“Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Sydney
“Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Delightful hotel, utterly charming, fantastic service, ultra comfy beds, very soundproof rooms, lovely marble bathrooms and a real sense of christmas cheer. You are really made to feel part of a special Dorchester family. Would definitely stay again. We also dined at the Alain Ducasse restaurant. Superb.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
thedorchester, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you! I am happy to hear that you and your family were pleased with your stay at The Dorchester. We certainly do enjoy the festive season and were happy to have you as our guests during this exciting time of the year.
We hope to welcome you back to The Dorchester in the future.
Executive Assistant Manager, Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

My husband & I decided to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary at The Dorchester & we are so glad we did.
On arrival we found we had been upgraded to a executive deluxe room, over looking Hyde Park. Sheer luxury! I have to say the bed, linen & pillows were to die for!!
On arrival to our room we found chamapgne on ice, strawberries dipped in chocolate & a bowl of fruit. This was a most unexpected & kind gesture. Very much appreciated.
My husband had also arranged delivery of a beautiful bouquet of flowers, created by the Dorchester florists. This is still being much enjoyed since our arrival home.
We enjoyed both lunch & breakfast in the Grill. Thanks there for our anniversary cake!
The staff were all polite, friendly & very helpful. A credit to the hotel.
Thank you to all at the Dorchester for making our special day EXTRA special.
We are already planning a return visit.
In the evening we went to the London Palladium to see "The Wizard of Oz", which was excellent.
Certainly an anniversary we will never forget.

Dear Guest,
Congratulations on your Ruby Wedding Anniversary. We are delighted that you and your husband chose to celebrate this milestone at The Dorchester. It sounds like you had a very special evening, which we were honoured to be a part of.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the future.
Lincolnshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I was a little concerned regarding our stay at the Dorcester due to some comments posted on this site, however I needn't have been
We stayed at the Dorcester at the end of August as a suprise birthday treat for my husband.I had mentioned this on booking, and when we checked in it was commented upon - the communication channels work at the Dorcester. We arrived around 1pm and were shown to our room straight away that had been upgraded from a deluxe to an executive. The room was superb and looked over the front of the hotel, with a side view of Hyde Park and Park Lane. All staff were friendly and helpful. Everywhere, as you would expect was spotless, and the abundance of fresh flowers are superb. My husband was made to feel special over our stay, and birthday cakes arrived each day! We ate in The Grill and had the 7 course taster menu which was lovely however I would opt in future for only 5 courses and not be greedy! The concierge were really helpful and we were able to obtain tickets for attractions from them, which negated the need to queue. A very enjoyable stay in luxurious surroundings, with attentive staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear that your stay at The Dorchester exceeded your expectations. It sounds like you had a very special birthday celebration for your husband; our team is always happy to help with a special occasion.
We hope to welcome you back to The Dorchester in the future.
Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights as an anniversary treat - and what a treat!

We were upgraded on arrival, and also had a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us - a lovely, and much appreciated, gesture. All staff we encountered were friendly, professional and approachable. Our room was both impeccable and impressive but above all, incredibly comfortable - the bath being easily the deepest I have ever had the pleasure of sinking into! Breakfast in the Promenade was a relaxing start to each day, the fare did not disappoint.

The Dorchester manages to combine an effortless style and quality leaving you feeling extremely well looked after. And looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Guest,
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Dorchester. I will be sure to pass your comments along to my team who will be pleased to hear that you appreciated their efforts.
Our bath tubs are known to be the deepest in London, a great way to relax!
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the future.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a night as a birthday gift for me. We had a luxury room (I think) which was enormous, with a huge bed, and a bath tub you could sink in. Although the view wasnt great, this wasn't an issue at all - the only time I looked out was to see if we had a view - at night the curtains are closed, and in the day there are nets so you just see sunlight rather than the view itself.

We ate at The Grill, and the food was incredible. Everybody there was very friendly and helpful, recommending wine for each course, and nothing was too much effort for them - something we found with every member of staff. The surprise birthday chocolate cake was also great - and when we couldn't eat it (after such a great dinner) The Dorchester boxed it up for us to take home.

My only "complaint" (although it's far from a complaint) is that you have to pay nearly £20 for internet access. At the price of the rooms I find this grates a bit - even cheap hotels tend to offer free internet (or at most charge about £5 for it), and I really do think this should be included in the room rate.

Dear Guest,
I am very happy to hear that you and your husband had a pleasant birthday staying at The Dorchester and dining at The Grill. I will be certain to pass along your feedback to my team; thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to share your experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at the Dorchester for 3 nights before a cruise vacation. Two rooms, connected--both a little on the small side, but we made the most of the space. The bedding, toiletries, etc., were excellent.

As part of our package we received the daily breakfast which is VERY pricey--not crowded, as no one except someone on a package would use it. The waitstaff was extremely accommodating. Afternoon tea was wonderful, highly recommend it.

The location is great, right off the park and close (5-10 minute walk) to Tube stations on two different lines. It's in a beautiful neighborhood with high-priced homes and other hotels. The only negative is there are really no stores or restaurants, per se, close to the hotel. I had to go down to a gas station convenience store (5 minutes away).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay at The Dorchester and I hope that you enjoyed your cruise as well. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to find stores and restaurants nearby; Mayfair is home to many shopping destinations, and our team will always be happy to help you find anything that you may need.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to The Dorchester in the future.
Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

My daughter wanted to celebrate her 21st birthday by taking Afternoon Tea in London, and we couldn't have chosen better than the Dorchester. The Promenade Room is beautiful and the staff, without exception, were friendly and attentive. Our waitress (Rasa?) in particular was charming and kept appearing with platters of sandwiches and delectable pastries. The Champagne Afternoon Tea starts with a glass of delicious Laurent-Perrier, we were then served a selection of finger sandwiches - all mouthwateringly good. Then scones with homemade jams, and lastly some cakes and pastries which looked so beautiful it was almost a shame to eat them. Generous quantities of everything - to the point we felt we could not eat another morsel. They even asked the pianist to play 'Happy Birthday' and presented my daughter with a gorgeous chocolate birthday cake with candles - she felt like a princess. Yes, afternoon tea is expensive but the food was exquisite and the ambiance delightful. Thank you to everyone at the Dorchester for making my daughter's birthday so memorable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
PromenadeDorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear Guest,
I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit to The Dorchester. Champagne Afternoon Tea is a great way to celebrate a 21st birthday; I’m delighted that the experience lived up to your expectations. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the team in The Promenade, who will be thrilled to hear that it was a happy birthday celebration for your daughter.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Dorchester in the future.
Best Regards,
Renaud Gregoire
Director of Food and Beverage

Been to The Dorchester? Share your experiences!