First off ,I have to say,we thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at this newly refurbished four seasons.
Service was excellent throughout,from the guys that meet you at the front door through to the reception staff that bring you to your room,the bartenders, and the waiting staff at Amaranto.
It was obvious that the training is excellent in all the staff and they perform their duties with a kind of loving attention that makes you feel you are their only and their favorite guest.
This is excellence as it should be in hospitality and it's good to see.
We highly recommend this hotel for the service alone.
The design of the hotel though looked like it has to cope within the confines of the building.It's very contemporary,modern and lush and in fact youthful,like it's borrowed a little from the style of a W hotel except applied a four seasons touch.
It's not country manor style like many four seasons or Ritz carltons that you may be used to.
It's a little dark and from the front reception down to the bar is quite narrow,making it feel a little pokey.
Amaranto, the main restaurant is is down towards the end of that "hall" containing the bar (for want of a better description) in the conservatory.Here it's much roomier,the food is lovely,not award winning but lovely none the less.
They have an excellent wine list and someone who knows their wines inside out,so a big plus there!
Service at amaranto that evening and again at breakfast was the same as at other areas of the hotel,a ten out of ten earned.
The 10th floor lounge is remarkable for it's views as is the excellently equipped Gym.
If you are staying for a few days,ordering room service breakfast once at this lounge is a must!
Finally,We were in a deluxe room,which is the same size as their premier room.
I have to say I found this disappointingly small.It's bathroom was positively claustrophobic and similar to what you might find in the most basic room at the sofitel heathrow. Thats fine for there but very lacking at a four seasons.
The general wisdom would be to go for the much larger conservatory rooms or a suite all be it at triple the cost or more.
This would be by far the smallest four seasons room we've stayed in and as most people get a room as opposed to a suite,it's disappointing.
I've attached a picture of the bathroom to show how tight the space is.
I'd certainly recommend this hotel to a friend but with the caveats mentioned.
You will be loved here and thats what you want but your room is also a big percentage of the experience which we found here to disappoint.
For that reason,it's up there among my London favorites now but not the favorite,which remains the covent garden hotel over on monmouth street but just by a shade or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Mayfair, set back from Park Lane and just steps away from Hyde Park and Knightsbridge, Four Seasons London at Park Lane captures a unique sense of place with its distinctive parkside location at the finest address in the city. Re-opened in January 2011, following an extensive two year-transformation, the hotel's 193 guest rooms and suites including 46 one, two and three-bedroom suites, many with fireplaces and private terraces, balance eclectic British sophistication with a sleek modern look. Amaranto Restaurant with its own private garden serves up modern Italian cuisine. The Amaranto Bar with its distinctive British clubby feel offers an ecclectic cocktail menu while Amaranto Lounge makes for the ideal spot for Traditional Afternoon Tea. The Spa at Four Seasons is a 10th floor rooftop retreat with nine treatment rooms, each benefitting from their own individual relaxation pod, and with an extensive treatment room. The Fitness Centre offers sweeping views across the city and features state-of-the-art cardio and weight training equipment. The hotel also has nine banquet and private dining rooms, most with natural light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Amex, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel London At Park Lane
- Four Seasons Hotel London At Park Lane England
- Four Seasons London
- London Four Seasons