“It's like coming home....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Capital Hotel

You added The Capital Hotel to your Saves list
The Capital Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 - 24 Basil Street | Knightsbridge, London SW3 1AT , England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #69 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“It's like coming home....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have to say that I have stayed at The Capital on several occasions and on each return the pleasure increases. The welcome at the door, in the bar, at breakfast.. it all appears to be totally genuine and from people who really are pleased to see you. The rooms are spotlessly clean (I love the fact that I have been put in the same room and don't have to orientate myself all over again) with a delicious selection of bathroom products - you need ask for no more.

So thank you, just keep doing what you are doing and I am so looking forward to experiencing Nathan Outlaws cuisine when I return. I too am a hotelier, so understand how difficult it is to keep everything pristine at all times and I applaud you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
thecapitalhotel, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I was delighted to read that you are enjoying your return visits to the hotel just as much as your first! The team are always so thrilled to see returning guests; as a family run hotel we strive to make sure our guests feel at home here and so there is no greater compliment. We are very proud of our new restaurant and look forward to tempting you with the delicious menu on your next visit to London.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Kate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Magor, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My daughter took me for afternoon tea and it was wonderful. All staff very attentive and helpful. Sandwiches, cakes, scones delicious. We had a love time spending time together. Such a lovely treat. I am disabled and use crutches. The afternoon tea is served in a lovely little dining room and all on the ground floor as are the toilets etc. As a bonus Harrod's is just around the corner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am so pleased to read that you and your daughter had such a good experience when you came for afternoon tea, what a lovely way to spend an afternoon together! I have a particular soft spot for our Eccles cakes that make up part of our tea and I hope that you enjoyed them as much as I do. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and we very much hope to welcome you both back to the hotel when you are next in Knightsbridge.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

A wonderful hotel, with attentive, friendly staff. Located steps from Harrods in a toney part of town. Our go-to hotel in London for its quaint, cozy rooms , and British hospitality. The bar is a great place for a cup of tea or a cocktail before dinner. The Concierge always has a smile and always ready to help. This is our second visit and one of our favorite small luxury hotels in London.

Room Tip: A room overlooking Basile street is a plus.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The team at the hotel were very happy to read that you had enjoyed your visit to The Capital and London. We are spoiled with our location so close to Harrods and Sloane Street and I am so pleased that it suited you well. Cesar in the bar is a true legend and looks forward to welcoming you back with a restorative cup of tea or something a little stronger!

Petworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wonderful location for London shopping ,restaurants and theatres with parking provided .The rooms are very tastefully decorated , super comfortable beds and quiet all of which makes for a good night 's sleep. Free internet access but a little slow.
Small restaurant but light and airy . Great english cooking and the set lunch uper value. House wines are good . Wine list possibly a little expensive. Breakfast excellent.
All the staff happy to help and well trained.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review, I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay at the Capital. Having a car park here in the centre of Knightsbridge is certainly a useful thing! I was very pleased that you liked your bedroom and it all resulted in a good night’s sleep. Our house wines come from my father’s vineyard in the Loire so he was particularly pleased to hear that you had enjoyed them.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

When I was in London 2 years ago, I visited Capital hotel for afternoon tea. That time I didnt have reservation and it was very busy day. But staffs from Bar took me to the bar and set sup cozy corner but it was dark. But experience of afternoon tea was great and service was absolutely good Mongolian boy/ cant remember his name/ who looked after us very well and talked about the Japan and so on. That time I am very impressed with service which they provided.
This year when I went to London I went for afternoon tea again with booking. Room was so nice next to window but tea was great sandwihes as well as but only one thing was missing it was talking with staff. they were serving right but not same as last waiter /Mongolian waiter/ who made us memorable afternoon tea 2 years back.

But I will definetly go back for afternoon tea it was one of the best in London

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am delighted that you enjoyed your most recent afternoon tea at the Capital. On your first visit you were looked after by Ink who is a wonderful person and we were so sorry when he returned to Mongolia last year. Cesar’s team are very charming and I hope that on your next visit you will be served someone you like as much as Ink.

The sitting room is indeed charming and I am glad that you have now experienced the full afternoon tea at the Capital. We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Knightsbridge for this very English tradition.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great locations; super close to Harrods, Harvey Nicoles and Sloan Street.
They use double-layer glass windows. So it is really quiet during the night.
Staff were super friendly.
Excellent service!
I also ordered the English breakfast. It tastes great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review. We are very spoiled with our location so close to the shops and museums. As you mention though we are lucky enough to be on a small residential street and have double glazing so we hope our guests find a quiet and restful place to enjoy. Our restaurant team were delighted to read that you thought highly of your breakfast, it really is the most important meal of the day!

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit.

TROYES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very good service, great location.The nearest hotel from Harrod's.
The staff is very attentive to all your needs. The food is very good. The decoration is a bit classical in the rooms but you feel like in a typical british hotel. Very nice selection of whisky in the bar.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Cesar does indeed have a wonderful stock of amazing whiskeys in the bar and as the youngest Keeper of the Quiach he is very involved with the entire industry. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Kate

Been to The Capital Hotel? Share your experiences!