“Fantastic Freebie!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Halkin by COMO

You added The Halkin by COMO to your Saves list
The Halkin by COMO
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Halkin St., Belgravia, London SW1X 7DJ, England (Belgravia)   |
Special Price
Stay 3 Nights, Pay for 2
Ranked #21 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Freebie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was lucky enough to win a night's stay at The Halkin. We arrived an hour prior to check in but were pleasantly surprised when we were greeted and taken to our room. Wow! Our room had lovely decor, was quiet and very clean. The bathroom was stunning, stocked with their own brand of toiletries. The bed was extremely comfortable and the linens were beautiful. Fantastic location. Also lucky enough to dine in the hotel's Michelin star restaurant which was an great experience!!
Overall, if you are lucky enough to afford a stay in a place like this, or decide to indulge in a treat, do it - you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Andrew T, Manager at The Halkin by COMO, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you very much indeed for your terrific comments following your recent stay at The Halkin by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us so much. I am also very pleased indeed to hear that you had had the opportunity to dine in Ametsa and your recommendation is very much appreciated. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team at the hotel.

Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed in many luxury hotels in London and The Halkin impressed me on various fronts. First is the wonderful and professional staff that manage the hotel: they are detail-oriented and make you feel immediately at ease.

The second is how a centrally-located hotel can be so peaceful and quiet. My wife and I enjoyed the secluded nature of our room and had a great quality sleep that helped to recover from all the walking around.

The Halkin has become our preferred London hotel and we are certain we will return in the future. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at The Halkin by COMO, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your lovely comments following your stay at The Halkin by COMO. It is terrific to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that you enjoyed our location and room. It is also particularly pleasing to hear your comments about the service that you received from the team at the hotel. It is often the staff that leave the longest impression on our guests so it is wonderful to hear that they really made a difference for you. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Please do let me know when you are planning your next London visit as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation myself.

Silicon Valley, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

Im really not clear why this hotel is so overrated. frankly, I wish I had read something like this before relying entirley on Trip Advisor so as such I feel obligated to share. Im sure mgt from the hotel will respond and tell me that these were all isolated incidents, or how this is viewed differently by both internal and external folks, but none the less this is was my experience. As a result I will not stay here again.

I travel to London often (2-3x per year) for business and pleasure and have been loyal to another couple hotels for the past 8 years. When traveling with friends this time we looked at Trip Advisor and decided to try Halkin since it was so highly rated. Quite a few disappointments. the rooms, while nice are not sound proof - I could hear every other door on my floor open, every elevator ping, every service entrance with a banging room service cart going through it. the staff were condescending and ironically, not a single brit among them which felt like it fueled customer service challenges. Also, despite leaving my "do not disturb" light on outside my door (so I could sleep in recovering from jet lag), housecleaning came in anyway and woke me - all three days I was there!! While the hotel has a Michelin star restaurant, the food and wine in the hotel bar is horrible. Only spanish wines and odd tapas food. Somehow they have a 5 star rating but there is no spa, and the gym is a converted small room in the basement w a few machines in it, certainly nothing special. And the price is about 40% more than its worth, comparable hotels are substantially less - I paid $600+/night and this should be $350 tops... lastly, I was traveling with friends who actually walked out of the hotel just to stay somewhere else after they were mistreated and then harassed for complaining to mgt about it. This is simply no where near the high end quality and services its marketed as.....

Room Tip: as for a room away from elevators and service doors as it can be very loud/disturbing.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Andrew T, Manager at The Halkin by COMO, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Further to my recent direct message to you I wanted to thank you for your comments following your recent stay. I am very sorry indeed to hear that you were disappointed with your overall experience with us. All guest feedback is taken immensely seriously so we can review and continuously improve the guest experience at the hotel. I remain at your disposal should you wish to discuss this further with me.

I would also very much appreciate the opportunity to restore faith and I hope that you will contact me prior to your next London visit. I would be delighted to look after your booking personally and I will ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

Close enough to the buzz but tucked away in a quiet street with an unassuming facade - the perfect intimate London hotel. You won't find bowler hatted greetings and a formal atmosphere but you will find charming, courteous, always friendly staff who all seem to remember your name and how you like to be treated. Headed by the delightful Jarek - who genuinely only ever wants you to have the best experience - you feel a sense of relaxation as you come in from the busy vibe of London. I want smart, efficient & professional service but I don't want stuffiness........The Halkin gives me the experience I want every time I stay. I've given up trying anywhere else.
Bev W

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Andrew T, Manager at The Halkin by COMO, responded to this review, March 16, 2015
Dear Bevw441,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Halkin by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us.

I am also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the service you received throughout your stay, particularly from Jarek. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you. I shall certainly share your comments with everyone at the hotel.

As a regular guest your recommendation is hugely appreciated. Please do let Jarek or I know when you are planning a return visit to London as we would be very pleased indeed to look after your reservation for you and ensure another memorable stay.

We look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

This hotel prizes itself with meticulous attention to detail. Their staff are well mannered and friendly. One cannot expect B&B prices when in fact you have an opportunity to live like a king. The decor and ambience is perfect for the finer things of life.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Bnaicker

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback about your recent stay at the Halkin by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your experience so much.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your arrangements myself and ensure another memorable stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015

I love the Halkin. I have stayed several times while on business and can't speak more highly of it. The detail oriented staff is wonderful. They are thoughtful and remember guest's names. The rooms are classically elegant and spacious. Towels and bathrobes are thick. The addictive amenities are their own blend. I would live here if I could.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Gabriella R,

Thank you very much for your very generous comments following your recent stay at the Halkin by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear how much you continue to value your experiences with us and that you particularly enjoy the service from the team.

As a regular guest your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation myself.

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

We went on a Sunday for afternoon tea. Overall the tea was nice - good selection of tea and the sandwiches were good (a little dry but nice all the same). The best bit were the petit fours!

The tea is served in the bar which was a bit different. There was no-one else there which was nice as we could have a good conversation, but no-one else sat down for tea whilst we were there - maybe it is slightly off the beaten track. Sadly the bar was by the front door, which meant a regular draft.

Service was great and we could have as many sandwiches as we needed.

Overall a good afternoon tea.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Andrew T, General Manager at The Halkin by COMO, responded to this review, February 20, 2015
Dear ChrisPJ86,

Thank you so much for your comments following your recent Afternoon Tea at The Halkin by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you particularly liked the petit fours.

Please contact me directly if you need anything further at all from The Halkin. It would be my pleasure to assist.

Andrew

Been to The Halkin by COMO? Share your experiences!