“too trendy for me / not enough amenities” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #103 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Brussels, Belgium
“too trendy for me / not enough amenities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here for two nights on a recent business trip.
Pros:
- efficient service (adapter, tea service brought promptly)
- Malin & Goetz toiletries
- comfortable bed
- modern, cool decor - including a cute mini-couch built into my window sill
- very close to Oxford Street
- close to the Theatre district
- free wifi in the room for up to 3 devices (this really should be standard anyway, but sometimes you have weird experiences with hotels that want to charge you for this, and on a by-device basis - e.g., Marriott!)

Cons:
- very loud (music at night, noises in the hallway and next door)
- limited room service menu and everything is very expensive
- no storage space in the room at all
- I was alone, but if you are sensitive about stuff like this, you may not like the fact that the shower and the bathroom are all glass and separated from the main room with just a curtain
- no iPod docking station
- no pool

Room Tip: away from the elevator? But on the other hand, mine is away, but I am now hearing lots of noise down...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel is located in the middle of everything so if you want to do some shopping clubbing go out for dinner its minutes away from Oxford Street. The hotel is very hip ... The reception staff matt and Jesus are really helpful and accommodating.

The room is spacious and nicely decorated.

The spa is great we had an aromatherapy massage the spa layout is very cool the only down side is that there are no walls (curtains) and you can hear people walking outside walking on the wooden floors. Kristina and Katie Marta and Adam from the spa were all helpful and welcoming.

We had breakfast and it was great the eggs Benedict was one of the best I had in London.

Overall we have enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My company booked me here and when I walked in the front door it was clear why. This place makes trendy New York hotels look pedestrian. Wow, just wow. I walked in and the front desk staff was very friendly, making me feel like I mattered (despite my discounted corporate rate). The room - when I walked in to find myself surrounded by sheer white curtains I felt like I was in a Madonna video. An excellent experience from check in to check out I would recommend the Sanderson to anyone. Already fancy and you'll love it. Wanting to be fancy for a weekend and this is your place. Bring your most trendy attire and an attitude with it!

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a fantastic hotel! The location is just perfect for going shopping, clubbing or going sightseeing. Less than 5 minutes to Oxford street was perfect for us.

From the minute we arrived as a group of girls over to London for a shopping weekend we were not disappointed.

The staff could not do enough to ensure we felt welcome. We had amazing cocktails at the long bar on our first night and the place was buzzing with activity.
The superior double double rooms were fab with wonderful comfy beds and the glass cube for the bathroom was a real quirky addition. The only minor problem in the bathroom was that the taps on the sink were virtually impossible to turn off with wet hands.

The décor is very tasteful especially down in the foyer.There is a real sense of peace and tranquillity in the corridors of the hotel with the dark lighting and the matching floor and wall colours.

Something that cannot go without mentioning is the amazing 5* breakfast - it was scrummy!! wow!! From an English breakfast to Eggs Benedict no one was disappointed in our group.

Last by no means least I need to mention Jon D for the care and attention he showed us and made sure we were looked after from the minute we arrived to closing the door of the cab when we were leaving.
Thank you so much and next time I better bring my husband for the fantastic 5* experience. :)

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Love this hotel!

Took my mum and better half for Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea. Greg looked after us and made us feel special. The atmosphere was made better enjoying the experience outside in the Chinese garden with the sun shining

The whole hotel including the rooms and the pool table room have something different to other hotels. It's an adventure all in one.

Definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay over the weekend!

Stayed September 2014
New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at the Sanderson hotel many times on business trips to London. I keep coming back to the Sanderson, despite having many other very nice options, because:
- I love the bed, it's so comfortable!
-The location is fantastic, a short walk to my office, right around the corner from Oxford street
-The spa is fantastic
-The room service food is great!
-The staff have a great customer service approach

A couple of things minor complaints:
-Much as I acknowledge my love for partying (and the bar here is great) I don't want to hear drunk people running down the halls at 2am midweek giggling loudly (only happened on one occasion so no big deal)
-The taps to the sink are smooth and perfectly cylindrical, making it virtually impossible to turn off the tap with wet hands - rather a small problem, but still!

All in all, I thoroughly enjoy every stay at the Sanderson.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

From the minute we arrived for our anniversary weekend the staff bent over backwards for us. I have stayed in many hotels and I can honestly say that Sanderson is the best. Can't say enough good things. Wonderfully comfy bed, best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel and the spa is fabulous. Had one of the best massages of my life from Jonathan. To top it all off I briefly mentioned that we were there for our anniversary and when we returned to our room after being out for the afternoon there was a chilled bottle of wine and a handwritten note. Can't wait to come back. It's worth every penny.

• Stayed November 2014
Grant C, Hotel Manager at Sanderson London Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am delighted you felt so special at Sanderson as the whole team here are passionate about creating the best possible experiences for our guests. To read that you enjoyed so much about Sanderson is incredibly rewarding and Jonathan in particular will be so pleased that he gave you one of the best massages of your life!

I hope you have the opportunity to come back for another unforgettable experience soon, when you are planning to visit please get in touch with kris.rajski@mhgc.com so he can personally oversee your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sanderson.

Been to Sanderson London Hotel? Share your experiences!