“Excellent hotel in great location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Halkin by COMO

You added The Halkin by COMO to your Saves list
The Halkin by COMO
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Halkin St., Belgravia, London SW1X 7DJ, England (Belgravia)   |
Special Price
Stay 3 Nights, Pay for 2
Ranked #19 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Excellent hotel in great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at The Halkin on a business trip and found the hotel to be very nice. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are nicely appointed for the business traveler. Great location within an easy walk to many popular locations on the West End of London. I'll be back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SimonWakefield, General Manager at The Halkin by COMO, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Jon C,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback. I am delighted that you had such a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back to The Halkin by COMO soon!

With warm regards,

Simon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Congratulations!
The hotel is amazing: perfect location, very profesional staff and woderful service
We had a woderful stay Our room ( deluxe room) was beautiful and very cosy.
Thank you so much for evrything We enjoyed Our stay and we will be back

• Stayed October 2013
Dear CGALLART,

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay. I am delighted that The Halkin by COMO has exceeded your expectations in so many ways and I am looking very much forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. It was our first visit to London for many years. I did some extensive internet research before deciding on the Halkin. I'm not a fan of English chinz so the modern look of the Halkin plus it's location and the quick, efficient reply to my initial email helped me make the choice.

I do find the costs of accommodation in London and the UK generally to be exorbitant and generally not value for money - and while the Halkin isn't cheap, given the level of service all round, quality of accommodation and fabulous breakfast, it did provide value for money.

As many other reviewers have said, Claudia, the Manager at the front desk was fabulous. She is a real gem and the hotel is lucky to have her. Same goes for the Concierge (Italian?) who assisted us with restaurant suggestions and made the booking on our second night.

We arrived off our flight from Sydney at a ridiculously early time and understandably our room wasn't ready when we arrived at around 8.30am. Claudia however did more than her best to get us into a room - a much better one than the one we'd booked - within 20 minutes. It cannot be underestimated what a great service this was for us.

The room was lovely. Modern, luxurious, quiet with everything you could possibly want.

The location in Belgravia is close to the underground, Knightsbridge, the Palace, parks - the lot.

Would definitely return.

Dear Julie S,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience following your recent stay here at The Halkin by COMO. I am very pleased that you had such a memorable stay and that your arrival experience was so smooth. I will gladly share your comments with the team and look forward to meeting you in person during your next visit.

Best,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is one of the few 'gems' out there that I have never shared with this site for fear it becomes too popular. After many many years of London hotels, this remains my favourite and regular if for no other reason that it has the most comfortable beds in the darkest and quietest rooms of almost any hotel I have stayed in anywere. Room service breakfasts are wonderful, Stefano the concierge who has been standing this position for all the many years I have been staying here is excellent, hospitable, knowledgeable and approachable. The location is right off Belgrave Square, so just perfect. Staff are lovely and I cannot fault them. At the risk of this hotel becoming too popular I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SimonWakefield, General Manager at The Halkin by COMO, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear EmaJayKay,

Thank you so much for your kind words following your recent stay with us here at The Halkin by COMO. I am so pleased that the hotel and its facilities are such a joy for you. Please rest assured that there will always be a place for you here.

Looking forward to meeting you in person during your next stay.

Nantucket, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel was wonderful!!!! Everyone there was extremely accommodating from Claudia at the front desk to Martinez in the bar and Phillipe at the concierge desk. Wish I could remember everyone's names. Intend to return. Treat yourself and book a room here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SimonWakefield, General Manager at The Halkin by COMO, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear RSW-AckFood,

I am delighted that you and your friends had such a great time with us and that my team made you feel so comfortable. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to your new London home!

Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Having just spent 4 days in London at the Halkin Hotel, I can say that I experienced English service at it's finest. The Halkin is a small boutique hotel, fifty some rooms, situated in the heart of west London. The hotel is new and modern. The rooms are impeccable, the staff is professional,
the restaurant first class. When sitting at the bar or having breakfast at the restaurant we never had to sign a tab. They knew who you were. The concierge was not only helpful, but extremely patience with out inquiries and change of plans. When we left we felt that we were leaving long lost cousins. I can not tell how lovely this hotel is. I own a small Inn myself in Carmel California. These people, and this hotel, is an inspiration to all of us in the hospitality business!!!

Dear chris t,

Many thanks for your lovely review following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you had such a delightful stay here at The Halkin by COMO and would like to thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers from around the world.

Looking very much forward to meeting you in person on your next stay!

Warm regards,

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I returned to the Halkin for our second time in a year, having last visited in October 2013. We had some issues with air con and concomitant service, but otherwise we absolutely loved the property. Claudia from the Halkin had been in touch following my mixed review herein, and she absolutely took care of us for our return visit.

We still love the Halkin. We love its location--convenient walking distance to much of the London we like and super convenient Tube access with the Hyde Park Corner stop just a few blocks away. Its location off a side street makes it very quiet, too, feeling more like you're part of the neighborhood rather than in a hotel within it. We love its size--boutique yet with all of the services which we need, including 24 hr room service. (I don't care about spas, but my husband does sometimes.) Most of all, we love its service--it evokes the service we experience most at Aman and the best Four Seasons properties, and that is something to cherish.

For this visit, we were upgraded complimentarily to a COMO Suite with balcony, room 304. We loved it. I had a slight concern about the air con in the bedroom of the suite, but the hotel staff (especially Claudia again) took care of us, offering to move us again and then, upon our declining, offering to hold another suite for us in case we changed our minds later that weekend. Amazing service. It seems that the older part of the hotel has more air con issues for a crazy person like me, so the newer, remodeled side is where we likely will stay on future visits. For most people, I'm sure the air con will be more than sufficient regardless. Ultimately, the air con in the living room worked so well that it helped cool the bedroom eventually--so I was perfectly comfortable for all 3 nights. My only "complaint" would be that the bedspread didn't seem big enough for our king bed...so the hotel replaced it quickly with a slightly bigger spread. Still not truly big enough in my estimation, but then maybe we are too tall (6'2" and 6'5").

We availed ourselves of room service breakfast one morning, and it was sensationally good (and fast again). I had room service lunch one afternoon, and again it was great. We dined at the Ametsa restaurant for dinner on our last evening (see separate review), and we very much enjoyed it--a much needed improvement over the previous occupant, Nahm. Breakfast in the Ametsa space was delightful--though we did have a few service issues, overall the service and food was very good.

The Halkin to me is a perfect hideaway in the bustle of London. It offers all the 5 star touches I love without being too big and impersonal. It has clean chic style while still being very comfortable. And the service is phenomenal. Claudia wasn't even in the hotel on the weekend, and yet I had an email from her checking in with me to make sure things were going well.

The Halkin will be our go-to hotel for sure from now on in London. We highly recommend it and applaud the hotel and Claudia for allowing us such a blissful return! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Room Tip: Try to choose rooms on the newer, remodeled side if you need better air con. Avoid the lower rooms...