“A Great place to Stay in London” 5 of 5 stars

Sanderson London Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Berners Street, London W1T 3NG, England   |
Ranked #122 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“A Great place to Stay in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

If fairness not the first time we've stayed here but for NYE 2012 we decided to take advantage of their New Years Package which included a room, a chilled bottle of champagne, entry to the private party, complimentry glass of champagne on arrival to the party and a late check out with breakfast/brunch served until 3pm!

On arrival we were met by the doorman who caleted parked our car and then were escorted to reception where we were we met by two stunning and very charming young laides who checked us in, welcomed us again (nice touch) and then told us we'd be given a free room upgrade.

The party, held in the Long Bar was well attended (but not so busy it was uncomfortable) and well organised. The staff, particularly the bar staff, were excellent and they seemed to be enjoying the evening as much as we were which only added to the experience (at one point the bar manager jumped up on the bar and started dancing much to the delight of the crowd). The hotel had Marina & The Diamonds doing a live set which was also well planned and executed (sound quality was superb).

The following morning (well it was more like midday after a 3am finish!) we went down for brunch and had the most delightful omlette before eventually checking out and heading hom.

A NYE to remember for all the right reasons

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin R, General Manager at Sanderson London Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
We’re so pleased that you chose to celebrate New Year with us and even more delighted that you had such a memorable start to 2013. Thank you for the great comments – it’s true, we do love to not only create the party but also be part of it, especially on such special occasions. We look forward to welcoming you back for another night to remember and please let us know when you are returning so that we may oversee your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My check in was a bit messed up really which wasn't a good start at all the girl at front desk seemed a bit ditsy and with it being NYE the vibe was a bit too casual for my liking.
Though the hotel had a fantastic vibe once i had got to the bar and my room.
I would reccomend this hotel for any young couple, great cocktails, cool and friendly staff and such good hospitality (when there not too busy)

Great value for money we stayed in the loft suite and were given a discount as we booked on same date, though didnt like the fact that internet wasn't included.

Afternoon tea was very nice sweet and tasty, spa was the bomb so idyllic
Much better than other hotels i have stayed in London.

Staff are friendly and good looking-which is a bonus :)

Room Tip: the rooms are small.... so if your willing to pay for a suite, i would definately advise this .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Melissa, for your lovely comments on so many elements of the hotel. Whilst it is disappointing to note that the initial welcome did not create the right ‘wow’ factor, it is good to know that you enjoyed the service, the cocktails and the room. We’d love to welcome you back during 2013 and our website has descriptions and images of all room types, including sizes, as well as promotions and packages. Please do let us know when you have a reservation in place so that we may ensure another memorable guest experience.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here and I must say that I did not really perceive any of the complaints from some of the other reviewers. The rooms were stylish and modern and typifies the style of the whole hotel. This is not a hotel for those that like to stay somewhere grand and traditional but more for those open to a fun, trendy hotel in a great location just off Oxford St. It is NOT cheap by any means, and nor is the restaurant and bar but to be expected in a place like this.

What I liked:
* trendy stylish rooms, love the minimalist but modern style
* purple bar with billiards table for guests only
* unlike others, I thought staff were friendly and helpful throughout. I thought the restaurant staff were particularly to be commended
* great restaurant - the malaysian food and portions are a good choice for lunch
* treadmill in my room which I didnt book!
* great location for shopping

What I didnt like:
* ok, the prices are a bit high, including in the restaurant and room service but not anything more than many other hotels in London
* my room faced the courtyard which played music until late on most nights. Not an issue for me on this trip but could be if I were staying here on business
* I felt a bit let down by the Long Bar - it had been built up in my mind and I really didn't sense anything special there. It was a bit quiet (maybe due to the time of the year), and didn't really feel I was going into anywhere more than a slightly cooler hotel bar.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Sanderson. We are very proud of our unique style and design and whilst we would not compare ourselves to more traditional design hotels, we are passionate about traditional attentive service, albeit in a more friendly, fun and original manner. We hope you have an opportunity to visit London again before too long, please let us know when you are back to stay with us so that we can oversee your return, including room allocation.
Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I wouldn't change anything to this beautiful hotel...rooms are cosy and comfy, staff is friendly, bar is trendy....and just 2 minutes to Oxford Street!
My favorite hotel in town, I Definitely recommend it

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We’re thrilled to know that we are your favourite hotel – such perfect comments make our spirits soar and we can’t wait to welcome you again, please do let us know when you’re next staying so that we can oversee another perfect stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I can't tell you how special yesterday's spa was for my little sister and I. The therapists were fantastically experienced and made us feel very relaxed so I knew we were in for a real treat. I personally look forward to coming back for a regular treatment with Elena.
Thanks again and Happy New Year to you all at Agua

• Stayed December 2012
Kevin R, General Manager at Sanderson London Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on agua, our urban spa, and we’re delighted that Elena created such a memorable experience for you and your sister. We can’t wait to welcome you back during 2013!
stevenage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This hotel is the sort of hotel that you dream of. Every aspect is spot on. Each member of staff from cleaners to reception desk all have a very personable approach.You feel very valued as a guest. The lady at reception even offered us a glass of champagne as we were a bit stressed on arrival. Almost immediatly setting us up with the service personality that this hotel is renowned for.The room has great aspects of design elements, from net curtains to the lighting. A very exhilarating shower with interesting shower products like vitamin b6 and peppermint gels.The bed is the most confortable hotel bed I've slept in with a duvet that keeps you warm without being to heavy.The hotel lift is surreal and arriving at the Purple bar there is a vast array of cocktails and again the barmen are super interested in making the best cocktails for you in the alice in wonderland atmosphere.
So glad to have had a chance to stay here. And can't wait to go back again.
It excelled in all my expectations and made a great Christmas present for us.

Room Tip: Ideal for visiting Noho and Soho.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Sharon, for such wonderful comments, it’s so lovely to know that you had a sublime stay with us and we can’t wait to welcome you back in 2013. Please let us know when you are next staying so we can ensure another ‘dream come true’ experience.
cirencester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is by far my favourite hotel in London. The staff are exceptionally friendly and its great value for money. The Long Bar serves the best Apple Martinis - love it. The location is perfect, food excellent. I cant think of anything negative to say...

Room Tip: The Loft suites are the best value for money.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
It’s always lovely to read positive comments and thank you so much for the amazing feedback. We have a wonderful mixology team who love to create some incredible cocktails and we look forward to continuing to welcome you for an Apple Martini or two during 2013. Please let us know whenever you are staying so that we can oversee your reservations.

Been to Sanderson London Hotel? Share your experiences!