Again,though as i said its a common thing in all hotels.

The service was fast,prompt and very friendly. Even when our drinks at the lobby bar took some time to come,Nigel,the shift manager apologised himself and offered us complimentary drinks for the day after.

Breakfast was delicious with Gambi being very friendly,smiling and willing to bring us all we needed.

JJ and the rest of the staff at the reception were there for us when asked really helpful.

We would definitely go back and give ourselves a luxurious treatment.

Hopefully soon

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Turkish first
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Booked a room here just for one night for my boyfriends 21st birthday. It was more than I had expected, the entrance is very modern and inviting, as are the staff on reception. They were so friendly and helpful and the lift is the best lift I've ever been in. The location is perfect, about a two minute walk from Oxford Street. The room is absolutely stunning, I always judge a hotel room by it's bathroom and this did not disappoint. The bed was also extremely comfortable. The only down side I have (which is completely superficial and unnecessary) is that there are lots of mirrors in the room but no plugs near them. I had to curl my hair through my laptop webcam but, obviously, that wouldn't stop me going back again. I will definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

the hotel is very nice, spoons restaurant is outstanding, food is excellent, service is good, even their menu is different, the seating area is magnificient specially the outdoor area, good for special occasion. expensive but worth it.

Room Tip: I did not see the rooms only restaurant and bar lounge
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Was in London for work for a few days and opted to stay once again at the Sanderson. So glad I did. Their service is always excellent, especially the concierge staff. They have a great gym and spa to decompress after a long flight or for a good work out. They upgraded me to a terrace room, absolutely stunning and LOVED it. Very quiet, great light, and very private. I always love to grab a drink at the Purple Bar and Raphael was fantastic, super personable and a great staff member.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the Terrace level they are fantastic!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My girlfriend surprised me with a trip to the Sanderson for my Birthday and we both thought the place was amazing. My girlfriend had e-mailed the hotel prior to our arrival to see if they could do anything special because it was my birthday. Upon arrival we were told the fantastic news that we were being upgraded to a loft apartment room and also there was a bottle of champagne and cupcakes for us in the room!
The room itself was like no hotel room I've stayed in before, it was all open plan with a huge bed in the middle and just a kind of glass partition dividing the bathroom area which had a massive stand alone bath in it.
As for the hotel itself it has a very cool, modern feel to it with lots of different quirky pieces of furniture dotted about the place. The long bar is a great place to hang out for a few cocktails and to mingle with a cool crowd however be prepared to pay high end London prices (bottle of water was £5!). There is also the purple bar which is a lot smaller and gets busy at night so you might not get space space for a table to sit at. Also there is nice lounge area with a pool table which is overlooked by a massive stained glass window and a spiral staircase that takes you up to the first floor.
Overall, a really classy, cool place but be prepared to pay more than normal for this.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade in advance if you have a special occasion and you might just get one like us!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent Morgan property with newly renovated rooms .Very spacious rooms and quite nicely decorated. Very cool lobby bar with tons of room. The staff is exceptionally cordial. The location is also good next to great clubs and restearunts.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here 4 nights before heading to Belgium for the white sensations party and the staff were absolutely ON POINT the spa was great and the the Purple bar out of this world!! would highly recommend staying at this property anytime your in London, The concierge helped me extend my flight and was very Knowledgeable of the surroundings.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Grant C, Hotel Manager at Sanderson London Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your amazing review, it is always a pleasure to read such fabulous feedback. I am delighted that all our team here helped to make your stay so special as supreme service is our highest priority. We look forward to your next visit to London as we would love to welcome you back for another memorable stay at Sanderson. When you have a date in mind to return please let us know by getting in touch with paris.barati@mhgc.com.

Been to Sanderson London Hotel? Share your experiences!