“beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 1,065 Hotels in London
cornwall
“beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

An exceptional experience. You do not need to be a millionaire to welcomed in this hotel. The staff were fantastic from the minute you are welcomed at the door to the minute your luggage is placed in your taxi for your journey home. The rooms are luxurious and immaculately clean. Food very nice all provided with excellent service. This stay was for a special occasion and I feel my hard earned money has been well spent.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay at The Dorchester.

I was pleased to read your kind comments regarding our staff and the excellent service you received. I can assure you that I will be sharing these with the team, your feedback is very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the very near future.

Executive Assistant Manager, Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stayed there this weekend, had a great time, as expected. room and service were perfect. If you want a luxury stay in London you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback.

I was extremely pleased to read your kind comments after your recent stay at The Dorchester and I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be luxurious, your feedback is very much appreciated.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Great stay at the hotel. The rooms, while not large, were perfectly adequate in size and the beds and pillows were just divine. It was also very quiet which makes sleeping much easier. The valet parking was very quick. We ate in the Grill which while excellent, was quite expensive, but I guess what else would I expect from The Dorchester? The food was divine, so it was worth it. It was walking distance to shopping on Bond Street, Regent Street and also Oxford Street. Check in and out was quick for us, though at other times I saw that there were queues. The concierge was also very helpful in recommending a great Italian restaurant on our first night, and also making the booking for us.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Dear Guets,

I was very pleased to read your kind comments, your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you I will be sharing this with the team.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Our Stay at the Dorchester was pleasent but nothing more. Our Suite was actually 2 rooms put together which felt outdated and very old.. They had 2 bathrooms.....That was a disapointment as well.
Found the gym very small and claustrophobic. The breakfast in the gallery was quite pleasent. All in all it was nothing special and I would not return.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay at The Dorchester.

I was sorry to read that your expectations were not met and I would like to reassure you that we will be looking into your experience in order to maintain our usual high levels of service. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and that we can look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the very near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Firstly i will start by highlighting that i frequent 5* hotels around the world on a daily basis.
The Dorchester has always been a dream, but in my humble opinion i was left somewhat disappointed.
I am a believer in 110% from hotels at this end of the market, i believe in feeling comfortable in your surroundings and being greeted with a smile come rain or shine.

We were shown to our room, which is fine, but then we were quizzed by our guide on "which type of light switch we prefer, dimmer switches or pre-set modes"...all very peculiar.
I had pre-ordered champagne for the room (as i always do) only for the door to knock/ring on a further 3 occasions with 3 more bottles of champagne, when in all honesty all we really wanted at the time was some privacy.
At no point when we were in our rooms did we spend more than 15 minutes without a call from the front desk asking if everything was OK or the door knocking.
All in all, I had a pleasant stay, some good champagne, and a good nights sleep before our car arrived early morning to take us to the airport....but in all honesty, I would rather spend my money at the Lanesborough.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Dear Guest,

I was very happy to read that you had a pleasant stay and a good nights sleep, however I am very sorry to hear that on this occasion you felt your experience was somewhat disappointing. This is certainly not at all indicative of our usual levels of service excellence.

Please accept my sincere apologies, I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to live up to our usual expectations and we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Hotel is beautiful, stunning and elegant. Staff were as expected but oh dear, bar manager let the rest of the staff down. While waiting for client and enjoying a quiet chat with the barman the(presumed) bar manager walked past, seemed pleasant, smiled and then he heard i had northern accent. His attittude turned unpleasant, even making the nice barman uncomfortable and i decided to spend my companies money elsewhere rather than embarrass my client. I really do hope he was just having a bad day and this is not normal.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Did not stay at this hotel so cannot rate rooms or sleep quality. I went to meet up with friends and family. Very good lunch, excellent service and beautiful surroundings, very peaceful inside the hotel lobby (considering we are in central London). Food good quality and really enjoyed myself whilst there. Would certain like the opportunity of going there again for lunch or afternoon tea! My mum who is 87 yrs old really loved it! Value for money is pricey but probably worth it for a special occasion, very clean throughout the reception, lobby and restaurant. Wine waiter was particularly helpful in choosing the right wine for the right meal choice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to The Dorchester.

We are so pleased to hear that you and your friends and family enjoyed your visit. It is always our aim at The Dorchester to exceed our guests’ expectations and we will be sure to pass on your very kind comments to the rest of the team.

We will of course endeavour to provide another memorable experience on your next visit.

Kind Regards

Renaud Gregoire
Director of Food and Beverage

Been to The Dorchester? Share your experiences!