“A very pleasant end to the afternoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lanesborough.

You added The Lanesborough. to your Saves list
The Lanesborough.
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hyde Park Corner, London SW1X 7TA, England   |
Ranked #149 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“A very pleasant end to the afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

What to do on a grim day in Knightsbridge? The answer is quite frankly "go and sample some excellent high tea at London's finest hotel, The Lanesborough". I arrived at the hotel and was immediately valeted and greeted by a cheerful doorman; finally an uplifting hope to this rainy day! In the marbled lobby i was again warmly greeted and my coat was taken. Then i sat down in the lounge and experienced some of the finest tea and sandwiches of England. Special mention to my waiter; Roman. He was very attentive and kind, suggesting when's/why's/what's and how's of tea. With a soft piano playing in the background, i was content as can be with my little cup of tea(the rhyme was semi-intentional!).
In other words, my visit was blissful and i am certain to return.

• Stayed November 2011
LanesboroughTeam, Manager at The Lanesborough., responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your latest experience and shall pass on your sweet mention of Roman on to him. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,
Alexandre Caujolle
F&B Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Me and a friend have made it our mission to sample Afternoon Tea in all the 5* hotels in London. After having been at the Savoy, Brown's, Dorchester and Claridges, The Lanesborough was next on the list. We booked well in advance- about 2 months just to be safe.
We ended up going on one of the hottest days of the year, so initially I wasn't really looking forward to drinking tea and stuffing my face with food. But as soon as I arrived, I changed my mind. The decor is wonderful and the restaurant was fully air conditoned. As soon as we sat down we asked for iced tea, which was brough over immediately. The staff were incredibly attentive and friendly. The food was delicious- we were always offered addional sandwitches and cakes. The scones, jam and the clotted cream were divine.
I have to say that everything was exceptional: the food, the service and the surroundings.
Beautiful cutlery, china and tablecloths- every little thing really does make a difference.
I think for the experience we got, it was worth every penny and more. I would definetly come back for any other special occasion and will recommend the Lanesborough to all my friends. Truly world class.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
LanesboroughTeam, Manager at The Lanesborough., responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for much for taking the time to share your lovely review with us. I am very pleased that your recent Afternoon Tea experience with us was well worth it. I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,
Alexander Caujolle
F&B Director
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on my friends birthday weekend.

Service:
The service was fabulous, nothing was too much trouble and the staff were very polite. The butler service was amazing and nothing was too much effort. Everything ordered, arrived on time without any fuss. Breakfast menu's were lovely, and we could order anything that wasn't on the menu. nothing was too much trouble.

Accomodation:
The rooms were stunning, very english and very british. dark wood, beautiful layout, free pc and internet access. The bathroom had a jacuzzi and a separate shower and everything a lady could ask for. We had an internal room overlooking the restaurant, this made the room very quite.

Cleanliness:
Spotless....

I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a special treat..

Room Tip: Internal rooms overlooking the restaurant made them soundless.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
LanesboroughTeam, Director of Sales at The Lanesborough., responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this lovely review. I am very pleased that you decided to make The Lanesborough part of your friends’ special birthday celebration and of course that you have enjoyed it. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Sales & Marketing
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

It was my birthday and as I was in London taking part in the 10k race family treated me to a meal at this wonderful hotel. As soon as we arrived and we met by the doorman we knew it would be special. We had a drink in the bar, served with nibbles and olives then were shown into the main restaurant. Visually it is stunning. Staff could not be more attentive, water glasses filled and wine topped up. We ate from a 3 course menu including ravioli, absolutely delicilous!! pork, melted in your mouth then a chocolate dessert. We received numerous other little taster courses throughout which were absolutely delicious, the banana ice cream dessert standing out. We had freshly made bread with dipping olive oil served throughout dinner, the oil was the best ive ever tasted. Coffee finished off our meal and overall we all agreed it was one of the best meals we have ever enjoyed. The restaurant is a one star michelin and lived up to this easily. Our meals came to approx £80 each but we left happy and full.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at The Lanesborough., responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. Allow me to wish you a very happy birthday and to congratulate you on your 10K run. I am very pleased you have enjoyed your experience with us from start to finish and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Alexandre Caujolle
Food and Beverage Director
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

A stunning hotel on so many levels. Firstly the service and attention to you as a guest. The staff know instinctively when to be in the background or when you need that extra detail. The butler took us to our room and we were surprised with a big plate of strawberries dipped in chocolate and a bottle of French champagne chilled on ice. Jon our butler then gave us a grand tour and helped with our baggage which was such a relief flying in from Australia. He then quickly exited to give us space to relax. The hotel is beautiful, plush decor, amazing flower displays (one in no our of wimbledon while we were there, complete with tennis rackets) and you really feel like you are staying n a five star hotel that has that something extra. Our room was amazing, no view of the park, but its interiors made up for its lack of aspect. Think wood-panelled bookshelves lined with old books, a writing, desk, chesterfield couch, it was great, slightly over the top but also felt very homey, like you were staying in a wing of an ancient manor belonging to your rich great-uncle. Then there was the bathroom, bedroom with more books, and a Tv that ro up from the bookshelf, so wasn't obviously intrusive. Service was fantastic, turn down, slipper next to your bed, etc. The minibar was interesting, no miniatures here, full bottles that I think you were meant to get your butler to come and make you drinks (how else would they know how to charge per 50 ml?). The only thing I would have liked would have been a kettle so I could make myself a cup of tea, but that's a minor niggle in the overall scheme of things. We ate breakfast in the restaurant, costlybut delicious, service again impeccable, and loved the enormous pots of tea. We also had the afternoon tea, again highly recommended, they heard us toasting our honeymoon and the next thing the pianist has come over, wanting to know what song je could play us, and then a special tray of cakes came out. Amazing and totally unexpected. The afternoon tea was delicious, we couldn't get through it all. The hotel also has a great library bar which we didn't get to enjoy but looked great and also a cigar room/outside garden bar ghat my husband loved and spent two afternoons there with business contacts. We didn't try the 4000 pund glass of 1770 cognac or 1390 ound cohiba special release bar but it wAs fun to see them on the menu! We did have cocktails and cigars and again the atmosphere, service, and delivery were the best. Overall, boutique hotel with a difference. Feels like sumptuous private residence with service, quality, atmosphere, ample people watching opportunities and all-round excellence. More than a hotel, an experioence and one we would defininitely have again. Oh wait, forgot to mention the stationery and business cArds with your nAme printed on it that is waiting for you on arrival, sAying you are 'in residence' at the hotel. brilliant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at The Lanesborough., responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Happy Anniversary!! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, please make sure to come back soon, and also please let us know if you wish to have a kettle in your room which we would happily accommodate.
Very best regards,
Director of Sales and Marketing
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

First class all the way from doormen (Victor and Dominic were extraordinaire) to the personal butlers. A must stay if you aren't on a budget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review. I will personally pass this lovely comment to both Victor and Dominic as I am sure it will make their day. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Director of Sales and Marketing
DXB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

was the best experience of staying in london. Fantastic service, superb location. breakfast @ aspleys is also very good. The butler and the maid service can spoil you !!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at The Lanesborough., responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is great to know that you consider The Lanesborough as your best experience of staying in London. I look forward to welcoming you back to your London home.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to The Lanesborough.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Lanesborough.

Address: Hyde Park Corner, London SW1X 7TA, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > London
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites
#36 Spa Hotel in London
#116 Luxury Hotel in London
#138 Family Hotel in London
#143 Business Hotel in London
#226 Romantic Hotel in London
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The Lanesborough. 5*
The Lanesborough is ideally located in prestigious Knightsbridge overlooking Hyde Park featuring 95 guest rooms including 43 suites. Guests of The Lanesborough are received as honoured guests in a private home and cared for by personal butlers. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your The Lanesborough. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
St Regis London
London St Regis
The Lanesborough. London, England

If you own or manage The Lanesborough., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.