we paid over £300 for a night at the dorchester, the hotel is amazing you feel very special.The staff were most polite on the front desk and altho we were early found us a room already at no extra cost. The hotel is luxuary in every way form marble bathrooms to £80 bath robes ( take the free slippers instead!) however i went shopping in selfridges and purchased items one of which was a handbag, not being able to wait i unwrapped my bag and left the cloth bag along with tissue paper in the large selfridges bag and placed it with all my other shopping in the corner of the room and went to the 99 comedy club. when i returned some later hours i went to put my new bag away and the selfridges bag along with cloth bag and tissue paper had gone,i rung house keeping who were sent bin diving to find it but didnt understand i wanted the cloth bag they kept comming up with selfridges bags. In the end it all got silly and we said not to bother as at this point we had found out staff were trawling through bins. The dorchester didnt seem fussed and explained it was all rubbish i kept explaining it wasnt and this made me angry that they had gone through my shopping and thrown items away. If it had of been rubbish i would have put it by the bins but the fact it was with all my other shopping i would've thought i made it clear it wasnt rubbish?
upon my return home i was sent a letter stating they had taken the liberty of charging the mini bar to my card furious that i had not had anything from the mini bar i contacted the manager who i the end refunded me.
Now what bothers me are the staff , if my items were thrown out and then i am charged for a mini bar i did not use items such as champange! i really do wonder about the house keeping!
The hotel was wonderful and yes i would recommend it but at the same time i would say put your belongings away and ask for the mini bar to be emptied on arrival if you have no plans to use it.
- Also Known As:
- The Dorchester Hotel
- The Dorchester Hotel London
- Dorchester Hotel London
- Dorchester London
- The Dorchester London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dorchester occupies the most prestigious acre and a half of real estate in the world, in the heart of Mayfair overlooking the glorious green expanse of Hyde Park. The preferred hotel of British society, The Dorchester embodies the highest service values whilst its design and character exude 1930s glamour with a contemporary edge. Prized for its spacious and beautifully designed rooms and suites, The Dorchester’s restaurants and bars - Alain Ducasse, China Tang, The Grill and The Promenade – also attract Londoners and the glitterati alike. The Dorchester Spa was recently transformed to create the most desirable and indulgent pampering destination in London with a uniquely named Spatisserie for tea and cake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Dorchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.