My wife and I stayed at the Dorchester on Saturday, 22 December 2012 for the first time. We have in the past stayed at many hotels in London from the Savoy (our favourite prior to refurbishment), Claridges through the many Hiltons to some quite ordinary ones.
I have to say that based on our experience, the Dorchester was quite exceptional. From arrival, through check-in to our first drink in the bar, we found the staff to be totally focused on our well-being.
Our room was big and comfortable, spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated.
Breakfast the following day was a pleasure.
My only regret was that we did not dine at the Dorchester but rather made the mistake of eating at Langan's Brasserie off Piccadilly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dorchester occupies the most prestigious acre and a half of real estate in the world, in the heart of Mayfair overlooking the glorious green expanse of Hyde Park. The preferred hotel of British society, The Dorchester embodies the highest service values whilst its design and character exude 1930s glamour with a contemporary edge. Prized for its spacious and beautifully designed rooms and suites, The Dorchester’s restaurants and bars - Alain Ducasse, China Tang, The Grill and The Promenade – also attract Londoners and the glitterati alike. The Dorchester Spa was recently transformed to create the most desirable and indulgent pampering destination in London with a uniquely named Spatisserie for tea and cake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your The Dorchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dorchester Hotel London
- Dorchester Hotel London
- Dorchester London
- The Dorchester London, England