“Fabulous Hotel in London” 5 of 5 stars

The Halkin by COMO
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Halkin St., Belgravia, London SW1X 7DJ, England   |
Ranked #12 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous Hotel in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel might be pricey, but it is well worth the money. A king sized bed in an ample-sized room, heated floors and towel bar in bathroom, this hotel had the smaller but finer details that we so appreciated. It was so quiet, we didn't know there were other guests! There are only 41 rooms in this boutique hotel, so it's quaint, private, and a welcome respite from walking the streets of London all day. The staff was so courteous and helpful; Bence, one of the concierges, made us last minute dinner reservations at an awesome Japanese place and also saw to our cabs. Nahm, the Thai restaurant in The Halkin, was absolutely delicious, and drew many diners outside the hotel (it's Michelin-star rated and well deserved!). We would totally stay here again, there are no complaints. Centrally located, within walking distance to many neighborhoods, sites, Tube, and restaurants. Why stay in a crowded, loud touristy hotel when you can stay at The Halkin? Also, for a luxury hotel, this place wasn't over the top and pretentious AT ALL. We passed a few with doormen dressed with white gloves and hats, Bentleys parked outside, etc. While some may love this type of hotel, we wanted a more toned-down experience. And The Halkin more than delivered.

Room Tip: A Superior Room usually has a King Bed. Just double check before you book. Not many hotels in Europe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Claudia C, Front Office Manager at The Halkin by COMO, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback! It is great to receive such great comments and I am pleased that you had such a wonderful stay with us.

Looking forward to seeing you again in the hopefully not too distant future, I send you my warmest regards.

Claudia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

When we arrived, we were met by an enthusiastic receptionist who had doing some hard up-selling. Having already booked the best rooms, the suites were touted and although we declined, we were asked twice whether we wouldn't want to at least take a look at the suites. From that moment we practically had no interaction with the staff and when we did the service was precise and professional with the emphasis on somewhat robotic and exacting efficiency. All requests were met without fail, but the staff seemed dour. The room (45 square meters) was immaculately clean and furnished to a high standard. Room and laundry service were expertly executed. By the third day of walking in and out of the place without being engaged in any way, we concluded that we preferred our usual haunts where staff quirkiness made us laugh and chuckle. Great place for a business trip and people who don't want to be greeted when returning to the place and who are relieved at not having to say goodbye when checking out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. While I am delighted that the room and the hotel facilities have left such a lasting impression, I was certainly most concerned to read about the disappointing encounters you had with the team. Building meaningful and lasting relationships is something we should all focus on and I am sorry that we have missed the opportunity to do so with yourselves during this stay. I truly hope that we will have another chance to welcoming you back nevertheless and I would be delighted to personally assist you in making the necessary arrangements. Please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

With warm regards,

berlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were staying 2 nights at the Halkin hotel. It's in beautiful Belgravia, you can reach everything in walking distance, Nobu at the Metropolitan is 10 mins walking and Selfridges is approx 20 mins walking.
The hotel itself is small, boutique, very classy. The rooms are beautiful, very silent and big. We had a junior suite or sth like that.

Service is great although the concierge was a little lame because he never confirmed restaurant bookings etc- we had to get back to him a couple of times.
And also the internet worked only in one corner of the room, so you had to move to log on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your valued feedback. I am pleased that you overall had a pleasant stay here at The Halkin by COMO. I am sorry that we have let ourselves down on the two aspects you have highlighted. This is certainly not indicative for the usual high service standards we strive for and I would like to reassure you that your feedback has been reviewed accordingly.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Halkin, I remain duly at your service and wish you a nice evening.

With kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for one night on valentine's day and were highly impressed. We stayed in the deluxe room and it was kept to a very high standard, the decor throughout the hotel was fantastic and the technology used as the room controls was brilliant. Being a couple in our very early 20's the staff were very professional toward us and we would highly recommend the hotel, (if it can be afforded as it is a bit hard on the wallet!)

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you very much for your lovely feedback and having taken the time to share your experience. I am very pleased that you had such a memorable stay and would be delighted to personally assist in planning your next visit with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Wishing you a lovely remaining week. Sincerely.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We picked a fantastic few days to visit the Halkin. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed being able to walk to numerous cafes for breakfast, we especially enjoyed the cafe in Hyde Park on the lake that had great breakfast and was a great place for enjoying the late afternoon sun with a glass of wine prior to heading back to the hotel for dinner. We had a room on the top floor and the room and hotel were all very comfortable without being luxurious. Service was attentive without being over the top and we felt like any requests were felt with in a timely fashion. We ate at the Thai restaurant at the hotel one night and enjoyed the overall experience, although having been to Thailand multiple times I did not think that the food was that special. Staying at the Halkin does not come cheap, if you are looking for wow or bling then this is not the hotel for you. If on the other hand you are looking for a well located, well run, well maintained hotel, with good service and friendly and attentive staff then you may want to consider the Halkin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Claudia C, Front Office Manager at The Halkin by COMO, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you very much indeed for your kind words. I am very pleased that you had such a memorable stay with us and remain duly at your service for future stays.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Good location, very spacious rooms, friendly, helpful and speedy service and the ultimate in luxury in a quiet location close to the great tourist attractions of London. Loved the well-equipped, luxurious bathroom with beautiful decor and afternoon tea. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Claudia C, Front Office Manager at The Halkin by COMO, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. I was most pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

With warm regards,

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have stayed at the Halkin twice and I plan to visit again soon. I love small, boutique hotels and this one is fantastic. The location is great, walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Belgrave square with houses all the Embassy's of the world, Hyde and Green Parks and so much more.

What I really like is that the hotel is located on a QUIET residential street. No street noise as so many people complain about in London. It is quite beautiful, very new and updated as well. They offer airport transfer which is great.

They have a very cute lobby bar/tea room, and a very well know Nahm restaurant. It is also walking distance to Amaya, another very well known Indian dining spot and many other cafes. From the moment you arrive, the staff makes you feel very welcome. The check in is seamless and quick, and you are off to your room. Check the hotel site for bookings, they offer many little perks, such as welcome cocktails, and other amenities.

The rooms are very sleek and comfy. As you step off elevator, you don't notice the room doors as they blend in with the decor, very smart! I had a room on the 3rd floor and at the front of the hotel, so street facing. This was great, as it is a beautiful view and you get lots of light. I am not sure what the other rooms face. The rooms are on the small side, at least by American standards, but very well appointment. The bed is WONDERFUL!! Very comfy and king sized beds, which is not always available in Europe. Super soft sheets and great pillows. There is a small desk and guest chairs as well. Nice bathroom, with tub/shower combination, the tub is great for soaking by the way, very deep and large.

The room was so quiet it was hard to believe, I never saw or heard any other guests the entire time I was there, other than than in the lobby of course! I want to note that my room was across from the elevator as well, and still total silence! I ordered room service breakfast, and because of my jet lag, I woke up very early and called down to food. It was so sweet, the young man who answered said the chef's had not yet come in, but he would make my breakfast himself! He was a doll and did a wonderful job,and brought it up within 30 minutes. Wonderful service abounds at the Halkin. I had half a day to relax before my next flight, and I decided to just hang around the hotel, nap and enjoy a soak in the tub and it was heavenly.

Wifi is available in the room, free of charge, a nice welcome drink as mentioned above as well. They are very helpful with restaurant reservations and recommendations, they got me into Amaya, with only an hours notice, which led to a fantastic night.

They provide great bathroom amenities, and also offer in the room extra "spa" type of goodies for a fee. A room safe is provided, mini bar as well as hairdryer, in the room not the bathroom, for some reason, but this seems to be the norm for Europe, not sure why. :) They also provide US and UK power plugs, nice touch.

The hotel website photos are spot on. If you look at the King Double rooms, the photo there is the exact room I got, the view et all. No special effects on the photos, you get what you see.

Love the Halkin!

Room Tip: I love the street side rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your experience. It is an absolute pleasure to receive such great feedback. Please rest assured that we will continue to do our utmost in making every stay at The Halkin as memorable as yours.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next visit. I would be delighted to personally assist you in making your stay with us enjoyable as it can be.

Sincerely yours,

Claudia

Been to The Halkin by COMO? Share your experiences!