“Great British institution” 5 of 5 stars

Winter 3 for 2
Ranked #41 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Great British institution”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My wife and I stayed as part of my employer Christmas party. The service was excellent all round, it makes you proud to be British. My wife was born in Brunei and pleaded to hear that the sultan still owns the hotel - very enjoyable

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Is there any better place to be on Xmas eve? There can't be many better!.. Impeccable service, room, hospitality etc etc.. I think we'll have to make this an annual tradition! Also dined in china tang restaurant which was great... TIP: Due to us booking the day prior, we didn't get breakfast included: Try and avoid this because it cost us £80 for two, which was a cost we could have avoided if we'd have been smarter on booking. Nevertheless a spotless experience

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenback
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

As part of of christmas trip we stayed here for 4 nights. The concierge team was extremely helpful with ideas for escaping christmas shoppers, getting last minute dinner reservations etc. All staff gave friendly helpful service. This hotel sets the bar extremely high for others. Our room was remarkably quiet, a great escape from the london noise.
Dining, an adventure, from the burgers in the bar to Alain ducasse 3 Michelin star restaurant. Although expensive we felt it well worth it, and are looking forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Berkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

A second time of having lunch at their top restaurant in the Hotel. A lovely venue throughout, an interesting range of dishes which are fairly reasonably priced for their quality. The wine list of course is rather expensive (understatement) but only to be expected. Service all excellent, although things became a little tense when a second bottle of £250 wine was returned as having a significantly different nose to the prior bottle (which we still had as a comparison to show). Anyway, that aside, all lovely and a very enjoyable lunch, with the staff being very accommodating when it ran into early evening!

Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Spectacular, friendly, great service, great food. I love the grand old London hotels and The Dorchester is among the very best. The staff were fantastic and were all really enjoying their jobs with smiles on their faces. Great to see. Our car was parked for us and they even took care of the congestion charge. Nice 'Christmassy' feel to the place too. This is NOT the cheap end of the market but if you want yo treat yourselves I'd defiantly recommend this hotel, well worth it. First class.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Jamie M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The Dorchester. I was delighted to hear that that you consider our hotel to be among the best in London, and enjoyed the atmosphere that we have created for the festive season. I will be sure to pass on your kind words about the service to our staff, as I know they take great pride in making every guest feel welcome. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to The Dorchester in the not too distant future.

Roland Fasel,
Regional Director, UK and General Manager, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection
bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We just loved every single second of our stay, what a fantastic weekend,
We hadn't been for about ten years, so where should we go to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, where else? THE DORCHESTER, Park Lane It's not possible to do anything but to relax and be pampered by a wonderful team, from the moment you arrive, until we left, nothing was to much trouble What fantastic service with a team who all seem to perform their duties expertly and quietly with true diligence and style. From the moment you drive up to the entrance, you know why this hotel is one of the top hotels in the world it's a totally luxurious experience. Our room was huge, with an enormous bathroom, dressing room, and so quiet for the centre of London we slept in silence all night long, the bed was so comfortable we could have stayed forever.
This is a truly a wonderful place to stay in fact my favourite trip to date WE WILL RETURN SOON!
Top tip make sure you book your dinner reservation well in advance as All the restaurants are very popular and always booked up.
Top top Tip The sister hotel in Milan (Hotel Principe di Savoia ) was as nice with fantastic service as well.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Roland_Fasel, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to hear that you chose to return to The Dorchester for your wedding anniversary and that you had a fantastic weekend. Rest assured I will pass your comments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Roland Fasel
Regional Director, UK and General Manager
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've wanted to stay here since I had dinner in 1978! And it not only lived up to but exceeded my expectations from the moment I stepped out of the taxi until the moment 2 days later, when I regretfully left for the next stage of my holiday. The service was exceptional without being 'smarmy', and the food both at Alain Ducasse and China Tang utterly blew me away. As did the hot chocolate from Room Service when I finally succumbed to my jet lag. Lovely comfy bed too. I'm coming back! I guess the only thing missing was a kettle, but I suppose Dorchester guests are too posh to pour!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear SarahKingsbury

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am pleased that we managed to exceed your expectations and I would be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Dorchester in the near future.

Roland Fasel
Regional Director, UK and General Manager

Been to The Dorchester? Share your experiences!