“The only place to stay whilst you are in London - simply the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dorchester

Offers & Announcements
Winter 3 for 2
Ranked #41 of 1,066 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“The only place to stay whilst you are in London - simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I have stayed at the Dorchester on numerous occasions and recently went for my husband's birthday as it is our favourite hotel in London. A very warm reception as always from the helpful staff and the beautiful lobby, I always LOVE the amazing flower arrangements they have as you enter the hotel.

We were upgraded to a beautiful room - just look at the pictures to see what a luxury this hotel is! We even popped out for a walk around to come back to a delicious chocolate cake saying Happy Birthday to my husband with a card which was a lovely touch.

The rooms are of an impeccable standard so grand, clean, spacious and elegant. The furniture and décor is magnificent and the beds are some of the comfiest I have ever slept in, you won't want to get out of them in the morning!!

Breakfast downstairs is great but sometimes the room service food is not up to the same standard so would advise if you can to eat in the restaurants rather than order to the room.

This hotel is an absolute must and worth every penny!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments about your visit to The Dorchester. I am very pleased to hear that you and your husband had a pleasant birthday celebration and enjoyed the cake!
I will be happy to share your compliments with the rest of the team.
Executive Assistant Manager, Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011 via mobile

Afternoon Tea at The Dorchester is simply the best experience you could wish for. Professional service. Quality food. Beautiful surroundings. Relaxed atmosphere.

A must if you are ever in London.

• Stayed July 2010
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Was in London for a friend's engagement so decided to treat my partner and totally blow the budget by booking a junior suite someplace special to act as our base for 2 nights in early May. Our stay at the Dorchester was very comfortable, one of the most beautiful hotels I have stayed. To begin with the concierge was amazing, very professional in arranging a couple of reservations and an excellent car service - I really didn't want to mess up my "just done" hair and perfect party dress riding in some dirty taxi. (Huge thanks to Al, our chauffeur who inspirationally gave us his number so we could call him when we finally needed picking up, well past midnight from Battersea power station).

The Dorchester's reception team too was very helpful with supporting enquiries and arranging extra flowers for our room. The room service staff were the best - the suite was immaculate, clean and fresh. The turndown service maid actually folded my clothes that I left out, super efficient!

The jnr suite was beautifully presented and large with a seating area. The emphasis is on the small details that make for a feeling of relaxed well being. I found the dressing room a bit small, but the room can be divided by a sliding curtain, which makes for a great private space if needed. The bathroom was beautifully appointed with a great range of nice yummy toiletries. The bath so deep I was just able to peek over the top of the rim heehee, a great tub for sharing a long soak ;)

I can't comment on the hotel dining experience as we didn't use the hotel's restaurant, even though China Tang nearly tempted. BUT London is not short of options so we decided to explore the local eats and bars, again the concierge's knowledge proved invaluable to what was happening in the area.

Breakfast was yummy and the service was very attentive with good choice and options that catered to my low sodium diet.

Overall I would love to return back someday to enjoy the city more.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear Guest,
I am thrilled that you had such a lovely stay with us in London for your special occasion. Our team will be very happy to hear that they contributed to your wonderful experience at The Dorchester; I will be pleased to pass along your comments.
I hope that we can welcome you back to The Dorchester in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011 via mobile

Well looked after the moment we arrived The front end staff ie the doormen and reception staff were welcoming and friendly The room and service was top drawer and would recommend this fantastic place to absolutely anyone Thank You to everyone who made our stay a happy and pleasant one

• Stayed May 2011
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your kind comments.
I am delighted to read that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you found our staff be to welcoming and friendly. I will pass your compliments to our team, they will be very happy to hear your positive feedback.
I do hope that we can welcome you back to The Dorchester again in the future.
Cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

The mark of a great hotel is to make its guests feel genuinely welcome and at home, and the Dorchester does this with a genuine charm that I thought long lost in modern London. Every member of staff we met was infinitely helpful, friendly and professional - we felt comfortable and looked after as soon as we handed over the car keys at the entrance.

London is full of identikit 'luxury' hotels, many of which we've stayed in, but none comes close to the Dorchester for service. Our room was elegant, spacious, comfortable and quiet - a real sense of sanctuary from the mayhem of Park Lane. The spacious marble bathroom was beautiful, with gorgeous Floris toiletries. The Dorchester has resisted the temptation to set trends or be cool, and it has paid off handsomely - it's now one of the very few hotels left in London with a sense of its own history and style. Yes it's expensive, but worth every penny.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the charm and service of The Dorchester. It is our aim to continually improve our service beyond our guests expectations.
We hope to welcome you back to The Dorchester in the future.
Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Stayed for one night on the eve of 'The Wedding" - took advantage of the Easter offer. From check in to check out everything was perfect (almost). Gloria at reception was super professional and lovely, escorted us to our room where our wonderfully chilled bottle of champagne and canapes awaited. We enjoyed cocktails at the bar later and were afforded a late check-out without hesitation. If I had to be super picky the room was a little dark with no central lighting - it overlooked the terrace, however the bed linen was the smoothest/softest I've ever encountered on my travels and the pillows sheer clouds of heaven......Tea/coffee making facilities would be nice although a kettle and cups were delivered upon request...... an unforgettable experience!! which we hope to repeat.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Dorchester during your recent visit to London during the Royal Wedding celebrations.
I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly be passing on your kind comments to the team.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.
Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Firstly, this is a superb hotel that everyone will be very happy to stay at but it does come at a price.

The rooms are nice and the service is excellent but it is a little glitzy.

No point in going on about all the great things – you’ll know those already.

What about the downsides?

1 It’s a bit glitzy
2 The bar seems to be full of ladies of the night
3 The choice of TV stations is limited
4 There’s no sleep timer on the TV
5 The breakfast is awful for £32 per person. We could have done better down at the greasy spoon around the corner.
6 The view over the park isn't worth pying for as all you see are the AC units on the roof below

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Dear Guest,
I am pleased to hear that you think The Dorchester has great things to offer and I appreciate that you have taken the time to share your honest opinion. I apologise for the inconvenience that you experienced, in particular with regards to breakfast. I would love to speak with you in person to further discuss your comments and would ask you to kindly contact me at the hotel at your convenience.
Executive Assistant Manager, Rooms

Been to The Dorchester? Share your experiences!