“Superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Halkin by COMO

You added The Halkin by COMO to your Saves list
The Halkin by COMO
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Halkin St., Belgravia, London SW1X 7DJ, England (Belgravia)   |
Special Price
Stay 3 Nights, Pay for 2
Ranked #21 of 1,049 Hotels in London
hereford
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

Just returned from a weekend break in London with my better half to celebrate her birthday. All I can say is that the complete experience was first class. Just as you'd expect from a top London Hotel. I was in contact with the head of concierge before our stay (Stefano Trovo) He was so accommodating to my needs. He sent me numerous emails on request detailing limo hire, restaurants, where to park etc. When we arrived we were greeted with smiling, friendly, helpful staff. We had been given a free upgrade to a suite which was apparently one of their best rooms. Our room was not quite ready so we were treated to complementary green tea with silver service. Luggage was already delivered and unpacked in our rooms by the time we were shown in. The room was superb, very stylish, very modern, and very comfortable. Everything you could ever need was provided. From 40" Sony Bravia to slippers & bathrobe. All mod cons, air con, digitally controlled along with lights etc. Sony home entertainment system, Como grooming products, black and white marble bathroom, fully loaded mini bar along with crisps, nuts & jelly bellys, complementary bottled water.....the list goes on! The room was that good that we didn't want to leave it. The benchmark test for me for a good hotel is the quality of their club sandwich! After a quality night out at the theatre/cocktail bar we arrived back at hotel. Ordered room service at 2:30am, polite gentleman took my order. 15mins later waiter arrived with silver service again along with possibly the best club sandwich I ever tasted. Seriously, I can’t say enough about how much my girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay. The worst thing about it was leaving! The only downside for people staying in the week would be the lack of a hotel car par. You can park in the street but only for 4hrs max. All in all a quality experience not to be missed. Yes it’s pricey but you get what you pay for. To see the look on my girlfriends face when we were shown round was well....priceless. Needless to say a birthday weekend to remember. Hope this is useful to somebody. I would whole heartedly recommend this place to anybody. We are already looking to book one of their sister hotels in Bangkok for xmas/new year.
Glyn & Ally - Midlands

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
SimonWakefield, General Manager at The Halkin by COMO, responded to this review, January 7, 2014

Simon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

A friend and I enjoyed a 1 night stay here, paying £329 for a Belgravia suite.
I'm not sure about its value for money, but it was certainly the nicest hotel I've stayed at in London.
The location is central yet quiet, rooms swish without being chintzy.
The day rooms if anything were a little too quiet, not so good for people watching.
The hotel is opposite the Caledonia Club which caters for weddings etc and caused a major noise nuisance until midnight.
Would stay again if someone else was paying..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

First of all I shoud say I have no idea of the cost so cant not make a call on its value for money. All I can say is that from the moment we stepped out of the cab and the bags were taken from our hands it was a lovely albeit short stay. Very calm and peaceful . Contemporary design with an Asian feel, slightly bland in places but not an issue obviously. Elisabeth on reception was quiet charming and (as it was our wedding anniversary) upgraded us to a Belgravia Suite which was a great size and the bathroom huge. (bigger that some of the travellers photos Ive seen posted). Lovely toiletries and some wonderful lavender scented bath salts! We were also given two complimentary glasses of champagne. I can not fault the room in anyway nor the service. We did not eat or drink there but did take breakfast and again the service was exemplary and menu broad as you would expect in this calibre of hotel.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

Arriving into the Halkin is a moment in itself, as soon as you walk in you know youve come somwhere special.It's in the heart of one of the nicest places in London. I took my girlfriend for her 21st and it didnt dissapoint. I ordered a bottle of champagne to our amazing room on arrival and it was up within seconds. With a flat screen TV with all sky channels and a great big bath in the bathroom i was listening to sky sports via the amazing speakers in the bathroom.
The restaurant in the hotel "Nahm" which has a michelin star, is out of this world, being a lover of Thai food i was very very impressed and never eaten Thai like it (apart from in thailand) you will simply not regret staying here and eating in Nahm, i know its pricey, but we all have got to splash out every once in a while havent we?
Outstanding

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

Weiden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

For a three-day-trip to London we decided to stay at the Halkin Hotel. The main reason was its "Nahm"-Restaurant, which Thai food is a class of its own and worth the visit.
The hotal itself is in a quiet sideroad of Belgravia with a short walking distance to Hyde Park, the Palace and Knightsbridge and the City. The location seems nearly perfect to us.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms are not as spacius or stylish as you might exspect from the pictures, but they are very fine with a huge bathroom.
The breakfast takes place in the restaurant, all will be served, you will not have to go to a boring buffet - the quality of the food is superb.
We suggest the limousineservice from the airport - its just 50% more expensive than taxi, but the ride with a Mercedes S is worth the fun.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

South East UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

Had a wonderful stay at the Halkin (midweek). I booked the hotel dirrectly and the reservation staff were very helpful and friendly. My partner and I arrived after work, checked in and was shown around the Balgravia suite, a lovely upgrade. Room was spacious without being cavernous, chic but functional. We did not have dinner at the Thai restaurant (I have eaten there before and enjoyed the experience- dont go expecting traditional Thai food) Breakfast in the morning was very nice, all that you expect it should be. The Hotel is just off a very busy part of London but once you turn down the street the hotel is on its becomes a lot quieter. The hotel and its staff have a lot of charm and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who requires a little class.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

I stayed at The Halkin while traveling on business to London. It was the perfect hotel for my needs as a single traveler, I loved the sense of security I felt while at The Halkin. The location was excellent, very close to all of my business meetings and near enough to the sites of London too.

I had one of the best meals ever at Nahm. If you have the time, be sure to vist the Nahm, you will be glad that you did. I understand that the Fitness Center is new, and it felt that way with the lastest cardio equipment.

I will certainly be returning to The Halkin on my next trip to London

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Simon

Been to The Halkin by COMO? Share your experiences!